Metro Rankings

bleacher

2 hours ago, bleacher said:

The principal y'all speak of that damaged the school is gone. A new principal is in place. The current coach will soon be replaced. The question is can a new coach be recruited that is capable of establishing a solid winning program? It can be done if it's important to the current Administration and to the community..

I heard a Inner city HC that's winning been wanting the job.

Me three. Strong rumor there. Honestly there are two former coaches I would go to already in the building. I know one of the two would say no so I'll leave his name out. The other is Leighton Butler. Great defensive minded coach. Good person who cares about the kids and would teach them to be good student athletes. I also think he could put together a good staff. No idea if he is even interested in coaching again but I would make him tell me No.

I agree Antioch could be successful with the "right coach". But lets be realistic Antioch has never been anything more than mediocre . Woodward was probably the best program they have ever had. McPhail had Antioch before CR was around with a loaded team and they didn't amount to what was expected. No disrespect but Brown isn't what Antioch needs in my opinion. They need new blood with some high energy. I believe this job needs a proven coach that don't mind butting heads with CR

8 hours ago, WildWolf6 said:

I agree Antioch could be successful with the "right coach". But lets be realistic Antioch has never been anything more than mediocre . Woodward was probably the best program they have ever had. McPhail had Antioch before CR was around with a loaded team and they didn't amount to what was expected. No disrespect but Brown isn't what Antioch needs in my opinion. They need new blood with some high energy. I believe this job needs a proven coach that don't mind butting heads with CR

21 hours ago, bleacher said:

You did Coach the best team in the history of Antioch a few years ago right? You think you could do it again? You would have to create a totally new staff in my opinion. Would the current Administration help with that?

No doubt in my mind. New blood is fine as long that person realizes it is all about building relationships with the players and not about any schemes. As for energy I have some some lazy young coaches as well. Players just want to know you care about them  first and then the rest is easier. I do hope the best for AHS. I have a very strong love for Antioch.

• Like 1