Metro Rankings

bleacher

55 minutes ago, 17NCS said:

Why can't i have the opinion that the Cane Ridge staff is better than Brunetti's on a message board?  CR plays a much tougher schedule each year with them being in 6A but you PC guys don't want to acknowledge that.... 

Look at the playoffs... CR plays the Williamson County/Rutherford County schools while PC plays the Fairviews and Giles County's of the world (solid programs but not WillCo/RuthCo level).  

MLK High School has an enrollment of 965 per the TSSAA so that works out nice for 3A PC in terms of a co-op program.  What school does CR co-op with?  

This is not meant to be a bash PC post.  They will win a bunch of games every year and several of their kids will get college offers which is a great thing for Metro... 

Once PC wins the big one in 3A, i might change my thoughts.  

East Nashville, who is in Pearl-Cohn's region, has beaten Riverdale and Smyrna in matchups over the past two years.  

Pearl-Cohn beat Cane Ridge, Hillsboro, and Independence all last year.  They also beat Montgomery Bell Academy.  Those are 4 really REALLY good victories regardless of what classification you are playing in.  The only team Pearl-Cohn did not beat last year was Alcoa.  

With the exception of Maryville, and possibly Oakland, there wasn't a team in the state of Tennessee that was going to beat Alcoa in 2019.  

1 hour ago, 17NCS said:

Why can't i have the opinion that the Cane Ridge staff is better than Brunetti's on a message board?  CR plays a much tougher schedule each year with them being in 6A but you PC guys don't want to acknowledge that.... 

Look at the playoffs... CR plays the Williamson County/Rutherford County schools while PC plays the Fairviews and Giles County's of the world (solid programs but not WillCo/RuthCo level).  

MLK High School has an enrollment of 965 per the TSSAA so that works out nice for 3A PC in terms of a co-op program.  What school does CR co-op with?  

This is not meant to be a bash PC post.  They will win a bunch of games every year and several of their kids will get college offers which is a great thing for Metro... 

Just stop it!  Howdoitknow just gave you facts. So at this point it's not just an opinion, its lies!!!

8 hours ago, 17NCS said:

Look at the playoffs... PC plays the Fairviews of the world (solid programs but not WillCo/RuthCo level).  

I have one more point to make about this post.  I don't know if you've been keeping track of Donovan Stewart's 'Decade in Review' stories that have been released on Fridays for the past month.  If not you should check them out because it's great stuff and Donovan always does a great job of promoting high school football in the state of Tennessee.  

Below I am going to list the schools that have won 90+ games in the last decade.  I'm going to BOLD the schools that have lost fewer than 30 games during that same time period.  I don't care what classification of football you compete in at the end of the day that's pretty darn impressive.  

1A-2A-3A-4A Teams That Have Won 90+ Games Over The Last 10 Years

Alcoa (131-15):  3A

Greeneville (121-14):  4A

South Pittsburg (107-27):  1A

Greenback (106-25):  1A

Elizabethton (101-26):  4A

Peabody (99-33):  2A

Huntingdon (97-27):  1A

Trousdale County (96-28):  2A

Coalfield (96-33):  1A

Pearl-Cohn (96-36):  3A

Union City (94-34):  2A

Covington (94-34):  3A

Fairview (92-29):  3A

Dresden (90-34):  1A

16 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

Cane Ridge under Eddie Woods has had lots of success.  They are not premier team in MNPS over that time.  

Cane Ridge Results Under Woods:

2019:  8-4 (Round 2)

2018:  11-1 (Round 2)

2017:  13-2 (Runner-Up)

2016:  12-1 (Quarterfinals)

2015:  8-3 (Round 1)

Pearl-Cohn Results Under Brunetti:

2019:  14-1 (Runner-Up)

2018:  9-3 (Round 2)

2017:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2016:  12-2 (Semifinals)

2015:  10-5 (Runner-Up)

2014:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2013:  10-2 (Round 2)

2012:  3-7

2011:  7-6 (Quarterfinals)

2010:  9-4 (Quarterfinals)

2009:  5-6 (Round 1)

2008:  1-9

2007:  11-3 (Semifinals)

2006:  10-4 (Semifinals)

Tony Brunetti is on pace to end up with the most victories of anyone to ever coach in MNPS.  EVER!  I believe Jerry Pigue (193), Ron Aydelott (189), Wes Elrod (169), Jim Wilson (148), Maurice Fitzgerald (142), Scott Blade (135), and Herschel Moore (131) are the leaders in all-time wins by head coaches in MNPS history.  As of right now Brunetti currently stands at 123 overall victories.  Blade and Fitzgerald are still active.  

If my math is correct he currently has 23 years experience in the classroom (1997-PRESENT).  Barring any setbacks he will be the head football coach at Pearl-Cohn for 7 more years.  He's averaged 11 wins per year (77 total) over the last 7 years (2013-2019).  If he can continue to average 11 victories per year over the next 7 years then that would put him at 200 on the number.  

You are forgetting Craig Clayton at Hillsboro from 2012-2016. Coach Clayton has 292 wins in his coaching career over his coaching stops at Todd County (KY) Hopkinsville (KY) Franklin HS (TN) & Hillsboro HS (TN).

9 hours ago, DLopez said:

You are forgetting Craig Clayton at Hillsboro from 2012-2016. Coach Clayton has 292 wins in his coaching career over his coaching stops at Todd County (KY) Hopkinsville (KY) Franklin HS (TN) & Hillsboro HS (TN).

You're right I should have remembered coach Craig Clayton and his 292 wins.  His late, great father Fred Clayton also won 118 games at Caldwell County (KY) High School and coached at Cheatham County High School in 1985 & 1986.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spearchucker37015 said:

The good families are the ones that send their kids to all of the private schools I know the academics are harder and them boys have to be able to know how to read write and talk in a decent way I heard that Metro schools actually encourage ebonics like its a form of good language and I got told this by a teacher in Metro who lives in Ashland City because there aint no way he would send his kids to Metro schools and have to deal all of that mess

Dude get your nonsense off these boards. Totally uncalled for and not true and you probably wonder why people are protesting in the streets. Be better.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Dude get your nonsense off these boards. Totally uncalled for and not true and you probably wonder why people are protesting in the streets. Be better.

I have actually heard that e-bonics is taught in diversity classes now as a form of communication.  It's not the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, or 1990s where you can be a strict disciplinarian at all times and be overly demanding of kids.  Kids nowadays like to be communicated with and every coaching staff needs coaches who the kids feel comfortable talking with when life gets difficult.  Kids have too many other options for entertainment besides playing football and in 2020 you have to walk a fine line between being a disciplinarian and putting yourself on their level.  Look at how the NFL players nowadays react when something is said in the media that they do not agree with completely.  You see it more and more these days.  I remember when Randy Moss came out of Marshall and his bad rep followed him to the draft.  The Tennessee Titans passed on that guy to draft Kevin Dyson.  I'm not saying that Kevin Dyson was not a good player or that he didn't have a good career with the Titans, but I am saying that he was not Randy Moss.  Nowadays people turn the other cheek to that stuff a whole lot more than they did in even 1998.  

On 6/5/2020 at 2:04 PM, 17NCS said:

Mmmm NCS we are talking about spearchucker and the bashing of Cane Ridge and pc kids. I didn’t even see your post and we have no problem with anybody opinion as long as it’s not bashing kids.

• Upvote 1