• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

bleacher

Metro Rankings

Antioch beats McGavock to end 33 game losing streak. Hillwood or HL are teams that can not and will not be competition for anyone in the playoffs if they qualify. Metro has 4 decent teams and that is it. Very sad also.

2 hours ago, fb247 said:

Antioch beats McGavock to end 33 game losing streak. Hillwood or HL are teams that can not and will not be competition for anyone in the playoffs if they qualify. Metro has 4 decent teams and that is it. Very sad also.

Based on Friday night, I don't know if Cane Ridge is that good.  According to a site, they were ranked #8 in the area to Ryan's #14.  They took opening kickoff back and that was it...couldn't move the ball, couldn't stop the run or pass.  Could have been an off night.  I will give them another benefit of the doubt since they haven't played as many games which I also think is big.  To me it is PC, East, maybe Hillsboro.  I watched the replay of their game with Cane Ridge and they had problems so.....

4 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

Based on Friday night, I don't know if Cane Ridge is that good.  According to a site, they were ranked #8 in the area to Ryan's #14.  They took opening kickoff back and that was it...couldn't move the ball, couldn't stop the run or pass.  Could have been an off night.  I will give them another benefit of the doubt since they haven't played as many games which I also think is big.  To me it is PC, East, maybe Hillsboro.  I watched the replay of their game with Cane Ridge and they had problems so.....

I said decent teams. None can win state . PC will be best shot but can't beat Alcoa " not sure many can". PC could win state if not for Alcoa.

Edited by fb247

School choice and the public/private split have destroyed football in Metro. Now you have not only every private in town openly recruiting your kids you have the four schools that everyone knows is all that can field an even decent team recruiting them also. Truth hurts but that is why.

Pretty soon the only football in Metro will be 4 or 5 mega co-ops.

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

School choice and the public/private split have destroyed football in Metro. Now you have not only every private in town openly recruiting your kids you have the four schools that everyone knows is all that can field an even decent team recruiting them also. Truth hurts but that is why.

The four schools coaches have a lot in common also.

4 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Heck when one of your coaches sends their son to a private school, it has to be hard to sell different programs in the county to these athletes. Basically coaches saying these schools are not good enough for my own kids.

Edited by District12AA

11 hours ago, District12AA said:

Heck when one of your coaches sends their son to a private school, it has to be hard to sell different programs in the county to these athletes. Basically coaches saying these schools are not good enough for my own kids.

There are actually at least two of these.

8 minutes ago, Fballfan1978 said:

Not sure if this really matters but metro are delaying the return to school for students again due to the numbers going up.

That is middle school kids. High school is not scheduled to go back till January anyway.