Metro Rankings

bleacher

20 hours ago, 18NCS said:

My understanding is that Lawson/Metro already had purchased the irrigation system for natural grass before the word came out that new field turf was in the works. They will be the last school to get the new turf from what i am being told. 

Still a waste of money and lack of communication but nothing new.

22 hours ago, cbg said:

Just asking a question so don't shoot the messenger:  It has been widely reported that Whites Creek currently has less than 550 students so why would you place turf on a field that should be closed?  Would it not make more sense to place turf on the new Lawson school field over WC?

!!!

15 minutes ago, EastNasty said:

And it’s June and a not a piece of dirt has been moved. Looks like they will start when school starts back. Sounds very metroish to me.

Maybe someone like Tom Kreager with the Tennessean.com will look into this? Are any metro schools getting the new field turf that was mentioned months ago?  I think East opens up at home against JPII so perhaps this game gets moved to an away game... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/6/2023 at 8:41 AM, EastNasty said:

And it’s June and a not a piece of dirt has been moved. Looks like they will start when school starts back. Sounds very metroish to me.

Sounding like we wont have a true home game until at very least playoffs. Maybe hunters lane, Hillsboro or Lawson will let us borrow their field for a game or two.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

Sounding like we wont have a true home game until at very least playoffs. Maybe hunters lane, Hillsboro or Lawson will let us borrow their field for a game or two.

In 2021 when Fairview started their natural grass to artificial playing surface project the work didn't begin until the first week of the Dead Period.  Fairview was able to play their second home game on the new surface in Week 3 of the season.  They had to settle for playing the initial home game that season at Fred J. Page High School in Franklin.  The track wasn't poured until the winter time after football season had ended.  

When Page moved from natural grass to an artificial playing surface they were able to play their first game in Week 1.  It was the 2018 season and the construction crew that was working on the project worked overnight on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of that final week just so the field would be able to be played on in Week 1.

Fairview is regarded as being "the red headed step child" of Williamson County.  I'm sure that many in the "clique" in Franklin/Brentwood would just assume that Fairview was located in Hickman County or Dickson County rather than being affiliated with their ways of living.  

If it is important to the people in charge of the project then it will get done.  If it's not then it will be a "poop" show and the kids will be cheated out of home games at their schools.  

• Upvote 1