Smyrna @ Stewarts Creek

milo118

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited about this year's Edition of the Bulldogs! Thought the O-line played well against LaVergne. Secondary played well against the two D-1 prospects. They will get better as the season goes on. Gave up a big run during lavergne's first series. The defense responded and played solid the rest of the night. Pleased with the effort. Most importantly they had several chances where they could have gotten caught up in the hype and lost control of their emotions. Managed to avoid it along with the 15 yard penalties. Keep up the good work!

Edited by milo118

Unfortunately, this probably won't be a very close game.

Creek lost more than people wanted to admit from last year.  Some quick athletic line guys with tons of experience... a very good TE... really good WR/DB/KR... QB who is good enough to be in the OVC now... 

This would have been the year to ditch the wing-t offense.  They didn't.  It will be a struggle to go 5-5 and maybe make the playoffs.  Hope they prove me wrong but...

Unfortunately, this probably won't be a very close game.

Creek lost more than people wanted to admit from last year. Some quick athletic line guys with tons of experience... a very good TE... really good WR/DB/KR... QB who is good enough to be in the OVC now...

This would have been the year to ditch the wing-t offense. They didn't. It will be a struggle to go 5-5 and maybe make the playoffs. Hope they prove me wrong but...

What Grade is the QB? What does the future at SC look like?

What Grade is the QB? What does the future at SC look like?

He is a senior and has been a backup QB (I think) since the school was built (?)

I'm not sure some players (I won't name) showed back up in shape.  Coach Martin said something interesting in the newspaper before the season.  

quote:

"We still have some things we have to overcome," Martin said. "We still have some seniors that are still not consistent in their work habits."

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/07/21/forget-rising-stewarts-creek-football-has-risen/87383910/

This was supposed to be a really good season and may end up being a rebuilding season before the next few really really rebuilding seasons.