William Blount at Dobyns-Bennett

BigDave1967

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this even a question William Blount is a very weak 6A team and Dobyns Bennett will lay the boom to them 55-12

Not so fast. Both teams are in the exact same situation at the moment. Both teams are 1-1 with a lopsided win over an inferior opponent and a blow out loss to teams that have a good chance to win it all in their respective classifications. This is the first region game for both teams and will be a good measuring stick for where the two teams stand. Both teams had disappointing seasons last year and hope they are improved this year. As far as i'm concerned, both teams have a lot of questions right now, and this game will answer some of those questions. Edited by Governors91

Not so fast. Both teams are in the exact same situation at the moment. Both teams are 1-1 with a lopsided win over an inferior opponent and a blow out loss to teams that have a good chance to win it all in their respective classifications. This is the first region game for both teams and will be a good measuring stick for where the two teams stand. Both teams had disappointing seasons last year and hope they are improved this year. As far as i'm concerned, both teams have a lot of questions right now, and this game will answer some of those questions.

Lopsided? 

Not so fast. Both teams are in the exact same situation at the moment. Both teams are 1-1 with a lopsided win over an inferior opponent and a blow out loss to teams that have a good chance to win it all in their respective classifications. This is the first region game for both teams and will be a good measuring stick for where the two teams stand. Both teams had disappointing seasons last year and hope they are improved this year. As far as i'm concerned, both teams have a lot of questions right now, and this game will answer some of those questions.

I won't say that Oak Ridge is as good as Alcoa, maybe as talented if not more talented, but overall Oak Ridge is not as good as Alcoa, but I am not sure I would say that our game was a blowout loss! Over 500 yards in total offense to 360 shows DB is capable just made to many mistakes which is correctable! I do agree this game will help us find out if our teams have made improvements from last year! You may benefit from one of our best defensive players being out this week! Not setting up an excuse because the guy filling in is good enough to start for most teams!.

I won't say that Oak Ridge is as good as Alcoa, maybe as talented if not more talented, but overall Oak Ridge is not as good as Alcoa, but I am not sure I would say that our game was a blowout loss! Over 500 yards in total offense to 360 shows DB is capable just made to many mistakes which is correctable! I do agree this game will help us find out if our teams have made improvements from last year! You may benefit from one of our best defensive players being out this week! Not setting up an excuse because the guy filling in is good enough to start for most teams!.

Fair enough on the turnovers, those can sure get you beat. The Govs used to have a bad habit of piling up turnovers. The result was the Govs would sometimes have more first downs and total yards than the other team and still get beat. In 2014, they averaged between 3-5 turnovers in the redzone per game. I hope that habit stays dead and buried. So far this season the Govs have only turned it over once in each game, granted the one turnover in the Alcoa game was a real back breaker. Edited by Governors91

Gov91.....question regarding Shad. If he has another 2 to 3 win season.....is losing his top players in the QB and WR, and doesn't see much in the pipeline, does he skate to another coaching job? Tell us what is in the pipeline that will allow the govs to compete....

Gov91.....question regarding Shad. If he has another 2 to 3 win season.....is losing his top players in the QB and WR, and doesn't see much in the pipeline, does he skate to another coaching job? Tell us what is in the pipeline that will allow the govs to compete....

WB's sophomore QB  is a really good athlete. WB has some tough middle school kids coming up. They have a RB in middle school that  is probably the best prospect to come down WB's pipeline since Brad Walker. He may be a better player than Walker at this stage and I think he'll be better in HS.

WB's sophomore QB  is a really good athlete. WB has some tough middle school kids coming up. They have a RB in middle school that  is probably the best prospect to come down WB's pipeline since Brad Walker. He may be a better player than Walker at this stage and I think he'll be better in HS.

but will they play at WB or take their talents elsewhere within the county?