William Blount at Dobyns-Bennett

BigDave1967

Fair enough on the turnovers, those can sure get you beat. The Govs used to have a bad habit of piling up turnovers. The result was the Govs would sometimes have more first downs and total yards than the other team and still get beat. In 2014, they averaged between 3-5 turnovers in the redzone per game. I hope that habit stays dead and buried. So far this season the Govs have only turned it over once in each game, granted the one turnover in the Alcoa game was a real back breaker.

I understand that all to well! Both teams need something to happen early to provide needed confidence! DB's offense Did some really good things last Friday night just made some mistakes! Some will say that the defense looked like it was not improved, but other than the fast kid hashing up on a couple big plays, DB looked fairly solid, well at least improved! It will be interesting to see if you are able to throw the ball on us, as I believe that is one of your strengths and one of the areas that we needed to improve! My opinion if you are not successful throwing the football, it will be a long night for the Govs. Well unless you have a 4.4 speedster that I haven't seen! A balanced attack may be key for both teams!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but will they play at WB or take their talents elsewhere within the county?

If RB goes somewhere else, things will get ugly quick around Alnwick. This kid is a difference maker. He'll play Varsity all four years. He'll change the way other Defenses play WB and he'll be the difference in at least a couple of close games every year. If WB keeps him and a few of the other kids and if the classifications change to favor WB, then his Jr and Sr year Govs can be 7-3 or 8-2.

If RB goes somewhere else, things will get ugly quick around Alnwick. This kid is a difference maker. He'll play Varsity all four years. He'll change the way other Defenses play WB and he'll be the difference in at least a couple of close games every year. If WB keeps him and a few of the other kids and if the classifications change to favor WB, then his Jr and Sr year Govs can be 7-3 or 8-2.

You think WB goes to 5A?  Will Shad stick around if they win 3 this year?  

WB's sophomore QB is a really good athlete. WB has some tough middle school kids coming up. They have a RB in middle school that is probably the best prospect to come down WB's pipeline since Brad Walker. He may be a better player than Walker at this stage and I think he'll be better in HS.

Word on the street is his folks are not at all happy with the garbage service they have currently!!

You think WB goes to 5A?  Will Shad stick around if they win 3 this year?  

I think any HC would stick around next year if he gets all the 8th graders coming up. After that, can Shad handle being 4-6 to 5-5 most yrs with a 7-3 or 8-2 season every so often?

I don't know. Maryville has shown a lot of success with hiring former head coaches and turning them into assistant coaches at a dominant program. Maybe another school does the same thing. I don't know. 

As far as 5A, I think what will happen is some lower level 5A teams will be bumped up into what is now the Super 32 and allow WB some easier competition ( Lenior City, Heritage , etc) so that's where you can go from 3-7 to 5-5 really quick.

Word on the street is his folks are not at all happy with the garbage service they have currently!!

I've heard lots of garbage services are lining up to try and help out. LOL.

As far as Middle school kids, how would you rank him compared to others that have come through Blount co/Mville / Alcoa in the last 20 yrs or so?

I've heard lots of garbage services are lining up to try and help out. LOL.

As far as Middle school kids, how would you rank him compared to others that have come through Blount co/Mville / Alcoa in the last 20 yrs or so?

I don't get to watch much middle school ball, being involved with the youth leagues don't allow for it.... However he was very impressive last year as a 12 year old.