William Blount at Dobyns-Bennett

BigDave1967

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB has a solid core of players returning next year. You got guys like T.J King, Damien Love,Nick Yoakum who are junior starters at the skill positions who will be back. And then you've got some linemen and linebackers on defense who look very promising. Plus the Govs will be getting some good athletes from the Middle School team in the upcoming freshman class.

LOL. Governors 91 the ultimate sunshine pumper. Already looking to next year. Good lineman ?. Not what I heard from this past Friday night.

LOL. Governors 91 the ultimate sunshine pumper. Already looking to next year. Good lineman ?. Not what I heard from this past Friday night.

They are sophomores who will get better with a little more time in the weight room, but they play hard. Plus they were going up against one of the best teams in the state, so yeah. As for the skill guys I mentioned, those guys are already big contributors.

The only reason next year was brought up is because MLReb questioned what we have after this senior class graduates.

Edited by Governors91

They are sophomores who will get better with a little more time in the weight room, but they play hard. Plus they were going up against one of the best teams in the state, so yeah. As for the skill guys I mentioned, those guys are already big contributors.

The only reason next year was brought up is because MLReb questioned what we have after this senior class graduates.

Ok then what about the whole year in the weight program under Shadowens for the current players? They were manhandled worse this year than last year I heard from someone I trust. And I have news for you coach Shadowens disagrees with you about them playing hard. He said they played with little effort.

Ok then what about the whole year in the weight program under Shadowens for the current players? They were manhandled worse this year than last year I heard from someone I trust. And I have news for you coach Shadowens disagrees with you about them playing hard. He said they played with little effort.

Maybe Alcoa's defense is actually better than last year? :huh: Just a thought... As for the effort, I agree that there was a lack of effort for a good part of the Alcoa game. I think that was due to the backbreaking pick 6 they had right off the bat on their first offensive series. The next series they went three and out and punted to Alcoa. The defense actually stopped Alcoa on their opening offensive drive despite them having great field position, but they still converted on a 40+ yard FG to go up 10-0. Now, that has to be demoralizing to a team. You stop a championship caliber offense and they still extend the lead on you. Is it any surprise that a team like WB kind of gave up over the course of a game that was going that way against a team like Alcoa?

LOL. Yeah I'm sure Alcoa would not want those five or six college signees back on their defense.

You didn't address 90% of what I said. And why does that matter? Alcoa is talented every single year. The guys who replaced those college signees probably played the whole second half of most games last year and were probably as talented as most teams starters.

Losing #2 and #27 to graduation will be tough. #12 is a winner at the QB position, so that will help the next two years. WB has some young talent. Its just trying to get everything to come together at the right time with a really tough schedule. Schad is a proven coach and seems to be doing things the right way. I think the 2018 season will give everyone a good idea of what the potential for the program is.