William Blount at Dobyns-Bennett

BigDave1967

It looks like DB opened it up in the second half at Oak Ridge and threw the ball around a little bit! I am interested in this game to see if DB comes out swinging or goes back to ground and pound! Any thoughts?

I'm not worried at all about DB's offense. A average passing team with a decent running back will score a lot of points on the defense. Been that way for about 6 years now and most DB fans still haven't noticed.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not worried at all about DB's offense. A average passing team with a decent running back will score a lot of points on the defense. Been that way for about 6 years now and most DB fans still haven't noticed.

Believe me I have seen it, and the pass defense has been my biggest worry! I believe we are better in that area this year, but it is hard to say for certain because the receivers they saw at Oak Ridge just out athleted us, but we will not see another receiver like Tee Higgins all year, and the fact they didn't throw much makes it hard to tell where things stand in the secondary! The offense needs to be a ball control offense but I think we will need to include the passing game into the mix to keep opposing defenses off balance, and to give better running lanes for #6 #30 and #7