East Ridge at Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, hats off to ER on a well deserved win.

Second, I apologize for the frequent posts last night. I hate it when others do that; I just got a little overexcited.

Third, I want to redact a comment from last night. I ain't a coach, and I ain't gonna Saturday morning quarterback. Thinking back on the game, and looking at the box scores, I'd have to say the play calling was pretty darned good. While it's true that we moved the ball well on the ground; as ER started putting 8,9, and even 10 in the box, it was some creative play calling that led to our sustained drives and scores. The times that we faltered, the play calling was on target, we just failed to execute. In the end, it was our turnovers that led to a couple of easy scores for ER.

I was really proud of how the team played last night. We don't have any one star athlete, but we have a TEAM of 26 guys who give it their all. (And two of those are kickers and six freshmen) The ones who have stuck with it through all of the negativity of the past year and a half are starting to show the results of hard work and commitment. Although we would all like to see more W's, it is actually pretty remarkable to see what this team is able to do. Although some will disagree, were it not for penalties against EH and turnovers last night against ER, this team could be 2-1 right now and 1-0 in the Region. I'm not making excuses. We will have to play mistake free ball to get the W's, and that is hard to do.

On to the next game.

Booger can smell one for your North Red Bank Mountain Eaglets, Troll.......u gettin closer...was actually pullin for ya; just a small small bit......your boys just might get one this week when yall go over to eat some of those awesome farmraised Carp Sammiches

...see where u had to backtrak a bit on last nights play callin comments u made......u must have got phone call

Booger just sayin fishing.gif

Booger can smell one for your North Red Bank Mountain Eaglets, Troll.......u gettin closer...was actually pullin for ya; just a small small bit......your boys just might get one this week when yall go over to eat some of those awesome farmraised Carp Sammiches

...see where u had to backtrak a bit on last nights play callin comments u made......u must have got phone call

Booger just sayin fishing.gif

Naw. I just shouldn't post in the excitement of the moment. After thoughtful reflection, this morning's comments are more accurate. 

You should know that I don't receive phone calls; I initiate them. ;)

Appreciate the kind words about my Eagles. I hope your ain't expecting me to reciprocate. smiley-violent095.gif