Grace Christian Knoxville

17SoccerFan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

going for some kind of record or just don't believe in sportsmanship when playing obviously weaker opponents???

Unfortunately our district is very weak this year and we have 12 teams in it.  We always play hard for the first half and then 2nd half is all underclassmen and inexperienced players and can only score on headers, crosses and after at least 5 passes. Yes, we do show sportsmanship but it's not our fault that we have to play all 11 of these district games.  Our non district schedule is much stronger....Oak Ridge (AAA), Knoxville Webb (D2 powerhouse) Alcoa,  Seymour (AAA), pre-season with Jefferson County (AAA).  FYI,  we only lost to Oak Ridge 3-2, very good game and we had our chances.  

So, until you watch us play and know how we play, please don't make accusations. 

Unfortunately our district is very weak this year and we have 12 teams in it. We always play hard for the first half and then 2nd half is all underclassmen and inexperienced players and can only score on headers, crosses and after at least 5 passes. Yes, we do show sportsmanship but it's not our fault that we have to play all 11 of these district games. Our non district schedule is much stronger....Oak Ridge (AAA), Knoxville Webb (D2 powerhouse) Alcoa, Seymour (AAA), pre-season with Jefferson County (AAA). FYI, we only lost to Oak Ridge 3-2, very good game and we had our chances.

So, until you watch us play and know how we play, please don't make accusations.

Sorry but that excuse just doesn't hold water. Plenty of teams play vastly inferior opponents in soccer and don't produce the results you guys do.

Unfortunately our district is very weak this year and we have 12 teams in it.  We always play hard for the first half and then 2nd half is all underclassmen and inexperienced players and can only score on headers, crosses and after at least 5 passes. Yes, we do show sportsmanship but it's not our fault that we have to play all 11 of these district games.  Our non district schedule is much stronger....Oak Ridge (AAA), Knoxville Webb (D2 powerhouse) Alcoa,  Seymour (AAA), pre-season with Jefferson County (AAA).  FYI,  we only lost to Oak Ridge 3-2, very good game and we had our chances.  

Well much to your surprise, I have seen you play...twice. In the first game you were up 8-0 late in the second half and still had your starters in (even your girl that is going to Arkansas). The second game I saw was very similar. The reputation that I heard from the spectators about your program at the first game was confirmed while watching the second.

Sorry but that excuse just doesn't hold water. Plenty of teams play vastly inferior opponents in soccer and don't produce the results you guys do.

Well, lets just tear down the scoreboard and play Upwards soccer.  We have 12 team in our district so therefore are limited on non district games.  Our non district schedule is much tougher.  Besides Rockwood, the district is very weak.  We set limits in the 2nd half on how we are able to score....after at least 5 passes,  crosses, headers and beyond the 18.  If the other team can't stop it with the underclassmen, so be it.  Get over it

Edited by Ram Fan

Well much to your surprise, I have seen you play...twice. In the first game you were up 8-0 late in the second half and still had your starters in (even your girl that is going to Arkansas). The second game I saw was very similar. The reputation that I heard from the spectators about your program at the first game was confirmed while watching the second.

I didn't realize we are playing Upwards soccer.  As I told another blogger,  we play hard the first half no matter the team. In every game thus far except Oak Ridge, all 20 of the girls have played and played a whole lot,,,,in the first half too.  The second half the starters play for about 5-10 minutes then the subs begin rolling in 1 or 2 at a time.  We have one 8th grader, six freshman, and seven sophomores which adds up to 14 underclassmen.  We have four juniors and two seniors....so what does that tell you?  We are very young.  Besides Rockwood, the district is very weak.  We set limits in the 2nd half on how we are able to score....after at least 5 passes,  crosses, headers and beyond the 18.  If the other team can't stop it with the underclassmen, so be it. In one of our games we just passed the ball around all over the field from GK to Mid, to wing, to mid, switch the field, to forward then back to mid, back outside, back to center back then back to GK., and all the other team does is chase.....so you tell me....is that fun on an opponent........NO IT ISN'T.  They did it once and even I felt that was very unsporty so therefore they then set limits on what to do before attempting a shot on goal.  We've had that done on us before as well in the past years and I felt it was unclassy as all we did is chased.  Yes, the one particular girl was in late for our first game at CC before she was brought out at the 65th minute just to keep a little stability as we had all my bench in the majority of the 2nd half but I don't guess you remember that she was taken out some the 1st half as well as some of the 2nd half.  I also guess you don't remember that we had 2 girls score that have never played soccer in their life.  Our bench and inexperienced players do not complain because they have been getting a TON of playing time EVERY GAME...except Oak Ridge. Matter a fact some even ask to come out for a break.  So......I don't really care what games you saw us play and how you think our reputation is......that's your right an opinion but lay off until you know all the facts.....or would you be happy if we just chop down the scoreboard and play Upwards.  This is only our 8th year of girls soccer at GCA and I personally have been a part of all 8 of them in one way or another, I can tell you and so can my daughter, that we've been on both sides of the spectrum.  We've been beaten like a drum in the past by as many as 15 goals and I'll tell you what it did for GCA soccer.....it pushed them to work harder, play harder, get stronger, get faster, and, one thing we never did.....and that is act like you going off whining and yelling and calling for bad reputation.  We took our whippings, we pushed ourselves, got back on our feet....and moved on. So, you get the hint.....maybe it's time for you to move.  Get over it.  Oh boy, I bet I just ruffled your feathers didn't I?  Have a good day

Edited by Ram Fan

I didn't realize we are playing Upwards soccer.  As I told another blogger,  we play hard the first half no matter the team. In every game thus far except Oak Ridge, all 20 of the girls have played and played a whole lot,,,,in the first half too.  The second half the starters play for about 5-10 minutes then the subs begin rolling in 1 or 2 at a time.  We have one 8th grader, six freshman, and seven sophomores which adds up to 14 underclassmen.  We have four juniors and two seniors....so what does that tell you?  We are very young.  Besides Rockwood, the district is very weak.  We set limits in the 2nd half on how we are able to score....after at least 5 passes,  crosses, headers and beyond the 18.  If the other team can't stop it with the underclassmen, so be it. In one of our games we just passed the ball around all over the field from GK to Mid, to wing, to mid, switch the field, to forward then back to mid, back outside, back to center back then back to GK., and all the other team does is chase.....so you tell me....is that fun on an opponent........NO IT ISN'T.  They did it once and even I felt that was very unsporty so therefore they then set limits on what to do before attempting a shot on goal.  We've had that done on us before as well in the past years and I felt it was unclassy as all we did is chased.  Yes, the one particular girl was in late for our first game at CC before she was brought out at the 65th minute just to keep a little stability as we had all my bench in the majority of the 2nd half but I don't guess you remember that she was taken out some the 1st half as well as some of the 2nd half.  I also guess you don't remember that we had 2 girls score that have never played soccer in their life.  Our bench and inexperienced players do not complain because they have been getting a TON of playing time EVERY GAME...except Oak Ridge. Matter a fact some even ask to come out for a break.  So......I don't really care what games you saw us play and how you think our reputation is......that's your right an opinion but lay off until you know all the facts.....or would you be happy if we just chop down the scoreboard and play Upwards.  This is only our 8th year of girls soccer at GCA and I personally have been a part of all 8 of them in one way or another, I can tell you and so can my daughter, that we've been on both sides of the spectrum.  We've been beaten like a drum in the past by as many as 15 goals and I'll tell you what it did for GCA soccer.....it pushed them to work harder, play harder, get stronger, get faster, and, one thing we never did.....and that is act like you going off whining and yelling and calling for bad reputation.  We took our whippings, we pushed ourselves, got back on our feet....and moved on. So, you get the hint.....maybe it's time for you to move.  Get over it.  Oh boy, I bet I just ruffled your feathers didn't I?  Have a good day

LOL.  Scott County, Oliver Springs, And STEM Academy are not in your district. Your non district schedule consists of Webb and Oak Ridge.  Why not play CAK, Catholic, Hardin Valley which are just short drives from your campus?? 

Nobody said we were playing Upward Soccer.  I simply am making an observation that many, well respected, experienced coaches find to be a bad trend in high school soccer today.

We need more of this. The message boards are boring without it.  :popcorneater:

Amen!  I was hoping the knives would come out before it got too late in the season!  :thumb:  I am proud of Ram Fan helping to build a program over time and congrats for letting the younger kids play!  Maybe the other teams should play a little harder D!  It can likewise be insulting to the weaker team by intentionally NOT scoring.  Looks like Playerscoach stirred it all up and looking back, maybe we should have let Playerscoach's team score some goals after our younger kiddos put up a double digit lead on them in the pre-season!! :roflol: Here's to a great rest of the season!! :flower:

Amen!  I was hoping the knives would come out before it got too late in the season!  :thumb:  I am proud of Ram Fan helping to build a program over time and congrats for letting the younger kids play!  Maybe the other teams should play a little harder D!  It can likewise be insulting to the weaker team by intentionally NOT scoring.  Looks like Playerscoach stirred it all up and looking back, maybe we should have let Playerscoach's team score some goals after our younger kiddos put up a double digit lead on them in the pre-season!! :roflol: Here's to a great rest of the season!! :flower:

Well said "Impactdad"