Grace Christian Knoxville

17SoccerFan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.  Scott County, Oliver Springs, And STEM Academy are not in your district. Your non district schedule consists of Webb and Oak Ridge.  Why not play CAK, Catholic, Hardin Valley which are just short drives from your campus?? 

Nobody said we were playing Upward Soccer.  I simply am making an observation that many, well respected, experienced coaches find to be a bad trend in high school soccer today.

Ok, here we go again.  You don't know all the facts.  Strap your ears on.  Our non district games are.....Oliver Springs, Scott County (never played before) Seymour (AAA), Oak Ridge (AAA), Webb (D2 powerhouse), Stem Academy/Home School, and Alcoa (currently 9-1).   Ok, why are we playing Oliver Springs and Stem?  Well, that's a good question 17soccerfan.  District opponent Tellico Plains coach called us 5 days before our game and said he is going to cancel our game due to not enough players,  after making several phone calls to many teams, Oliver Springs coach told us he had 1 game left to fill his schedule and that date was available.  So, that benefited both of us.  #2.  District opponent Pigeon Forge coach called us and said,  we've overbooked our schedule so we must cancel....and it was even a home game for them.  We understood his situation and agreed.  Both teams agreed that they receive a forfeit loss which basically only applies to district tournament seeding. We thought that was just a varsity game that we would have to lose but we received a call one week before that scheduled game from the newly Advantage Home School/Stem Academy manager and asked if we had availability.....we told them yes and the date available, and so that game was scheduled. We know nothing about them other than the fact the Stem Academy, which does not offer soccer, has a a lot of club players that attend there. 

Now....about your other question.  We've played CAK the last 3 years and this year we decided to skip.  We will not play Catholic unless we have to...in which we've played them the last 3 years in region play.  If you want a reason why you can private message me.  As I've stated in previous replies,  we can only play 16 games, and 11 of them are district originally so that limits us in non district.  We can't even play a tournament because that counts as 2 games.  We are limited.  Ok, you ready,  we called coach Radcliff at Bearden back in January, could not get a game scheduled or scrimmage due to either full schedule or conflicting dates.  We called coach Bradford at Hardin Valley.....ditto, same results. We called South of here as far as Chattanooga Christian School, Silverdale, Boyd Buchanan,  Bradley Central, Walker Valley, McMinn County High.  None of those panned out.  Some of those calls were either for scrimmages and/or regular season games. Who we did get for pre-season was,  Stone Memorial (AAA), Jefferson County (AAA), and the Rhea County Play Day which was a good Play Day.  So, since we could not pick up any of those, we had 2 slots left and we picked up Scott and Alcoa.  Alcoa will be a good game.  I will have to say that I agree with you some as it is a bad trend but, should our girls be penalized for having to play in a weak district?  Even after we put limits on how we can score in the 2nd half after only on headers, crosses, corners, after 5 passes and beyond the 18.....are we still in the wrong? I personally don't think so and I believe the majority will agree with me.  Passing the ball all over the field while the other team plays chase is not very sporty in my opinion so therefore we refuse to do that anymore......I know when that would happen to us in the past it really bothered us and our team.  

So, we can agree to disagree but I promise you that we have facts and valid reasons as to how we play and who we play. Tonight we travel to Rockwood for the battle of the district lead, it will/should be a test for both teams. 

Next year we will be division 2 so that should make many people happy to see GCA, and CAK move over.  Not sure what Catholic is doing yet.  I hope this resolves all and answers all your questions.  God Bless!

Valid points I guess. We will just have to disagree on how coaches should handle games against obviously weaker opponents. My old coach used to put restrictions on us from the beginning of the game to slow the scoring down and then would play the back ups the whole second half. If you are up 3-0 with restrictions at half, and then remove the restrictions in the second half for your JV, you probably still add 3-4 goals. The weaker team is usually no threat to score on you much less beat you so you don't have to worry. You could always put your Varsity back in if the other team started scoring.

Good luck with scheduling next year. I wonder how many A/AA public teams will play you when they aren't required to...

Amen! I was hoping the knives would come out before it got too late in the season! :thumb: I am proud of Ram Fan helping to build a program over time and congrats for letting the younger kids play! Maybe the other teams should play a little harder D! It can likewise be insulting to the weaker team by intentionally NOT scoring. Looks like Playerscoach stirred it all up and looking back, maybe we should have let Playerscoach's team score some goals after our younger kiddos put up a double digit lead on them in the pre-season!! :roflol: Here's to a great rest of the season!! :flower:

Haha you couldnt wait could you Rolfe??

Too funny. I know your game kiddo so go bait someone else. I'm not falling for it. LolðŸ‘

Valid points I guess. We will just have to disagree on how coaches should handle games against obviously weaker opponents. My old coach used to put restrictions on us from the beginning of the game to slow the scoring down and then would play the back ups the whole second half. If you are up 3-0 with restrictions at half, and then remove the restrictions in the second half for your JV, you probably still add 3-4 goals. The weaker team is usually no threat to score on you much less beat you so you don't have to worry. You could always put your Varsity back in if the other team started scoring.

Good luck with scheduling next year. I wonder how many A/AA public teams will play you when they aren't required to...

Thanks and I hope scheduling isn't a nightmare next year,depends on how many district teams we have....I would say we won't have 12 like district 3-A/AA is now.  I believe Rockwood will probably be the only team currently in our district that would stay play us starting next year.  We will still like to keep the class AAA teams like Oak Ridge, Seymour, Jeff Co and Stone on the schedule.....Maybe a Hardin Valley or a Bearden.....but not both in the same season,  they are way above our league as our schedule next year will be tough enough with more travel.  

Haha you couldnt wait could you Rolfe??

Too funny. I know your game kiddo so go bait someone else. I'm not falling for it. Lol

B) Well played!  Just trying to have a little fun on this informative board!!  This is my last year with a kiddo playing at this level and it sure has been a pleasure watching through the years!!  I love how a lot of the topics keep coming back through the revolving door and its interesting hearing all sides.  I wish your team and all teams represented herein the best of luck this year! 

B) Well played! Just trying to have a little fun on this informative board!! This is my last year with a kiddo playing at this level and it sure has been a pleasure watching through the years!! I love how a lot of the topics keep coming back through the revolving door and its interesting hearing all sides. I wish your team and all teams represented herein the best of luck this year!

Lol

Usually you out smart me but I didn't fall for it. Lol

Good luck to you too. You guys are having another great season. I hope you win it!