Best young talent

abouttogetmessi

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know first hand the talent both White House schools have roaming around the pitch. White House's sophomore class is absolute loaded and WH-Heritage starts 6 8th graders/Freshman. Bodes well for White House teams in the future.

Also, I got the chance to see Centennial's Freshman goalkeeper and was awestruck at her talent. Holy cow! This kid is a Freshman and ready to step on a college pitch. Unreal talent!

Finally figured out whi that keeper was. She was actually the #2 keeper on her club team last year with the freshman keeper at Brentwood. Super athletic, fearless and talented player. She played with my daughters team in Vegas a few years ago and was very good.

The Freshman keeper at Brentwood is a superstar.

Another great keeper is the sophomore keeper at USN. She is comparable to Brentwoods keeper IMO. Both are high level Div 1 college players from what Ive been told.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally figured out whi that keeper was. She was actually the #2 keeper on her club team last year with the freshman keeper at Brentwood. Super athletic, fearless and talented player. She played with my daughters team in Vegas a few years ago and was very good.

The Freshman keeper at Brentwood is a superstar.

Another great keeper is the sophomore keeper at USN. She is comparable to Brentwoods keeper IMO. Both are high level Div 1 college players from what Ive been told.

Was at practice tonight and it made me think of this thread. In review, the Fr Gk at CPA is now getting recognized by folks after her season and post season results. Shes a terrific athlete that has that switch that flips to the absolute fearless level. Im sure coach G has seen the rediculous plays she can make look routine.

Her club teammate played ECNL a few years and is just a bigger version of her. She played for Brentwood this season. Watching these two play and train together is a ton of fun.

Congrats on KW's season at CPA and I look forward to seeing her next year in HS.

• 3 weeks later...

Schools with good Fr and Soph classes that I am aware of here in mid TN:

Ravenwood - multiple Div 1 prospects

Franklin - same as Ravenwood but have the only remaining National Team pool player in TN (Pascal may no longer be in the pool) in Harper White.

WH- a big number of pretty good HS players that have played together through youth programs and Div 2 club.

DCA- same as WH with 7 of 11 starters being 9/10th. Just have to get 4 starters back fr preseason injury to see what they can do?

CPA- Best freshman GK around IMO and talented 10th grade class

CCHS- Top Div 1 player and athletes around her in Douglas.

Father Ryan- mulitple very talented 9/10 graders

Ensworth- very talented 10th midfielder to help control the pace of the game and others around her.

Locally Franklin, Ensworth and Station Camp had sophomore all state players.

Locally Franklin, Ensworth and Station Camp had sophomore all state players.

Station Camp has an exceptional sophomore class. Ensworth finished State Runner-up and had a young team. I have never seen the year that Franklin didn't have extremely talented young players. However, the fact that these players made the coaches all-state team only proves one thing- that their coaches were members of NSCAA. We really need to find a better way to select all-state. I fear that the creditability of the honor will soon become too diluted and too biased to be of any relevance.

Station Camp has an exceptional sophomore class. Ensworth finished State Runner-up and had a young team. I have never seen the year that Franklin didn't have extremely talented young players. However, the fact that these players made the coaches all-state team only proves one thing- that their coaches were members of NSCAA. We really need to find a better way to select all-state. I fear that the creditability of the honor will soon become too diluted and too biased to be of any relevance.

Well the girl from Franklin is the highest ranked player in the state (top drawer) other than Paschal and has been to 7 national team camps. The girl from Ensworth would start in the midfield for any team in the state and is outstanding as well. She is from Dallas and is a good Div 1 prospect. You are way off base on those two kids.

Not really sure how coaches voting is worse than media types?

Edited by Playerscoach