CPA vs Pearl-Cohn

FBfan26

Completely agree but a couple years ago when CPA was killing everyone many on here were saying it was all coaching but now that he is losing it is due to youth. Like I said way back then in high school football you will find good and bad coaches but you will not find a coach that just simply wins consistently at a high level without having the athletes to do so.

I agree.

My guess is the many saying that were not really close to the program...

We have had some exceptional players over the past 5 years and when you combine that with a very good coaching staff plus a very good strength and conditioning program, you get very good results.

I think we'll still be ok in our classification this year.  We have only played one 3A team thus far and looked good in that game.  I would not expect a deep run in the playoffs.  

My heart hopes differently, of course...

Edited by bcd

snapback.png

Wow, 3 blow-out losses in first 4 games for CPA.  Watch your back Ingle, fans and administrators can suffer from short term memory...

I'd wager there is not a single football parent that thinks less of Coach Martin today than we did before the season started. Everyone knew this year would be a struggle given our schedule and overall youth. It's a lot of fun to win and be talked about as one of the best teams in the state, but that's really not the end goal. And, it's unreasonable to think you can play at that level every year (unless you're Alcoa et al.).

My kid is still learning the same lessons to prepare him to be an adult this year just like he was last year. Don't get me wrong, losses suck, but life sucks at times also :)

Coach Brooks,

With all due respect, while I have agreed with you many times over the past few years, there seem to be some big changes going on at the CPA campus in regards to sports, and their importance, under this newer administration.  For the better in my opinion.  While, I don't believe football ever really recruited, they no longer appear to be bringing in BB players either.  

They are also doing a really good job at teaching the kids about things that really matter in life, in regards to their mission, and none of those lessons have anything to do with a ball. Or winning a game.  Here's the latest:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/health/students-teacher-cancer-sing-trnd/

• Upvote 1

snapback.png

Coach Brooks,

With all due respect, while I have agreed with you many times over the past few years, there seem to be some big changes going on at the CPA campus in regards to sports, and their importance, under this newer administration.  For the better in my opinion.  While, I don't believe football ever really recruited, they no longer appear to be bringing in BB players either.  

They are also doing a really good job at teaching the kids about things that really matter in life, in regards to their mission, and none of those lessons have anything to do with a ball. Or winning a game.  Here's the latest:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/health/students-teacher-cancer-sing-trnd/

Over 22 million views, on Good Morning America, CNN, ABC Nightly.  

Sad but this is just another advantage the private schools have over publics.

This would never happen at a public school.

Prayers for Mr. Ellis, his family and the entire CPA community.

Coach Brooks,

They are also doing a really good job at teaching the kids about things that really matter in life, in regards to their mission, and none of those lessons have anything to do with a ball. Or winning a game...

1.  Agree - great story and continued prayers for Mr. Ellis and his family

2.  Agree - football never the problem, no credible information has ever surfaced that would indicate otherwise.

3.  Hope you are right

In reality, one area has to be evaluated separately from the other.  CPA has always been able to point to unique areas and stories of ministry with Mr. Ellis being one of the latest, an incredible one to say the least.  But this has always happened regardless of certain actions of fans and administrators related to sports.  And of course these types of inappropriate actions and decisions happens at other places too.  

Related to CPA, it was boys basketball beginning in 2009 and for the next few years that created a problem for every other sport and the entire school.  Damage that most likely will last for years to come.  Biblically, it is more than merely stopping what should not be done and start doing what should be done.  It also includes steps of confession (admitting) and repentance (making it right when applicable). 

Like it or not, this would include dealing with those who were willing to speak truth based on what was known (not speculated) and what was provided by credible sources.  The response was to personally attack and trash people willing to speak out.  How many voices attempted to "explain" what happened by saying it was simply related to kids wanting to play for successful programs and coaches, even if having to sit on the bench? (Yea, right.) The "theory" - it was Maddux and his success/success of the program attracting multiple transfers.  If true, there would be as many or even more transfers now than ever before.  As I pointed out at the time that was faulty reasoning.  Where are those voices now that according to you is not happening?

If you are right, it is better than nothing, but does not complete the cycle based on what even the school would base its philosophy.  Soli Deo Gloria...

1.  Agree - great story and continued prayers for Mr. Ellis and his family

2.  Agree - football never the problem, no credible information has ever surfaced that would indicate otherwise.

3.  Hope you are right

In reality, one area has to be evaluated separately from the other.  CPA has always been able to point to unique areas and stories of ministry with Mr. Ellis being one of the latest, an incredible one to say the least.  But this has always happened regardless of certain actions of fans and administrators related to sports.  And of course these types of inappropriate actions and decisions happens at other places too.  

Related to CPA, it was boys basketball beginning in 2009 and for the next few years that created a problem for every other sport and the entire school.  Damage that most likely will last for years to come.  Biblically, it is more than merely stopping what should not be done and start doing what should be done.  It also includes steps of confession (admitting) and repentance (making it right when applicable). 

Like it or not, this would include dealing with those who were willing to speak truth based on what was known (not speculated) and what was provided by credible sources.  The response was to personally attack and trash people willing to speak out.  How many voices attempted to "explain" what happened by saying it was simply related to kids wanting to play for successful programs and coaches, even if having to sit on the bench? (Yea, right.) The "theory" - it was Maddux and his success/success of the program attracting multiple transfers.  If true, there would be as many or even more transfers now than ever before.  As I pointed out at the time that was faulty reasoning.  Where are those voices now that according to you is not happening?

If you are right, it is better than nothing, but does not complete the cycle based on what even the school would base its philosophy.  Soli Deo Gloria...

I was going to take the high road, but the fact you mocked "Soli Deo Gloria" as a former Bible teacher at CPA speaks volumes...

It's been almost 10 years now, right? Good grief, get over it dude. What a crap ton of sour grapes you drag around.

What respectable coach would continually post this crap on a message board? For ten years?? And, this is the freaking football forum!!!

I read this board to see the crazy / funny Alcoa goon squad banter, the wise antidotes from the sage of Milan, the intelligent musings of the long time Knox Catholic posters, the sometimes incoherent ramblings of a man called Booger, the Pearl-Cohn supporters, the newly fired up Goodpasture fan packing cool videos, even the new crazy chest thumping Catholic posters that have sprung forth this year, the guys with county at the end of their school names, and almost everyone else...

But not you... You could have been screwed, I don't know, but you have screwed yourself out of any type of sympathy. I think I speak for 99% of the FOOTBALL fans here when I say, get a life, get a clue, but most importantly of all, please get the heck out of the football forum.

Honestly, I wish you'd just find peace, obviously this weighs heavily on your mind. This is not the way to achieve such. You are not going to extract your pound of flesh you feel you are owed. Just let it go, at least in the football forum...

I hope you feel better now. Though I do not post much in the football forum I respectfully decline your suggestion.

Coach.... I have been on these boards for many years and have read many of your posts. I have never responded to you personally. Just kinda always sat back in the shadows and read without saying anything.

From a completely unbiased viewpoint.... you seem very bitter and probably with good reason. I being an educator myself have been thru a situation where I was done wrong by administration and became very bitter. However I have not said anything about it on these boards. I won't accomplish anything. No one on these boards contributed to what happened in my situation.

I have always thought you to be very knowledgeable, obviously cause you are a former basketball coach, and I have enjoyed the insight into most of your posts. That is what people get on coach t to read. Not the bitter ramblings oabout what happened back in the day. I just urge you kindly to consider more of the knowledgeable posts and less negative CPA jabs.

• Upvote 2