Trezevant at Ensworth

kwc

Well, looks like the assumptions that a historically great Div 2AA team would soundly beat a great 2A program were correct.

The hypocrisy of you Memphis guys commenting about assumptions is funny.

You have had a great program all the way back to the X Man (as far as my memory goes) and can beat programs like E when they are way down. However, as seen last night the odds of doing that with regularity are slim to none.

Good for you guys to schedule the game and good luck this year and beyond. I will be rooting for you.

I have to say you are correct but you know how it is when you have beaten a team once you think you can do it again. I think Ensworth tried to teach a lesson. I think Trez. realized as much midway the second quarter.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The polls shouldn't drop Trezevant that far, considering that the rest of the teams in 2A didn't play a D2 school this week! The way Trezevant opened that game last night silenced the Ensworth crowd QUICK! CR is the real deal... And the rest of the district knows what's coming.

As do the pollsters! Rankings(opinions) don't win gold balls, the kids playing week in and week out do. Good luck the rest of the season!

Yeah we showed a little fire early but that onside kick and quick score right after turned the game so we didnt see much of Richardson in the 2nd half because of the score.

Marion county lost last night. They were ranked #1. I seriously doubt you will drop much if at all.

You won't see an Ensworth the rest of the year. I like your chances at another gold ball.

We will probably take another loss next week at Desoto Central a Ms 6A school. I believe they will fall to about 4 or 5 after next week but too me they are still the best 2A school.

Can't wait to see how far the AP voters drop Trezevant this week in the poll. I just know we still are the best in 2A. But we will se how the pollsters see it.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

The polls won't mean anything in the playoffs.

Trez is the team to beat in 2A. The rest of us are fighting for a chance to play you

None of you know that Ensworth has been missing their feature RB since the 2nd play of their first scrimmage, along with a few other key injuries to some kids that should be starting. Ensworth, like last season is being led by the Class of 2018(Juniors.) Last year, Trezevant stayed in that game because Ensworth played 8 Sophomores - most both ways.

Much respect to Trezevant for playing anyone, anywhere! Most Div.1 powerhouse schools won't even fathom the thought of scheduling a D-2 school regular season i.e. Maryville...they'd rather pad their stats and coaches' egoes beating up on Podunk County High School! Props to Trezevant and their coaches!

This year's Ensworth team is still quite young and is going through some growing pains. And they have played 3 powerhouse schools in their first 3 games. They're quite battle tested. It's going to be another great game between these teams!

Anyone wanting to stream it, can catch it at:

www.ensworthlive.com

might be one of the most accurate quotes I've ever saw on the T

At Ensworth

ENSWORTH 54, TREZEVANT 14

Trezevant 14 0 0 0—14

Ensworth 14 21 16 3—54

Trez — Sammie Swing 1 run (Cordarrian Richardson run)

E — Jaylon King 30 run (Lucas Rodriguez kick)

Trez — Marterio Richardson 77 kickoff return (run failed)

E — Tim Covington 24 run (Lucas Rodriguez kick)

E — Rodney Owens 47 pass from Jaylon King (Lucas Rodriguez kick)

E — Nicky Clifton 93 run (Lucas Rodriguez kick)

E — Jaylon King 9 run (Lucas Rodriguez kick)

E — Jaylan Theus 15 pass from Jaylon King (Lucas Rodriguez kick)

E — Tim Covington 43 pass from John Hill Wheliss (Fred Jackson kick)

E — safety

E — Lucas Rodriguez 27 FG

Trez             E

First downs                                      9                    22

Net yards rushing                          119                 248

Net yards passing                           51                 219

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — Trezevant, Cordarrian Richardson 16-84. Ensworth, Nicky Clifton 9-99, Jaylon King 6-82, Tim Covington 6-63.

PASSING — Trezevant, Sammie Swing 2-3-48-0, Tywon Johnson 1-3-3-0, Cordarrian Richardson 0-1-0-0. Ensworth, Jaylon King 7-10-141-0, John Hill Wheliss 2-4-78-0.

RECEIVING — Trezevant, Johnathan Gatewood 3-51. Ensworth, Rodney Owens 3-86.

RECORDS — Trezevant 2-2, Ensworth 2-2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Stats per the Commercial Appeal.

Edited by kwc