Class A - Region 2

VFL44

Bearden, Farragut, Independence, Oakland, Catholic, CAK, and Webb. Cherry picking? That's a tough out of conference schedule.

Add Louisville Doss up there in KY and 4 6A Texas teams in the Moritz classic in Ft Worth at Christmas. 20-7 is pretty good. Arnold was sick with fever 2 games and Gettlefinger missed 5 with fractured leg.

We are healthy and ready. Yea I know basket ball has 3 divisions but there are still 6 classifications

I can't imagine CF finishing lower than 3rd much less not making region. To be honest, they have a pretty good shot at 1st. We'll see how it plays out....but to lose a play-in game given the struggles of the bottom of the district seems near impossible; short of a mass illness on the team.

I'm sorry, I posted incorrectly. I think CF will finish 2nd, as well as Harriman. I don't know that they'll both come out of the 1st rd. in the Region though.

Add Louisville Doss up there in KY and 4 6A Texas teams in the Moritz classic in Ft Worth at Christmas. 20-7 is pretty good. Arnold was sick with fever 2 games and Gettlefinger missed 5 with fractured leg.

We are healthy and ready. Yea I know basket ball has 3 divisions but there are still 6 classifications

You guys have every right to do a little bragging on your season. Classy coach and classy kids from you guys! Arnold and Gettlefinger are players that come few and far between! I hope with everything in me that we can be talking about a Region Championship showdown between the two of us! It would truly be a great thing to cap the ending of this district with sending 2 of our own to state! It's very possible and I'm pulling for the both of us!

oldschool thinks everybody recruits except wartburg. It's like that whole world out to get me and nothing is my fault deal you see all the time now.

No not everyone just the ones that do Is every kid that go's to coalfield from other schools recruited No but must are just ask the parents of some of wartburg 8th graders who contacted them about bringing their kid to coalfield I had a sales person from Clinton tell me They was a baseball coach Talk to him about his kid

All the recruiting talk with the private schools will be out the window next year when they are all playing each other. GCA will be where they have belonged for years. As far as Coalfield goes we all know Ted M. is running everything down there with recruiting. We all know what he did with the Oakdale football player over the summer, its not a secret anymore. He does it on the little league stage as well. What goes around comes around.

With Oakdale beating Harriman I would say if OD, Harriman Coalfield, WB all play their best game they could compete with GCA. Not saying they could win, I'm just saying they could compete.

All the recruiting talk with the private schools will be out the window next year when they are all playing each other. GCA will be where they have belonged for years. As far as Coalfield goes we all know Ted M. is running everything down there with recruiting. We all know what he did with the Oakdale football player over the summer, its not a secret anymore. He does it on the little league stage as well. What goes around comes around.

With Oakdale beating Harriman I would say if OD, Harriman Coalfield, WB all play their best game they could compete with GCA. Not saying they could win, I'm just saying they could compete.

Harriman has competed with Grace twice this year? And those were both games where I felt like we were the better team just didn't pull it out. Oakdale beat us, yeah, but after watching these kids play night in and night out, Harriman can be scary good. Maybe taking that loss lights a fire in these guys and they know they can't fall asleep because it's win or go home now basically. This is one of our best teams in a while, and I expect to see a fire get lit and show us how good they can be. I don't see anymore slip ups in the near future.

With all this talk about Oakdale being the beast team from 4a  what happens if Wartburg gets the W tonight that means they are three and one against the other two  I guess they are still below Oakdale  and coalfield  from what I have watched out of  Wartburg Oakdale and Coalfield is what every team can get their role players to step up that night will win .Wartburg has Carrol and fountain Oakdale has Smith and Hicks  Coalfield McKinney after theses players it's what every team gets the most from the other kids   lets get the tournament's started  

So I am so hype right now. I love when we play at Meigs County. What a game tonight. GCA took the first half kind of slow and paced it. There was a scrappy moment and it ended with Connor Arnold getting the first technical of his career. He had 5 at halftime. Ledford carried GCA in the 2nd offemsively

Then it happened Arnold came out and shot 8-10 in the 3rd quarter including 6-7 from 3 with 6 in a row. Lol now I am going to brag on my boy for that. He just lit them up. 22 points by the end of 3rd. GCA players all contributed and they just had great faith in Slim and kept feeding him then All the guys had a great 4th Q it was an awesome 2nd half. GCA going away winner 77-64

14-0 District 21-7 overall - keep it Rolling Rams

Edited by 12thmanGCA