14A

HoopsTN1

14a sweeps so semi-final & regional championship will be at Humboldt!!

This has set up well for Humboldt. They are tough anywhere, but I don't see them surrendering a game at home to anyone. I see a Humboldt/UC rematch again. I wouldn't discount Peabody, but I don't think they have the depth to go up and down with Humboldt all night. This isn't the first time the 14A boys have swept 13A....crazy year. I was expecting 13A to win one though. 

Humboldt will have to play hard! It's tough to beat a team multiple times in the same season.

I agree, but with this potential rematch being at home..Humboldt's a much better team in that old gym with those loose rims. That place is one of the best places to watch a high school boy's basketball game. The gym is loud without the fans, but when it's packed..it's nuts in there. I've been at games where I've actually felt nervous with all of the hollering. Great atmosphere in their house. 

Ok Humboldt High School and region 7 A, if you have any "BALLS", you will move this 3 game tournament bac to either UTM or Union University in Jackson.  If your not to scared to play off of your home court and willing to take the chance, give everyone a chance to see the game.  DON"T be selfish !  Move the game to a spot that will hold the crowds.  Surely your not going to let little old Greenfield out smart your to accomodate everyone.  I know for a fact that all three schools and coaches ( Halls, Trenton and Union City ) are already going to plead their case to move.  If you don;t, just shows you want some home cookin' and have it your way.  Hope someone at Humboldt and Region 7A is that smart to realize, do the fans a favor.  If they don't, it won;t suprise me one bit.  Now, you other folks on here can agree or disagree with me.  It would be no different than playing at U C, Halls or Trenton.  They would move the game(s).  Just give the fans a chance. 

Edited by ucdiditagain

Ok Humboldt High School and region 7 A, if you have any "BALLS", you will move this 3 game tournament bac to either UTM or Union University in Jackson. If your not to scared to play off of your home court and willing to take the chance, give everyone a chance to see the game. DON"T be selfish ! Move the game to a spot that will hold the crowds. Surely your not going to let little old Greenfield out smart your to accomodate everyone. I know for a fact that all three schools and coaches ( Halls, Trenton and Union City ) are already going to plead their case to move. If you don;t, just shows you want some home cookin' and have it your way. Hope someone at Humboldt and Region 7A is that smart to realize, do the fans a favor. If they don't, it won;t suprise me one bit. Now, you other folks on here can agree or disagree with me. It would be no different than playing at U C, Halls or Trenton. They would move the game(s). Just give the fans a chance.

Well, we earned the right by winning the District so I think Humboldt will play at home & home cooking not going to respond!! They can plead all they want, the Viking/Humboldt fans deserve to be at home so can't change rules now, you were excited when Greenfield had the choice to move it to UTM! Humboldt will keep it in Humboldt so welcome & see you Monday!!

Well, we earned the right by winning the District so I think Humboldt will play at home & home cooking not going to respond!! They can plead all they want, the Viking/Humboldt fans deserve to be at home so can't change rules now if you're going to win it will be in Humboldt so get there early!!!!

The quote I was figuring I would see...very typical.  Well, to your blessings, I really hope Trenton takes your team to the wood shed my friend.  They can do it.  They are playing good basketball.  The pressure is now for sure on Humboldt.  So, I do know and you will here more in the next 24 hours, many are getting involved in wanting games moved.  Like I said, Maybe you will loose the second game Monday night and the crowd problem won;t be as bad for the other three schools of who would play in the championship.  If you were a fan at all, you would understand, this is a region thing, not a "Humboldt regular season game"  This involves three other schools so it's not a done deal for your hosting yet.  I just happen to know a little behind the scenes of what is going on and I will leave it at that.  I will not comment any more on  this matter, you can;t argue with a person who has no common sense.

No offence ucdiditagain.... but I remember a few years ago the tournament was at Union City and had people standing up all over the place. Union City had no business hosting it then, if Humboldt has no business hosting it now... from a completely unbiased and don't give a rip where it's hosted person, I don't blame Humboldt a bit for hosting it at their place. They've earned the right the host it at their place and it would only be smart on their end to keep it at their place. Calling out Humboldt like you did is pretty ignorant on your end... just being real...

Why is this a big deal just because it's Humboldt? Thats the rule for the entire state, it's not just for this region. I'm confused! Was it not in south fulton or some other smaller gym a couple of years ago?

It was.  But WHY are some of you not understanding this.  Two games, U C @ Humboldt and Humboldt @ U C, both times the gyms were closed, people were locked out.  Greenfield ONLY Moved the boys district because of this.  They WERE and ARE SMART.  Money, sir, it would be 5000 people if U C and Humboldt made finals.  There were right at 3750 at the U C vs. Humboldt district championship.  I'm 100% sure, Humboldt gym will only seat around 1500-1700 people.  So, the money is doubled or even tripled at the gate and concessions would be unreal.  But, like I said, Humboldt must be scared to move wanting that home cookin' call.  Bash me, say what you want but this is the most logical and most common sense move for your school, the other three schools, our region and for the TSSAA.  But like I said, if you have no common sense, you wouldn't underatand .  

The quote I was figuring I would see...very typical. Well, to your blessings, I really hope Trenton takes your team to the wood shed my friend. They can do it. They are playing good basketball. The pressure is now for sure on Humboldt. So, I do know and you will here more in the next 24 hours, many are getting involved in wanting games moved. Like I said, Maybe you will loose the second game Monday night and the crowd problem won;t be as bad for the other three schools of who would play in the championship. If you were a fan at all, you would understand, this is a region thing, not a "Humboldt regular season game" This involves three other schools so it's not a done deal for your hosting yet. I just happen to know a little behind the scenes of what is going on and I will leave it at that. I will not comment any more on this matter, you can;t argue with a person who has no common sense.

Lol, you just worry about UC against Halls & all the negative comments is uncalled for if you Dont want come to Humboldt you can listen to game on the radio! South Fulton, Dresden & other schools with smaller gyms then Humboldt has hosted the regional but you wasn't complaining about moving then! the rules state, " if one district sweeps another one then the rest of the regional games will be played at the District champion gym"!! & I am a fan, a fan of Humboldt & since the district tournament is never voted to be played in Humboldt, it's our time to host!!!!!!! Safe travel to Humboldt Monday & Good luck to UC!