Possible New Regions?

kingofthenorth

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we are debating semantics. I never said you weren't in the room, but I didn't think you were a GCA parent or fan. 🙂

Regardless, it is going to be tough playing Webb and CAK in conference every year now.

Yes it will.I think CAk will be in 2A.but Webb has the best RB in the East and he is an eighth grader this year!Region will be tough for sure!I hope we can get a home and away since it don't count for region play.I miss the rivalry,and I thought I would never say that.No team ever made my blood boil more than GCA! Edited by orngnblk

Yes it will.I think CAk will be in 2A.but Webb has the best RB in the East and he is an eighth grader this year!Region will be tough for sure!I hope we can get a home and away since it don't count for region play.I miss the rivalry,and I thought I would never say that.No team ever made my blood boil more than GCA!

Agree. Hope they can keep some good rivalries with existing public schools. I guess everybody is going to be in a scramble for a year or so to get schedules figured out. At least there won't be any more playoff trips up to the frozen tundra of Hampton. Those people scare me! 😂

Agree. Hope they can keep some good rivalries with existing public schools. I guess everybody is going to be in a scramble for a year or so to get schedules figured out. At least there won't be any more playoff trips up to the frozen tundra of Hampton. Those people scare me! 😂

Them ain't people!

Go ahead and write this year off Knox, we are still alive and could still have a game vs Hampton. Hope you can come out and support the Rams tomorrow night.

I'll be keeping up with it, but it is Kids Night Out at church, so the wife has plans for my evening. We'll be there next week for homecoming. I think GCA wins tomorrow and sets up the showdown for all the marbles with Austin East on the 28th.

If the cutoffs posted by "The Ambassador" are correct (which are likely very close), I'll take a stab at the 1A regions

Region 1

Cloudland

Unaka

Hancock Co

Jellico

Region 2

Coalfield

Oliver Springs

Sunbright

Midway

Greenback

Oakdale

*Harriman (could be 1A or 2A

Region 3

South Pittsburg

Lookout Valley

Whitell

Sale Creek

Copper Basin

Region 4

Jo Byrns

Republic

Gordonsville

RBS

Clay Co

Pickett Co

Monterey

Region 5

Cornersville

Fayetteville

Moore Co

Mt. Pleasant

Huntland

Grace Chr Franklin

Region 6

Huntingdon

Wayne Co

Bruceton

Perry Co

Collinwood

McEwen

Region 7

Lake Co

Gleason

Greenfield

West Carroll

Humboldt

South Fulton

Dresden

Region 8

Middleon

KIPP

Freedom

Middle College

Hillcrest

Westwood

BTW

Oakhaven

I think the issues in drawing lines lie in East TN

Monterey could go to Region 2 or Region 4

At least 1 if not 2 teams I listed in Region 2 need to go to Region 1, but the question is who?

I would move 2 of them to Region 1 (maybe Coalfield, Oliver Springs) and put Monterey in Region 2.  Those of you in the know on travel and past groupings in East TN help me out.