Official Declarations for Division 2

KennyPowers55

Like a stated earlier no matter if a school is public or private. In county or out of county. No one can accept any student if the school is at capacity. That's a fire code issue. Now if trader stated not accept because they weren't a good athlete, etc. That would be a different story

that's right. And I agree with everything Trader says. Just don't say out of county kids. It should be they don't accept any kids in county or out of county because of capacity. That is were people can read in to that and dean it to be selective. I know Scott's Hill does not do that. Just like I support a private that follows the rules but we have to watch how we word things because people will turn into something it is not. And again I say this saying we belong in D2. And if we go I hope we keep teams like Scotts Hill because they are a quality program. Players, parents, coaches, administration and community are top notch

that's right. And I agree with everything Trader says. Just don't say out of county kids. It should be they don't accept any kids in county or out of county because of capacity. That is were people can read in to that and dean it to be selective. I know Scott's Hill does not do that. Just like I support a private that follows the rules but we have to watch how we word things because people will turn into something it is not. And again I say this saying we belong in D2. And if we go I hope we keep teams like Scotts Hill because they are a quality program. Players, parents, coaches, administration and community are top notch

Looks like I've got to "clean this up"...lol!!! Scotts Hill has had around 540 students in the past, creating problems such as teachers "floating" (no classroom...teaches in someone else's from a cart), student/teacher ratio's ect...not building capacity (but close). 500 students is our target number, and in-county kids have first priority at registration time. Typically we register around 485 to 495 students, and that's close enough to not allow any out of county kids to register, because we pick up more students than transfer out during the year. For the "not accept because he's not a good athlete" quote...we have been fortunate to never have to "cut off" in county students who register...not even sure how that would be addressed should it happen.

Looks like I've got to "clean this up"...lol!!! Scotts Hill has had around 540 students in the past, creating problems such as teachers "floating" (no classroom...teaches in someone else's from a cart), student/teacher ratio's ect...not building capacity (but close). 500 students is our target number, and in-county kids have first priority at registration time. Typically we register around 485 to 495 students, and that's close enough to not allow any out of county kids to register, because we pick up more students than transfer out during the year. For the "not accept because he's not a good athlete" quote...we have been fortunate to never have to "cut off" in county students who register...not even sure how that would be addressed should it happen.

I know brother. Not busting your chops. You know we get grouped with all the privates even the ones that don't play by the rules. So we always get I fine tooth comb on everything we say. I will say it again. I am in Scotts Hill all of the time. Great community great people. Stand up honest folks and you have my utmost respect. Just trying to have a little fun.

I was told today Catholic and Grace from Knoxville are staying public.

Catholic has always maintained that the way they award financial aide does not violate T$$AA by-laws; and in the past, they have threatened a lawsuit if T$$AA ever tried to crack down on them. That Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) is skeerd of the Pope, and the T$$AA didn't want another expensive legal battle.

T$$AA thought the new rules would force the catlick's hand, but I'm hearing the same thing that they will try to stay DI. If they do and T$$AA doesn't do anything, that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) ain't got a hair on his back side.

tumblr_m8q0gfoZXC1rdid2ao1_400.gif

Catholic has always maintained that the way they award financial aide does not violate T$$AA by-laws; and in the past, they have threatened a lawsuit if T$$AA ever tried to crack down on them. That Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) is skeerd of the Pope, and the T$$AA didn't want another expensive legal battle.

T$$AA thought the new rules would force the catlick's hand, but I'm hearing the same thing that they will try to stay DI. If they do and T$$AA doesn't do anything, that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) ain't got a hair on his back side.

tumblr_m8q0gfoZXC1rdid2ao1_400.gif

I know Catholic's Website needs to change under the new rules next year. Can't show were a Catholic students get a almost a $2000 discount on tuition or the asterisk in the bottom of the page that reads " this amount may be reduced by the standard parish assessment and/or supplemental tuition support".

I know Catholic's Website needs to change under the new rules next year. Can't show were a Catholic students get a almost a $2000 discount on tuition or the asterisk in the bottom of the page that reads " this amount may be reduced by the standard parish assessment and/or supplemental tuition support".

I'm sure the Vatican lawyers will get right on that, but first they need to cleanup a few things with the Diocese of Knoxville, Catholic Charities of East Tennessee Inc., St. Mary's Legacy Foundation of East Tennessee, the Catholic Education Trust Fund, and the Chattanooga Deanery Catholic School Education Fund.

tuition.jpg

Annual%20Report%202014.jpg

Dioocese%20of%20Knoxville.jpg

ChattanoogaDeaneryCatholicSchoolsEducati