Official Declarations for Division 2

KennyPowers55

The open zone schools are all policies put in place by each county. If you don't like then call your school system and ask them to allow students outside your zone.

It is not practical for large counties like Hamilton to let kids go wherever they want with an open zone policy. There would be mass exodus from some schools and massive influxes to other schools beyond their capacity. Students can apply to the HCDE for a "hardship" to attend a school for which they are not zoned, and those aren't too hard to get. However, since HCDE defines a "zone" for each school, students granted a "hardship" by HCDE must then submit an additional "hardship" request to T$$AA Executive Director to be eligible for athletic participation. That Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) ain't known for approving many of those. :rolleyes:

It is not practical for large counties like Hamilton to let kids go wherever they want with an open zone policy. There would be mass exodus from some schools and massive influxes to other schools beyond their capacity. Students can apply to the HCDE for a "hardship" to attend a school for which they are not zoned, and those aren't too hard to get. However, since HCDE defines a "zone" for each school, students granted a "hardship" by HCDE must then submit an additional "hardship" request to T$$AA Executive Director to be eligible for athletic participation. That Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) ain't known for approving many of those. :rolleyes:

Even in open zones you can't just go where you like Mountain Troll. You have to apply through the school board to attend any school in the school system. Ex. Greeneville has both a city school system and a county school system. I had to apply every single year since I was in from kindergarden through the 12th grade to attend the city school system. If a school was at capacity they would have turned me done and I would have had to stay in the county school system (even if I had went there for 2 years). So the mass exodus from one school to other school wouldn't happen. No one can take more than the school can hold.

Even in open zones you can't just go where you like Mountain Troll. You have to apply through the school board to attend any school in the school system. Ex. Greeneville has both a city school system and a county school system. I had to apply every single year since I was in from kindergarden through the 12th grade to attend the city school system. If a school was at capacity they would have turned me done and I would have had to stay in the county school system (even if I had went there for 2 years). So the mass exodus from one school to other school wouldn't happen. No one can take more than the school can hold.

Yea, but you had a fast 40-time. :thumb:  :roflolk:

Catholic has always maintained that the way they award financial aide does not violate T$$AA by-laws; and in the past, they have threatened a lawsuit if T$$AA ever tried to crack down on them. That Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) is skeerd of the Pope, and the T$$AA didn't want another expensive legal battle.

T$$AA thought the new rules would force the catlick's hand, but I'm hearing the same thing that they will try to stay DI. If they do and T$$AA doesn't do anything, that Childress boy (who I don't like so much, by the way) ain't got a hair on his back side.

tumblr_m8q0gfoZXC1rdid2ao1_400.gif

Bump. Didn't mean to scare everbody off this thread. :huh:

I don't see how any private school can stay in D1.

Don't you mean, you don't want them to stay in D1.  As long as a private school doesn't offer financial aid or work study, they can stay.  People get on here and speculate and make the dreaded "I know someone...", a "friend of a friend that knows..." or the amazing "I heard" statement.  Bottom line is their is bias against private schools and some of it justified some of it hearsay some of hatred.  As long as a private school meets the criteria that the TSSAA has handed out can stay. I'm sure the TSSAA will monitor any that remain in D1. I really believe that the privates that stay in D1 will be bumped up to the highest classification they can place them per the 2 class rule being amended.

Don't you mean, you don't want them to stay in D1.  As long as a private school doesn't offer financial aid or work study, they can stay.  People get on here and speculate and make the dreaded "I know someone...", a "friend of a friend that knows..." or the amazing "I heard" statement.  Bottom line is their is bias against private schools and some of it justified some of it hearsay some of hatred.  As long as a private school meets the criteria that the TSSAA has handed out can stay. I'm sure the TSSAA will monitor any that remain in D1. I really believe that the privates that stay in D1 will be bumped up to the highest classification they can place them per the 2 class rule being amended.

QSouth, I apologize in advance if you've already been asked but in your opinion, what direction do you think Catholic will go?

Edited by osunut2

QSouth, I apologize in advance if you've already been asked but in your opinion, what direction do you think Catholic will go?

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea. The administration has been talking and exploring all options and keeping things pretty close to the vest. I've talked to Coach Hutchens and he said he doesn't know either. My personal opinion is that Catholic will make the move to D-2, but I'm not making that decision. Edited by QSouth89