UTC's improvement and interest from local players?

Playerscoach

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/19/2017 at 0:40 AM, Booger said:

family Booger was there.......cant remember when UTC was even able to beat Kelly

a win is a win

Booger just sayin :thumb:

0-0 final

Two very organized teams. Very few scoring opportunities. I think UTC has some good young pieces. After talking with Gavin and Martyn after the game they both see the future is bright.

BTW what a neat experience with the farmers market at the pavilion across from the stadium. We had a great time. It's just a very fun and unique experience.

yep....good game...glad you got to enjoy sum of it and its a good thing U did...

....cause soon as our Mayor Andrew Burkey finds out that Pavillion and Stadium property has a few confederate ties to it; shes gonna tear them down

Booger just sayin 67982_icon.jpg

Edited by Booger

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 0:10 PM, MountainVol said:

Players,

Any Chattanooga updates?  I see they have had a little rough start.  Hopefully, the staff gets it turned around.

I saw they've not been able to score much. Can't win if they don't score. Watched them play Morehead and gave up a really bad goal on a corner. Year three is not going like it appeared it would but they seem to just not have the attacking players needed other than Arnold? Maybe it will start clicking for them? I hope so because those two guys are top notch. Their 2018 and 2019 classes seem to add size, speed and skill that will make them more competitive though. You were 100% correc when you talked about them recruiting size. After seeing the current team and the committed recruits size seems to be a focus.

I have also watched the other local programs. I know you didn't ask but I'll give you what I've seen and heard. :)

Watched TTU play while visiting my son a few weeks back and while they appear to have question marks at certain positions the transfer mid from Louisville really helps that team. They get up and down the field and attack more than they used to. If they had a forward comparable to Arnold they would be very dangerous IMO.

Have also seen Belmont in person and I believe the middle of the field is a big issue for them. They have won some games with their relentless attack using their 3 back formation but I wonder how it will work in conference play? Recruiting for them has also fallen off IMO. Freshman Garst is a very good player though. She is a difference maker and makes their attack formidable.

Lipscomb has lost a few games too and that is surprising. WKU handled them fairly well from what I heard. UT Martin worked them over too. BTW they received a 2019 commitment from a very good forward from Cheatham County HS. She's played ECNL for years with GSA. It's nice to see Obrien recruit a TN kid. Lol

UT is surprisingly 6-0 but has played nobody really. They have a kid from SE Florida, coached by former Trevecca/DCA coach Jeff Carr, that has 5 or 6 goals already. She's from Jamaica and is 5'11, fast, and skilled. Her name is Bunny and she is playing lights out. Also, UT isn't letting folks score so the defense is getting it done too. They really look good in their 3-0 win over Belmont too. Belmont was completely outclassed in this game.

Watched MTSU vs Austin Peay. Was a sloppy game with MTSU losing again. Not sure what their season win total will be but it's going to be low. MTSU vs UT was not competitive even though the score was 2-0. MTSU just doesn't have the pieces needed to be successful IMO. Even though Rhoden has a long, and good, career his results last year and the current trend this season might make his seat hot. I know they have commitments from two nice players from the Lobos though.

Memphis is undefeated and playing well from what I've read. Don't know anything about them though.

ETSU?? Lost bad to UT? Since Debs left I haven't even read about them. 

Vandy is average at best. I'm not sure how long this staff will get but they just got a commitment from my daughters TSC teammate Kate Devine. She's a very talented GK that is one of the top GK's in Region III per some coaches I talk to. She chose Vandy over several SEC teams.

My opinion as far as ranking the D1 TN programs is:

1.a/b. UT/Memphis 

2. Vandy

3. TTU 

4. Lipscomb

5. Belmont

6. UTC 

7. UT Martin

8. MTSU

ETSU????

Edited by Playerscoach