Sullivan South - Sullivan Co. Football

formerblazer

There is no excuse for a 70 point loss. Especially at a school that has always been highly competitive even in down years. Injuries cannot be the only problem. All teams have injuries. Some years more than others. I would have thought South would have had a little bit better depth than that. They usually field a pretty large number of players. Maybe their numbers are down for a reason ?

South's numbers were way down to begin with this year.  Several juniors jumped ship when sophomores were given the nod over them back in the spring.  Add to that the many injured and South is only dressing around 30 kids with the majority of those being freshmen and sophomores.  I think only 4 or 5 seniors remain uninjured at this point.  I'll be glad when this season is over!!!

South's numbers were way down to begin with this year.  Several juniors jumped ship when sophomores were given the nod over them back in the spring.  Add to that the many injured and South is only dressing around 30 kids with the majority of those being freshmen and sophomores.  I think only 4 or 5 seniors remain uninjured at this point.  I'll be glad when this season is over!!!

Hard to believe their numbers are that down. a lot of young players. Hopefully that good for the future. I've always been a Rebel fan. Even when I lived in Hawkins co. In the 80s and 90s we had a lot of really good football teams and I enjoyed watching play. When my son started playing at Volunteer in the early 2000s I only got to watch them in the playoffs after Volunteers season was done (usually week 11 ha ha). My kids are grown and I'm back home in colonial hgts about a mile from school. Hope to be able to see them succeed again. Always enjoy the playoff time of year.

Maybe when the new school gets built we can all pull for one winner. :popcorneater:

Wow !   Any opinions on who might take the helm?

My guess would be Hilton. But i would love for Garvin the head for colonial heights but he can't he isnt a teacher

I would suggest someone from the outside without any preconceived impressions. Line em up, find the best young men, but coach them all to avoid the problems of the last few years.

I would suggest someone from the outside without any preconceived impressions. Line em up, find the best young men, but coach them all to avoid the problems of the last few years.

That would be good but with the Sullivan county school situation changing soon I would say not many outsiders would bite. I think it's Hilton's job if he wants it.

I'm hearing Hilton as well. I seriously doubt their AD is even looking outside their little circle. Hilton may be a good choice though. But if they leave that play calling coach in place, nothing will ever change. I doesn't matter who the head man is, if they have the same offense coordinator . They need new blood calling the plays.

• 1 month later...