Sullivan South - Sullivan Co. Football

formerblazer

Are any of the sophomores that quit playing looking at coming back out for their junior years next year?

From what I understand most of the ones that quit were juniors last year and were being overlooked in favor of some athletic sophomores.  Since the coaching staff didn't really change any only reorganized I don't see those kids wanting to come back.  Maybe the loss of the 4 or 5 seniors would open up a slot or two for those kids but unlikely.  I see mostly junior starters next season with some sophomores mixed in and a few of the upcoming seniors like the QB and the only returning RB with varsity experience.  I predict another lean year for the Rebs in 2017 with things looking brighter after that (depending on the school consolidation of course).

I hope for South it's the best move for their program.To me,It looks like an odd deal all the way around, but I guess the folks at South know what their doing.

Me too. The unique thing about south is the head coach has almost always been handed off to the assistant head coach.

Word was that Hilton had the Gate City job last year but they wouldn't let him bring assistants so he declined the position. I think this is a great move on South's part as he is supposed to be a great up and comer. As stated before, when this years sophomores are seniors, South should be formidable again. 

At Colonial Heights Middle the sophomores went 8-0 with conference championship, the freshman went 7-1 and were conference co-champions, this years 8th grade class went 10-0 with conference championship and Region 1-AA championship, the 7th grade class is stacked with talent too. When these 7th graders are freshman, South will have the most talent they've had in the building at one time in a few years, top to bottom.

Word was that Hilton had the Gate City job last year but they wouldn't let him bring assistants so he declined the position. I think this is a great move on South's part as he is supposed to be a great up and comer. As stated before, when this years sophomores are seniors, South should be formidable again. 

At Colonial Heights Middle the sophomores went 8-0 with conference championship, the freshman went 7-1 and were conference co-champions, this years 8th grade class went 10-0 with conference championship and Region 1-AA championship, the 7th grade class is stacked with talent too. When these 7th graders are freshman, South will have the most talent they've had in the building at one time in a few years, top to bottom.

You are correct, I think everyone close to the program knew that after the class of 2015 graduated there would be a drastic dropoff in overall talent for a few years.  This years 2-8 season was not a shocker especially with the talent walking the halls not playing football.  As you stated there is a lot of talent/skill in the pipeline whether those kids end up at South, DB or the new consolidated school is yet to be seen.  Hilton will be a great head coach too (my opinion anyway).

Looks as if their going forward with this new high school . 1700 students from South , North and 50% + Central ! If they can get the right coach , this could be Great for football (both north and south have had some great years as of recent ) . I know it's still in the process , but come Monday and if voted yes , then 3 years they said they will have complete !!

Early but has anybody heard of colors , name , mascot etc. ?