10-AAA

HCHSladyPats

What are the thoughts on the Clarksville area teams.

Rossview lost a lot, but know how to win, they have got to be the top of the district till someone shows the ability to beat them.  They do have plenty of fire power returning Pace, Ogburn, Ripey and Balance all have winning in their blood.

Clarksville lost the least from last years team and should compete for the district title.

Henry County lost a lot and will have to find rebounding and scoring from somewhere.

Kenwood lost some key players but there go to player last year was just a freshmen, they should be dangerous as well.

Springfield made a strong push in the district tourney and if they can ride that momentum in to this season, will be a better team.

Norhtwest with a new coach has some unknowns, I am sure they will play hard and if they can find a way to score, should continue improving.

Norhteast is always athletic and dangerous, lost several of their shooters.  But they still have Horn down low.

Westcreek with another coaching change has no where to go but up.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Rossview and Clarksville both play at a couple of camps this summer and both teams seemed to be pretty strong. I agree that the mental edge goes to Rossview. They have had a choke hold on this district for the last several years. They return a lot of experience but did not appear to have the size they have had in the past.

Clarksville has good size, a shooter, solid pg, a couple of slashers and some other solid role players. I'm not sure they don't have the most talent in the district. Will they be able to get over the hump vs Rossview is the question. They couldn't do it in 4 meetings last year, which I believe makes 10 or 11 in row over them. That has to get in your head after a while. 

I think the second tier of teams is Henry Co and Springfield. Henry lost their best all around player but have a huge post and solid pg returning. They could definitely be in the mix. Springfield got better throughout the year and could surprise some teams in the district.

I have not seen any of the other teams play enough to speak intelligently about them but based on last year's records, Kenwood seems to be the best of the rest.

Clarksville is the team to beat and my Kenwood knights are going to challenge for 2nd,

1. Clarksville

2. Rossview

3. Kenwood

4. Northwest

5. Springfield

6. Northeast

7. Henry County (forever a soft team)

8. West Creek

Fastcat,

I heard the Carter girl from KW transferred to Bradley Central. Is that true? If so, I don't see any way that Kenwood finishes in the top 4. If she is back, then I agree with you that they could make some noise.

• 1 month later...

I liked the way the Lady Knights played last night, they handled the Vikings in what I thought was a dominant fashion.  They called the dogs off a little to play everyone.  After last nights showing, my predicictions are,  Shaylaya Armstead as District MVP, she was the best player of the night on the ladies side.

1. Rossview

2. Clarksville

3.  Kenwood

4.  Springfield

5.  Northwest

6.  Henry County

7.  West Creek

8.  Northeast

With a long season, I will go ahead and predict the tourney championship game,   Rossview vs Kenwood with Kenwood pulling the upset.   Yes I am a little biased.

• 4 weeks later...

It is early in the season still but looks like Rossview is still the team to beat.

From afar

1. Rossview

2. Clarksville

3. Henry County

4. Kenwood

5. Springfield

6. Northwest

7. West Creek

8. Northeast

I saw Kenwood last night and they are much improved.

Springfield and Northwest seem to be playing pretty well too.

I think 4,5,6 will have some battles.

What say to that Fastcat?

I saw Rossview play at Hendersonville last week and they looked pretty good. They don't have the size that they have had but they still play that tough, in your face defense like they have for the last few years. Looking at their scores, I think beating Hendersonville, Dickson County and Clarksville back to back to back, with two of those on the road (H-ville & C-ville), is pretty impressive. HCHSLadyPats, I would have to agree that they seem to be the team to beat again in this district. 

Clarksville is big and athletic inside. 10 can shoot the ball. 3 handles the ball well. They have some size and athleticism coming off the bench. They are a solid team and I think they'll be tough come tournament time. It will be interesting to see if they can get over the hump against Rossview. I saw on social media that Rossview had won 13 straight now. Pretty unbelievable considering how close some of those games have been. 

HCHSLadyPats, I think your team is the best of the rest but I agree that Northwest and Springfield seem to be improved. 

• 10 months later...

What is the word in Clarksville?  I do not know who the Clarksville schools lost last year, and who they have back.    My gut tells me that I this district will be similar to the last few years,  Clarksville, Rossview, and Henry County should battle for the top spot,  Springfield has been much improved and could factor in again this year as their defeat of Clarksville high had an impact on final standings last year.    Kenwood is another dangerous team.   My predictions are

1. Rossview  their defensive intensity put them here, their ability to score will be the deciding factor

2. Clarksville high  Lost a lot to graduation, #3, #5 are a heck of a tandem, can the other pieces come together.

3.  Henry County   Lost their size and no one to replace her presence in the middle.  

4.  Springfield   Coaching stability has shown to improve this team, expect the same.

5.  Kenwood  they may be the sleeper, they are always very active and dangerous.

6.  Norhtwest  Lost almost everything to graduation,  Coach Wallace is doing a good job, I may be wrong but I think they will be very young.

7.  West Creek,  Their best player returns, not sure what they have to go with her.

8.  Norhteast   Times are hard on this program, numbers have been down.

9. Montgomery Central   I have not seen this team play, going by last years results in AA, this could be a long season for them.

• 3 weeks later...