Nashville Christian @ Gordonsville

thenextone

I looked for you Friday but couldn't find you. I was a little unnerved to walk too deep into the Monterey section. lol

we got the ok to cut the trees across field for the visitor bleachers also by the way! lol that game is why i hate to have visitor and home on same side! It puts them to close to each other!

People act as if NCS is special. I've seen lots of teams through the years like their team last year as well as this season. NCS was a doormat when the alphabet schools made up Region 4. I remember the days when BGA, CPA, DCA, FRA would fight for the top spots. Every so often someone like Friendship Christian, Nashville Christian or Jo Byrns would get a playoff spot. NCS now is like any other typical private school. They are usually going to be a solid football team. When those schools were thriving we also had Trousdale County and South Pittsburg in their prime challenging them each season. Those were some wild years.

Bass, I usually agree with you. Last year was a special year. But we do not think we are special. Do I think we should be D2? Yes, would loved to have moved 2 years ago when my son was a freshman. is private playing publics unfair? No more than open enrollment and the school that teeters from 1a to 2a. Open enrollment is as much of a problem for 1a than private is. Imo..

Bass, I usually agree with you. Last year was a special year. But we do not think we are special. Do I think we should be D2? Yes, would loved to have moved 2 years ago when my son was a freshman. is private playing publics unfair? No more than open enrollment and the school that teeters from 1a to 2a. Open enrollment is as much of a problem for 1a than private is. Imo..

NCSdad23 i am glad your back! You are a true class act and represent your school well on here! You have not been on here much this year! Would like yo talked to you when we was down at your place but u never got on! Hope all is well and good luck in D2 even though some of your posters make me want to see you guys get crushed lol!

Open enrollment is a problem more for larger schools.

I may be ignorant to it, but I don't really know of any 1A schools that do it on the level of Blount County.

In Smith County, you absolutely can't attend school unless you live in the county.

I wasn't meaning that y'all thought you were special. I was just comparing NCS to many other alphabet schools through the year. We have 230 kids in our school. People stay on us about open enrollment. Anyone can come to our school, however we don't have bussing for anyone outside our school district. Open enrollment schools that have bussing anywhere they want are far more problematic. Tyner Magnet in Chattanooga. They can be bussed to that school from anywhere in Chattanooga. South Pittsburg High School? They can come here, but they have to provide their own transportation.

Open enrollment is a problem more for larger schools.

I may be ignorant to it, but I don't really know of any 1A schools that do it on the level of Blount County.

In Smith County, you absolutely can't attend school unless you live in the county.

I believe you are right. Marion County has three high schools. Whitwell, Marion and SP. They can go wherever they want to start high school, but bus services are only provided for your immediate area. There is a huge difference in that and some other places like I referenced above that will bus them to another school.

NCSdad23 i am glad your back! You are a true class act and represent your school well on here! You have not been on here much this year! Would like yo talked to you when we was down at your place but u never got on! Hope all is well and good luck in D2 even though some of your posters make me want to see you guys get crushed lol!