Defending state Champs Greeneville

GREENEDEVILARMY

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen CCS play this year, unless you have its hard to make a statement using last year as a reference. Last year CAK made the tournament also, enough said.

i actually did see them play. If you remember we beat them at Rocky Top 1-0. So I am thinking my comparison can stand. SO ENOUGH SAID!😉 Edited by GREENEDEVILARMY

That game was hardly a dominant game, the one goal was on a PK....time will tell for sure but over confidence has been the downfall of many teams.  There are 5 more games for the eventual state champion yet, better to let the teams decide on the field than to yap on this board about how good a team is.

So who are your top 3 teams in the A/AA?

That game was hardly a dominant game, the one goal was on a PK....time will tell for sure but over confidence has been the downfall of many teams.  There are 5 more games for the eventual state champion yet, better to let the teams decide on the field than to yap on this board about how good a team is.

So who are your top 3 teams in the A/AA?

You are correct, it was on a well deserved penalty kick, but a win is a win.  Yes CCS is playing strong right now and Greeneville really needs to get some bugs worked out. GHS should be prepared when they reach state, but time will tell. As far as the top three teams, I don't feel that Grace is there just yet.  Greeneville shut down their star player last year in Sub-state and she only touched the ball a few times.  If other teams were to find a way to contain her I feel it would hard for the others on the team to make up her average goals per game. Time will tell. 

However their loss was to CCS who dominated the game 3-1. CCS has one of the best back lines in A/AA and will be a huge obstacle to a repeat.

it was actually 3-0. We are the only team in the state of Tennessee to beat them both this year and last. I'm just hoping that fatigue doesn't hit us again in the championship game.. Greeneville just has a TON of depth. It's incredible.