DII-AA 2017

Booger

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think DII needs three now. The only reason BA was upset is because they want games not because of competition. Privates only splitting for the playoffs makes more sense for everyone. Good public schools would compete and teams would get good gates.A huge gap exists between the large and middle division. Last year CPA had one of their best teams and ensworth one of their worst and they easily beat CPA. No offense to CPA I realize you guys played with them for most of the game. Now the ire can move toward magnet and open zone schools as Fulton, Maryville, and Alcoa will continue to dominate even more now.

No offense taken and no intent to be defensive, but Ensworth did not easily beat CPA. 14-0 CPA at half and then in a very non CPA way they had 3 turnovers and 3 personal fouls in the second half that lead to 3 Ensworth touch downs.

Last year was the year to beat Ensworth though... Most years would not be similiar. I hope the series continues though as I'd like to see how our sophomore class this year would fare against Ensworth when they are seniors.

No offense taken and no intent to be defensive, but Ensworth did not easily beat CPA. 14-0 CPA at half and then in a very non CPA way they had 3 turnovers and 3 personal fouls in the second half that lead to 3 Ensworth touch downs.

Last year was the year to beat Ensworth though... Most years would not be similiar. I hope the series continues though as I'd like to see how our sophomore class this year would fare against Ensworth when they are seniors.

I understand you stated my point better.  I think some of schools playing in the middle level will be able to rise and compete with Ensworth and BA.  However it cant be expected overnight or in one year. Some of the schools in the middle level will never be competitive with the big boys.   Middle Tennessee football has gotten alot more competitive in both public and private areas.  The rise of Williamson county schools programs are an example.   Over the next few years where those athletes in the middle tennessee area end up will be interesting.  CPA is definitely on the rise and has a great program.  

IMO, Tennessee high school athletics should be more like Ohio where the private schools and public schools compete against each other for state championships.  The only thing adults in Tennessee are teaching young people is that there is no reason to work hard, just change the rules to benefit your particular situation.  We have truly raised a soft society!

Well I might as well get warmed up to this thread since this is where I will be ranting and raging next year!  lol   Hope all have a healthy rest of the season.  It will be interesting to see how we all fill the rest of our schedules.

Now that the publics got rid of us I suspect the open enrollments will be their next target.  Just saying...

• 2 weeks later...

Okie Dokie.....2nd Draft with the news of BA and Ensworth....bank it......Booger nose stuff

any chance Roller conchence gets to him by noon tomorrow and he decides Lipscomb should play up

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

D2-AA

West Region

St. Georges Independent School 389

Evangelical Christian School 365

Lausanne Collegiate School 365

Harden Academy 327

University School of Jackson 312

First Assembly Christian School 305

North Point Christian School 297

Middle Region

Lipscomb Academy Nashville 518

Christ Presbyterian Academy Nashville 449

University School of Nashville 390

Battle Ground Academy 364

Goodpasture Christian School 311

Franklin Road Academy 266

East Region

Chattanooga Christian School Chattanooga 458

Webb School of Knoxville 449

Notre Dame High School Chattanooga 419

Christian Academy of Knoxville 400

Grace Christian Academy Knoxville 316

Boyd Buchanan High School Chattanooga 292

Silverdale Baptist Academy Chattanooga 279

told ya Booger nose things

Class AA

Boyd Buchanan High School (Chattanooga, TN)
Chattanooga Christian School (Chattanooga, TN)
Notre Dame High School (Chattanooga, TN)
Silverdale Baptist Academy (Chattanooga, TN)
Webb School of Knoxville (Knoxville, TN)
Battle Ground Academy (Franklin, TN)
Christ Presbyterian Academy (Nashville, TN)
Franklin Road Academy (Nashville, TN)
Lipscomb Academy (Nashville, TN)
Harding Academy (Memphis, TN)
Northpoint Christian School (Southaven, MS)
St. George's Independent School (Collierville, TN)

Booger just sayin  :mrgreen:

How is it fair that the TSSAA allows schools to not count student population when there is a co op situation?  I know it happens more in the public school division, but there a couple in the private school division too which dramatically helps.  Looks like two of the schools would be in completely different classifications if they were counted.