Div IIA substate and beyond

Playerscoach

BGA vs St Mary's

FRA vs St Georges

USJ vs USN

ECS vs DCA

West gets three teams in the final four IMO. Only BGA from East/Middle is the favorite.

Big G I wish I knew the magic behind your ECS win but even then my cats are big underdogs. Too many injuries and even if healthy against them it would take a great performance. Next year is the year the Cats have a shot at the Boro barring terrible injuries again.

Good luck to all the teams!

BGA vs St Mary's

FRA vs St Georges

USJ vs USN

ECS vs DCA

West gets three teams in the final four IMO. Only BGA from East/Middle is the favorite.

Big G I wish I knew the magic behind your ECS win but even then my cats are big underdogs. Too many injuries and even if healthy against them it would take a great performance. Next year is the year the Cats have a shot at the Boro barring terrible injuries again.

Good luck to all the teams!

ECS is a really good team.  

We played them in front of 1,600 people and scored early off the momentum.  

While it may be a bit surprising because it is on the road, I would not call that a huge upset. USN has been giving teams trouble lately. I believe they have put USJ out the last couple of years.

Well USN got a few shots (3 to USJ's 15), played without an all region midfielder, and lost the possession battle 80-20. Having seen USN multiple times and getting the information from a USN parent I agree with him it's a huge upset.

This isn't USN of last year. This team is much less dangerous offensively.

Great job USN!

ECS is a really good team.

We played them in front of 1,600 people and scored early off the momentum.

G we were 0-0 at half. Shelled it up and made them shoot from way outside the 18. Our GK attacked every ball from corners hers.

After half our Sr centerback went out with an eye injury at the 25 minute mark and they scored on a cross that ended up going in. We used our only sub to replace her at that point. Yes, one sub because the other four were injured.

Cut it to 2-1 with 15:00 off a nice set piece from 25 yards out that tucked into the right upper 90. They countered and our kids were just so wore down they started getting stretched wide which led to open shots at the top of the box.

We countered again and hit the crossbar from almost the exact same spot as the first goal and missed a wide open net from inside the 6 a few minutes after that.

Injuries happen in sports but it sure would have been fun to see what would have happened if those four starters were able to play. Great season for the Lady Cats and coach Smith as usual did a great job.

Should have some kids get a little post season recognition. One had 51 goals and 13 assists with Coach Smith never allowing her to take advantage of lesser opponents. The mids and centerbacks played outstanding all year even though they had to constantly cover attacks and the GK had another fantastic season.

See you next season at your place, unless you want to come see the new soccer stadium we are scheduled to start building and have completed by next season? :) Good luck in the playoffs!!!

Without a doubt in my mind the two best teams I've seen this year start their road to a rematch today. CPA is solid, as is Ensworth, but these two teams have excellent overall depth and their key players are elite in TN.

Can ECS beat a pesky, defensive minded USN? They play a very high line and will dare USN to play Rabb over the top. She's much faster than the backs for ECS so it will be interesting. Her one breakaway shot vs USJ was all that was needed so can it happen again? ECS was frustrated with DCA's defensive shell for 55 minutes and then wore down the Lady Cats but USN has a much deeper roster (more than 1 sub lol) to keep players fresh.

Can USN get in their defensive bunker as usual and withstand the 15-20 shots that are about to be unleashed? This recipe worked against USJ but ECS is very talented and has 6'1" Martin (Ole Miss) that can create a goal for her team out of thin air. Martin dominated BGA in the championship game last year and has the teammates to do it vs USN today.

USN has an excellent D1 GK (club teammates with CPAs GK) that can keep them in it and has a sizeable advantage over ECS. It's going to be fun to watch.

BGA has two mids that control the game and enough talent around them to be more than just a supporting cast. However, having seen BGA three times this season, and in the final last year, the fouls mount up for them as they play just a hair below the yellow card level which could lead to trouble. The championship game last season vs ECS drew 25+ fouls, cards, and nothing has changed in the BGA games I've witnessed this season. IMO a straight red card was missed in BGAs region semifinal game that would have changed that game completely. It could happen again with them if they lose focus and that would be disastrous.

ECS and BGA are favorites IMO to move on for the rematch of last years championship game.