Breaking .... Alcoa will announce move to 4A

lessur

Who do you think would be that roadblock in 4A that would stand in Alcoa's way.

After looking @ 4A, Alcoa may be the favorite there as well. Fulton and Greeneville would be their greatest threat, one of those three would be the favorite typically.. on further analysis, 3A may actually give em more competition from the West..

I actually think there are too many divisions/too many State Champions. And the DII is like a participation trophy.. basically a district champ is declared State Champ.. Too watered down.. State Championships aren't what they used to be.

Why would they do this? When I initially(briefly) looked over the 3A teams, I immediately thought Alcoa was & would be the favorite, year in year out. They would definitely be the team to beat. 3A would definitely be the least competition. However,on a challenging note, 4A will be more of an accomplishment, if that's their thinking. They seemed like a lock in 3A, 4A not so much.

As you touched on, my guess would be competition, they still have a legitimate shot to win it all at 4A on a yearly basis.....

After looking @ 4A, Alcoa may be the favorite there as well. Fulton and Greeneville would be their greatest threat, one of those three would be the favorite typically.. on further analysis, 3A may actually give em more competition from the West..

I actually think there are too many divisions/too many State Champions. And the DII is like a participation trophy.. basically a district champ is declared State Champ.. Too watered down.. State Championships aren't what they used to be.

Boom goes the dynamite.  This post hit it head on.  Way too many championships.  Drop to 4 classes in D1 and 1 classes in D2.

The fellas at breakfast said this morning they were 95% sure Carter and Fulton were going 5A and Catholic would stay 5A. When is the deadline today? What time?

Fulton been talking 5A for weeks now ..with the union Co uncertainty .. they were gonna have to get about 6 non conference games if UC bows out ... 5A would give them a full schedule easy ... havent heard latest .. that was weeks ago I heard that ..so will see shortly I guess ... I think deadline is 1pm EST