Division I A/AA State Tournament Predictions

ChattanoogaCannon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% white house goes to state. Nothing against Page, I think both deserve to be there, but unfortunately one of them has to lose. Good luck to all teams!

Agreed. In my opinion, WH may be the 3rd or 4th best team in the state behind Greenville, CCS, and lump ND, WH, and Grace Academy together. I also agree that Page is a top eight team and deserves to go, but, like you said, top 8 teams isn't the pedigree to get to state. Last year was a perfect case when Page, CPA, WH, and Heritage were all too 8 teams and only two went. Not faulting TSSAA, but that section of the bracket's sub-state winners certainly always belong in the Spring Fling.

Did White House get beat by Independence 11 - 1?

Yes.  It was back in August.  Score was either 1-1 or 2-1 at the half and Independence just unloaded over next 40 minutes.

Page is a very good team this year and has good depth.  White House is solid as well as they have built a great program up there over the past 6-8 years so this should be a really good match.

who nose; DCurtis just may show back up.....that was a good ball team WH put on field gainst the Irish in the 2012 championships......if we could still play these games on surfaces like CCS Baylor and GPS

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:  

Yes, I wish the girls' state tournament was still in Chattanooga.  Great city, great experience, and wonderful playing surfaces.  The CCS field (R.I.P) was one of the top grounds in the entire state before they destroyed it and the spectator seating area, built into the side of the mountain was wonderful as well.  The White House 2012 team was a great team.  We beat them in the 2009 region semi (because WH lost the district final which they should have won) when that group were freshman.  They were young but we knew they would be great in years to come.  Didn't play them in 2010, and beat them in the region semi in 2011 even though they were better than us.  Beat them in the region final in 2012 the year you were referring to.  If they could have knocked off CAK in the state semi, a CPA-WH rematch in the final would have been a great match as well.