Dobyns Bennett at Science Hill

DBGRAD70

Good luck Tribe. Love to see a Middle TN team come up here and show everyone just how great football is down there. They might get a surprise. The stadium alone is a little intimidating.

It seems to me that the visiting team usually plays better than the home team at J.Fred. I've never noticed a "home field advantage". That is especially true in a playoff game.

It seems to me that the visiting team usually plays better than the home team at J.Fred. I've never noticed a "home field advantage". That is especially true in a playoff game.

Travelling half way across the state can make a difference. I like the tribes odds better at home anytime. The facilities, the large home crowd, and the huge band on one end of the field should count for something. Can't explain why it wouldn't.

The Russell kid hasn't been on the SH team since maybe week 2 or 3 of the season. I know he's still enrolled in school there, just no longer on the football team. I don't really want to speculate why but I know the rumor at the time was he was not happy about having to split time with the two sophomores that emerged and impressed. The Topper running backs really haven't missed a beat since his departure though. Both Watterson and Mackie are very good. I wish the Russell kid would've stayed with the team though. He showed flashes both at DB and SH that he had plenty of talent.

Edited by WBNC83

Travelling half way across the state can make a difference. I like the tribes odds better at home anytime. The facilities, the large home crowd, and the huge band on one end of the field should count for something. Can't explain why it wouldn't.

Doesn't matter over the last 10 plus years.You just do not want to lose to SH first.Then worry about starting a new trend in the playoffs and knowing it will be a winning season.

The Russell kid hasn't been on the SH team since maybe week 2 or 3 of the season. I know he's still enrolled in school there, just no longer on the football team. I don't really want to speculate why but I know the rumor at the time was he was not happy about having to split time with the two sophomores that emerged and impressed. The Topper running backs really haven't missed a beat since his departure though. Both Watterson and Mackie are very good. I wish the Russell kid would've stayed with the team though. He showed flashes both at DB and SH that he had plenty of talent.

That's what I figured...just making sure.Thanks

I can explain it. The games are won on the field, by the players and coaches. If facilities, large home crowd and the huge band were a figuring factor DB's record would be much like Maryville's. Although I think DB did win one game last year because of the band. That's one game. Also when you have to travel in the playoffs that means your team probably is at the lower end of the won-loss record. Which means you are playing a team at the top end of the won-loss record. Which means when you travel you are more likely to lose because the team you are playing is better than you. Unless you are traveling to Kingsport. Then your odds of winning go up to 50%.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Please encourage your kids that are players or fans to make smart decisions tonight. Don't let them get caught up in the social media or vandalism that occurred at Science Hill overnight. It only takes a couple bad apples to ruin it for everyone for years to come as Boone and Crockett experienced. Lets enjoy the game that is played on the field and ignore the rest of the trash talking etc.

I heard about the trash talking between the teams on social media and It's uncalled for.That's one thing that will work it's self out on the field.Play a clean game ,then shake hands and go home.Somebody vandalizing A school or anyone's personal property should never happen as well.No place for it,nomatter who the people are that done it.

Edited by BatmanDB

Please encourage your kids that are players or fans to make smart decisions tonight. Don't let them get caught up in the social media or vandalism that occurred at Science Hill overnight. It only takes a couple bad apples to ruin it for everyone for years to come as Boone and Crockett experienced. Lets enjoy the game that is played on the field and ignore the rest of the trash talking etc.

As there were no obvious spelling or grammar errors, I'm calling this a false flag inside job. Here's one: "F@@@ this school. Too great to hate. Go DB."