East TN Coaching Changes

SGHSAlum93

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew when they hired Harig that this would happen. To me the hire never made sense and ultimately it didn't work out. Harig is a good coach but there is a lot of pressure to win right away nowadays anywhere you go and it didn't help the situation that West just won State a few short seasons ago. I attended a few West games during Central off weeks and it seemed to me the West faithful didn't have much faith in Harig like they did Lane and the defense. They didn't like his offense or his play calling. Hey, maybe some hurting Redskins would like him back...?

Resignation papers were signed last week, as was posted here. I suppose some posters need confirmation from their grandsons first before believing.

Anyway, just unfortunate news all around. Coach Harig is a good HC & will have a successful future. I think Knox West has a bright future too. It's sad, but I don't think Harig ever had a chance at West because of the circumstances.

I wish Coach Harig the best in the future as well as the current coaches & players at West.

Just wanted to hear it from the man himself or the administration not some Punk in Fountain City claiming to be a Maryville Rebel

I hope West makes the right choice this time. I really feel that article was just a giant excuse. Injuries and all that are part of the game and every team has kids leave their programs all the time...Truth is there was lots of talent there and he didn't know how to use it properly.

I hope the next coach is hired quickly and has great success!