AAA State Predictions

PJM

TSSAA could found a better center in that game!!

Can't stop play when a girl has a ball heading toward

Goal ,player down!!!

When a girl football tackles a girl, should not run to side judge and let him make call!!

6x a girl Franklin tripped in box!!! Make the call

Both teams are very good, center ref lost control game

But congrats Franklin on good game!!

Congrats to state champs clarksville

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that there were some questionable calls. Is there ever a contested match when there is not. If you are implying the #24 should have been carded for diving every time she lost the ball in the box, I would say maybe. Sure, the center blew her whistle too early when Clarksville had a breakaway to goal. Later, the Franklin fans lobbied her to change her original call of clean tackle and Franklin throw in, to a foul and a yellow card on the Clarksville player, even though she was fifteen steps away and the overruling side judge was forty yards behind the tackle. In the first half a Franklin shot hit the tire on the goal a yard  out of play and came back in to a Franklin player and play continued. Both the side and the center missed it. 

What can you say, officials are human. We all make mistakes, even the more experienced ones. The center was young. She didn't ruin the match nor alter the outcome. She didn't intrude on the match. If we don't give the young officials a chance to officiate the big matches, we will soon have no qualified officials for big events. If they don't make mistakes in big matches, they will not get better and will never have the confidence not to be swayed by crowds, coaches or older officials.

She did fine and I bet that next time she will do even better.

From my perspective concerning the forward for Franklin, once you dive a couple of times early, it makes it more difficult for the center referee to make the right call later in the game. I thought the Franklin forward was fouled a couple of times later on the match, but the flops had to be weighing on the referee's mind as she had to make a split second call. I think her dives influenced the ref's decisions to not make the call later in the game.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the game and both teams had a great season.

I have seen many girls dive this season. A few earned penalties, many were awarded free kicks. Most were spotted by officials who weren't so easily sold and told the player to get up. What I never saw was a diving player being given a yellow card. The question is why officials simply choose to not enforce the rule. One thing is guaranteed, next year will see more players taking the plunge. With much to gain and nothing to lose, I guess we should all work a little on dramatic flopping.