Who wants to play in the Careacter Bowl 2016?

hsfootballfan777

Folks we are looking for 3 more teams for the 2016 Careacter Bowl played @ Knoxville Grace the day after the 1st round of the state playoffs on Saturday.If your school is not in the playoffs but wants to play in this great charity Bowl Game regardless of record(Powell won their game last year at 1-9 so finished with 2 straight wins) please call coach Dave Moore 455-0338.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not trying to hate on this but this is basically a not good enough bowl.. why even have this if you didnt qualify for playoffs bc all it is doing is reminding the kids that they werent good enough.. if they didnt make the playoffs then they shouldnt still be playing bc they arent good enough.. but everyone needs a trophy i guess

Sorry to tell you but this Bowl is more than good enough & to the schools who snub it well it is your loss.Each year the Careacter Bowl & it's now 8 games help at least 1 young man or young lady in need.All proceeds from T-shirt sales which we set a record of this year, food,ticket sales,ect all go to the person in need.This year it went to Lane Lee who is very ill with Leukemia.All teams who play in the Careacter Bowl get credited per TSSAA with a win.The Sr's get 1 last game & the schools a extra week of practice.Offically the scoreboards reads 0 to 0 though everyone is welcome to keep track.As a fan & helper of the Bowl I think it is great.Some teams had injuries or whatever during the year which caused them to not make the playoffs.Everyone who plays in the game is a winner.York,Blesoe traveled very far to play and drew great crowds.All teams looked great and had fun as did the fans.

Sorry to tell you but this Bowl is more than good enough & to the schools who snub it well it is your loss.Each year the Careacter Bowl & it's now 8 games help at least 1 young man or young lady in need.All proceeds from T-shirt sales which we set a record of this year, food,ticket sales,ect all go to the person in need.This year it went to Lane Lee who is very ill with Leukemia.All teams who play in the Careacter Bowl get credited per TSSAA with a win.The Sr's get 1 last game & the schools a extra week of practice.Offically the scoreboards reads 0 to 0 though everyone is welcome to keep track.As a fan & helper of the Bowl I think it is great.Some teams had injuries or whatever during the year which caused them to not make the playoffs.Everyone who plays in the game is a winner.York,Blesoe traveled very far to play and drew great crowds.All teams looked great and had fun as did the fans.

+10

This is AWESOME!!!!!

Sorry to tell you but this Bowl is more than good enough & to the schools who snub it well it is your loss.Each year the Careacter Bowl & it's now 8 games help at least 1 young man or young lady in need.All proceeds from T-shirt sales which we set a record of this year, food,ticket sales,ect all go to the person in need.This year it went to Lane Lee who is very ill with Leukemia.All teams who play in the Careacter Bowl get credited per TSSAA with a win.The Sr's get 1 last game & the schools a extra week of practice.Offically the scoreboards reads 0 to 0 though everyone is welcome to keep track.As a fan & helper of the Bowl I think it is great.Some teams had injuries or whatever during the year which caused them to not make the playoffs.Everyone who plays in the game is a winner.York,Blesoe traveled very far to play and drew great crowds.All teams looked great and had fun as did the fans.

still it shows how weak the current system of athletics is bc of the "everyone needs a trophy" mentality that this event puts off.. the proceeds going to wherever is good tho so ill give you that