Season practice starts next week!!

Scrimmages next week!!

Who ya got?

Does South Greene repeat? 

Does Clarkrange bounce back?

Does Jackson County reload?

Can Pickett rebound?

Can anyone stop Ali Golden of Huntland?

Does Middleton or South Gibson come out of the west?

Who's the favorite in Chattanooga?

Is this the year for MTCS?

Perry County?

Clarksville Academy?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my thoughts....

South Greene repeats and the only team that might say different is Middleton. Middleton returns everyone from last years team as does South Greene.

Clarkrange will be back at the state tournament, but I doubt they'll be back to winning gold trophy's. Kara Meadows is the girl from Clarkrange you're asking about. Once that knee gets healthy, she will be tough to deal with in C-USA.

The favorite out of Chattanooga is Hamilton Heights. They may not win a state championship (as they aren't eligible for that), but they're definitely the favorite around that area by a long shot.

My pre-season state champion picks:

Single A - South Greene

Double A - whoever hits their shots in the East Nashville and Martin Westview game.

Triple A - Riverdale 

And speaking of Triple A.... I heard Kimia Carter transferred to Bradley Central. If that is the case, they'll be tough to deal with out in East Tennessee.

Here's my thoughts....

South Greene repeats and the only team that might say different is Middleton. Middleton returns everyone from last years team as does South Greene.

Clarkrange will be back at the state tournament, but I doubt they'll be back to winning gold trophy's. Kara Meadows is the girl from Clarkrange you're asking about. Once that knee gets healthy, she will be tough to deal with in C-USA.

The favorite out of Chattanooga is Hamilton Heights. They may not win a state championship (as they aren't eligible for that), but they're definitely the favorite around that area by a long shot.

My pre-season state champion picks:

Single A - South Greene

Double A - whoever hits their shots in the East Nashville and Martin Westview game.

Triple A - Riverdale 

And speaking of Triple A.... I heard Kimia Carter transferred to Bradley Central. If that is the case, they'll be tough to deal with out in East Tennessee.

I'm with you on everything but AA GC.  Upperman is loaded this year and they will definitely have a shot at winning the state championship.  Should be an exciting year as always.  Jackson County has added a couple of players that came back home.  The got a transfer from Shelbyville when her mother and father moved back home and i understand she's a very good post player.  We shall see!

I'm with you on everything but AA GC. Upperman is loaded this year and they will definitely have a shot at winning the state championship. Should be an exciting year as always. Jackson County has added a couple of players that came back home. The got a transfer from Shelbyville when her mother and father moved back home and i understand she's a very good post player. We shall see!

oh wow! How did I forget Upperman. They have the best player (and team) coming into this season. I retract what I said. Akira Levy should take Miss Basketball and Upperman should take the state championship based off of what is returning. Westview will be right there with them as well...

oh wow! How did I forget Upperman. They have the best player (and team) coming into this season. I retract what I said. Akira Levy should take Miss Basketball and Upperman should take the state championship based off of what is returning. Westview will be right there with them as well...

Ya'll hijacking my thread, here!!!!

title of the thread was "Single A 2016-17"

And Hamilton Heights shouldn't be mentioned til they decide they wanna play by the same rules as everyone else.

" Hamilton Heights shouldn't be mentioned til they decide they wanna play by the same rules as everyone else."

Hamilton Heights plays by the NFHS rules, as do the T$$AA schools.  They just don't belong to the T$$AA, and play out of state/out of country kids.

Edited by jimbo44

" Hamilton Heights shouldn't be mentioned til they decide they wanna play by the same rules as everyone else."

Hamilton Heights plays by the NFHS rules, as do the T$$AA schools.  They just don't belong to the T$$AA, and play out of state/out of country kids.

Which is exactly why they shouldn't be talked about in a Single A thread.....

Let's move ahead....

My bet would be on South Greene to repeat as State Champs! I also thing Gibson County, Middleton, Moore County, and 2 of the 3 between Clarkrange, Pickett Co, and Jackson Co. In District 7A, anything can happen, and I could see any of those three making it, though I believe PC and Clarkrange have to be the front runners!! I do not see anyone in the Chattanooga area competing for a spot this year as Van Buren has in the last few years. 

Season practice starts next week!!

Scrimmages next week!!

Who ya got?

Does South Greene repeat? 

Does Clarkrange bounce back?

Does Jackson County reload?

Can Pickett rebound?

Can anyone stop Ali Golden of Huntland?

Does Middleton or South Gibson come out of the west?

Who's the favorite in Chattanooga?

Is this the year for MTCS?

Perry County?

Clarksville Academy?

Pickett Co. rebound? They went to the state last year...there is nothing to rebound from. Clarkrange didn't go but Pickett did for the 2nd straight year. Both Pickett County and Clarkrange should go to the state this year. Pickett County is said to be quicker than they were last year and last year they were quick. They went 20-1 over the summer.