Unaka at Greenback

orngnblk

Alternate by year. Even years then even regions host, odd years odds do. If two even or odds alternate east/west by year like the semifinals do now.

I think attendance would drop a bunch on the average in the regular season, especially in the last half as teams drop out of contention quickly. Last week Howard in this area won to make it in. If they lost they were done. Because of their trouble scheduling they had to play Baylor and teams from Nashville and Bristol area. It's hard for me to go along with a team like that finishing fourth and missing out after some very lean years.

We can't have it both ways. If we let a bunch in then a bunch that shouldn't be there will be. If we don't want unaka to get their feelings hurt an extra week then we gotta cut the number of teams playing in November. Simple as that, gotta be one way or the other.

Was it in '89 that Hampton was 10-0 and had to flip a coin to see if who went to playoffs? Hampton lost the toss and didn't get into playoffs with a 10-0 record!

There's a better way than what we have now!

And I've told creeker this before and everyone up the creek knows I'm correct when I say, DISCIPLINE is the reason this is going on and why they have struggled in football AND basketball the last few years.

And maj is correct, AD should be addressed firmly and soon

Was it in '89 that Hampton was 10-0 and had to flip a coin to see if who went to playoffs? Hampton lost the toss and didn't get into playoffs with a 10-0 record!

And I've told creeker this before and everyone up the creek knows I'm correct when I say, DISCIPLINE is the reason this is going on and why they have struggled in football AND basketball the last few years.

It's a culture problem as well. It starts at home, and works it's way down.

I wouldn't mind to see the whole thing blown up, let everyone schedule the teams of their choice, then do the playoffs combining school size, record, and schedule strength. No real classifications until the postseason. The lowest teams wouldn't make it in even if they happened to be fourth best in their school size and area.

yep, you aren't wrong sir

It's a culture problem as well. It starts at home, and works it's way down.

Exactly!

Parents, in their pajamas, dropping off their kids in the morning and picking them up in the afternoon wearing the SAME PJ's...day after day after day....swiping their entitlement cards for food and watching Jerry Springer reruns all day long!

I've watched it getting worse every year.

Only hope the kids have are fair, disciplinary teachers and coaches...if you don't at least have that, it's a BAD situation

Use the new classes and bring back the z plan. You wouldn't have as many sub 500 records with z plan

I think it could work if there was a way to prevent the 1A playoff teams, for example, to have to qualify by potentially being among the best in a mostly 2A playoff region. That was a huge complaint along with not knowing the opponent until the regular season was 100 Percent complete.

I think everyone agrees 1-9 should not be in but I don't want a 5-5 or 6-4 out because of it.