Unaka at Greenback

orngnblk

What did the guy from Crockett do there? How young is he, anyway? People talk like just a kid with barely any experience. I know nothing about him, but everything on here sounds extremely positive.

The guy from TN High has been around a few different places. He's been a coordinator on both sides and really knows the game inside and out, plus he's a hard worker and he treats kids the right way. I can vouch that he would be a good one for them over on the creek if he gets it. I know him personally and talked to him about the job after seeing him described on this thread. He's being humble, but he really wants it badly, too, and has a big master plan laid out for how he'd turn it around if he gets it. The kids would like him.

A lot of people feel that Pittman got a raw deal at Cloudland due to politics and he has some friends in the system there. He's likely going to be a finalist, too. I don't know him, but his record up there wasn't bad and there's not a lot of experienced head coaches who've put in, AFAIK.

There's chatter that someone related to the Ensors might want the job, too. No idea who, but those kind of family connections probably have some pull.

They say a Dobyns Bennett alum who recently retired from the NFL is looking to get into coaching in the area. He's the favorite to get the job at Crockett, but I hear he may have put in at Unaka, too. It'd be hard for them to turn him away if he wants it.

Anybody else hearing names?

The big thing that makes it hard for Unaka is matching the coach with the teaching opening at such a small school. Pink's PE job is attractive to a lot of good coaches, though.

could be several related to the Ensors who might want it. I think the guy from Crockett is around 26 or so? Mcinturff at the elementary might want it as well but I don't know for sure if he applied or not.

What about the Taylor guy who is at happy valley,I heard he tried to get on with Unaka when he first got out of college,he's done a pretty good job at HV,not even sure he would want the job.as far as Pittman he maybe considered for the job but I can't see Carter co hiring him back since he was caught numerous times asleep in his classroom,it would be like replacing pink with a younger pink

What about the Taylor guy who is at happy valley,I heard he tried to get on with Unaka when he first got out of college,he's done a pretty good job at HV,not even sure he would want the job.as far as Pittman he maybe considered for the job but I can't see Carter co hiring him back since he was caught numerous times asleep in his classroom,it would be like replacing pink with a younger pink

He was an assistant at Unaka before going to HV. He's not pursuing the job at Unaka however.

From my understanding they plan on keeping the PE job and the football job together (Which is why the Pittman stuff has some merit to it) and the guy from Crockett isn't certified for PE.

From what I know the guy from Crockett IS definitely PE Certified. Very good coach and a fantastic offensive mind. Unaka would miss out on a very good opportunity with this one. 

What did the guy from Crockett do there?  How young is he, anyway?  People talk like just a kid with barely any experience.  I know nothing about him, but everything on here sounds extremely positive.

The guy from TN High has been around a few different places.  He's been a coordinator on both sides and really knows the game inside and out, plus he's a hard worker and he treats kids the right way.  I can vouch that he would be a good one for them over on the creek if he gets it.  I know him personally and talked to him about the job after seeing him described on this thread.  He's being humble, but he really wants it badly, too, and has a big master plan laid out for how he'd turn it around if he gets it.  The kids would like him.

A lot of people feel that Pittman got a raw deal at Cloudland due to politics and he has some friends in the system there.  He's likely going to be a finalist, too.  I don't know him, but his record up there wasn't bad and there's not a lot of experienced head coaches who've put in, AFAIK.

There's chatter that someone related to the Ensors might want the job, too.  No idea who, but those kind of family connections probably have some pull.

They say a Dobyns Bennett alum who recently retired from the NFL is looking to get into coaching in the area.  He's the favorite to get the job at Crockett, but I hear he may have put in at Unaka, too.  It'd be hard for them to turn him away if he wants it.

Anybody else hearing names?

The big thing that makes it hard for Unaka is matching the coach with the teaching opening at such a small school.  Pink's PE job is attractive to a lot of good coaches, though.

The Crockett guy...from what I've been told, has been a coordinator on both sides, has a good bit of experience, and is great with the kids, parents, and community. Anyone who works under Bosken busts their tail, has a plan, and knows the game, or they don't work for him.

The Crockett guy...from what I've been told, has been a coordinator on both sides, has a good bit of experience, and is great with the kids, parents, and community. Anyone who works under Bosken busts their tail, has a plan, and knows the game, or they don't work for him.

When Bosken left Crockett he said part of it was because of how worthless his assistant coaches were and how they gave him no help.  That would make me wonder how good or reliable this kid is.  He doesn't seem like he's old enough to have been a coordinator on either side--I know Bosken brought in a new Defensive Coordinator every year at Crockett and ran the offense himself, so where did this coordinating experience come from?

After the total lack of discipline at Crockett football under Bosken and incident after incident embarrassing the team (the brawl at the Musket Bowl, players sexually assaulting freshmen, players constantly causing trouble at school, etc.) and Bosken's public comments on his lack of any coaches and help, I can't see why they'd trust an assistant with little experience from there to rebuild Unaka by himself.

I know they are two assistants from there that applied. I have heard of one name but not the other. The one heard of is Derrick Carr. I looked in ole reliable Murphy Fair Magazine and he was listed the last two years as OC. I do hope they move on with the process and get someone in there soon to get our boys started and hopefully more out. Nothing can be worse then what we had for the past couple of seasons. BTW hopefully whoever gets in puts our kids in Murphy Fair.