Looking for comment....

AlnwickFootball

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are saying that he may have told his younger players, "sorry guys we don't have room for you on this trip, you will be staying home for this one"  That would be about the dumbest thing a coach could possibly do, especially if he wants any of them to come back out for the team next year.  That's like saying, "Hey boys, thanks for all the blood, sweat and tears and for playing scout team all year, but this is a playoff game and we don't need you guys cause you can't help us anyway"  c'mon man! That's ridiculous.  Everyone of those kids that got left home would go play for Murvil, ha ha.

Kind of a darned if you do darned if you don't... I don't know if he did or did not, but everyone including me thiks it is crazy to send schools with a 1-9  or 2-8 record across the state to play a 10-0 just for the sake of playing. This trip has to cost upwards of 4-5k and for what benefit to the school? So you can loose money and possibly get whooped pretty handily?  I am simply looking at it like a lot of schools and school board members probably are. Can we save money anywhere and still get our team there and back safely. 

Is this one of the minivans?  I'm thinking there may be more to this sitchee-ation than just trying to save money.

It had nothing to do with saving money....the GovClub takes care of all funding issues.  My comment said "they are taking the ones that wanted to go"....no one is being left behind that wanted to go.

It had nothing to do with saving money....the GovClub takes care of all funding issues. My comment said "they are taking the ones that wanted to go"....no one is being left behind that wanted to go.

Makes me wonder how many coaches may miss the trip because they don't want to go either. Odd situation but times are changing. I'd like to see the LA boys play their rears off. Edited by strongx

Seems crazy to me that players that worked out all winter, and practiced in the heat since July,  just decided it is not important enough to them to even want to go.  Even if you're not going to play, you go and support your teammates.   Just hard for me to believe that there's guys on a high school football team that "just don't wanna go". I think there's more to it.    

Edited by oridgecat

Seems crazy to me that players that worked out all winter, and practiced in the heat since July, just decided it is not important enough to them to even want to go. Even if you're not going to play, you go and support your teammates. Just hard for me to believe that there's guys on a high school football team that "just don't wanna go". I think there's more to it.

I would want to just to get out of school early.