Mr Football Semifinalists

BoardHater71

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets dont go there.Stephonski Wilkes averaged about 210 yards a game and didn't win.And teams knew he was going to get the ball.

Oh, I'll go there. He averaged less yards per game than the other finalists, and he got the ball more. I can remember you blowing this out of proportion when they were announced last year. He got beat on paper by the other nominees and didn't get his team far. In 1A football, one player can do a lot. Nobody besides you thought he should've been a finalist, nobody. No offense, but did he even get to play college ball? Warbritton's case is completely different. There's a false equivalency here. The Wilkes kid just got beat, simple. A finalist should be able to beat teams like South Fulton and Halls and lead their teams to at least a playoff appearance in 1A. Heck, both Warbrittons would do that. I don't have a dog in this fight, but you set yourself up for that one. He didn't "deserve" to be a finalist anyway you slice or dice it. I got to see the kid play. I'm just an unbiased spectator that's telling you the truth. You couldn't have gave that kid a finalist spot based on the voting criteria. Anyway you slice or dice it, he lost. I know you're a fan of LC, but try to embrace the truth here. Nobody besides LC fans campaigned for him on here (including me). I got to watch him twice in 15', once against a good team and against a team with a losing record in 1A. There's kids outside of Tiptonville. You say 215 yards a game like that's so conclusive no one else has a shot. You also have to take into account a lot of nominees play in several one half games. Warbritton and many others have that trumped. I watched Dresser Winn have over 400 (300 passing and 100 rushing) total yards of offense in his first game ever his freshman year on a Thursday in week 0 against Martin Westview. Westview lost on a last minute play in the quarterfinals in 3A that year. You have to take a lot of things into account, but I can understand people from Lake County with a dog in the fight being passionate.

Edited by TNHSFootballGenius

Oh, I'll go there. He averaged less yards per game than the other finalists, and he got the ball more. I can remember you blowing this out of proportion when they were announced last year. He got beat on paper by the other nominees and didn't get his team far. In 1A football, one player can do a lot. Nobody besides you thought he should've been a finalist, nobody. No offense, but did he even get to play college ball? Warbritton's case is completely different. There's a false equivalency here. The Wilkes kid just got beat, simple. A finalist should be able to beat teams like South Fulton and Halls and lead their teams to at least a playoff appearance in 1A. Heck, both Warbrittons would do that. I don't have a dog in this fight, but you set yourself up for that one. He didn't "deserve" to be a finalist anyway you slice or dice it. I got to see the kid play. I'm just an unbiased spectator that's telling you the truth. You couldn't have gave that kid a finalist spot based on the voting criteria. Anyway you slice or dice it, he lost. I know you're a fan of LC, but try to embrace the truth here. Nobody besides LC fans campaigned for him on here (including me). I got to watch him twice in 15', once against a good team and against a team with a losing record in 1A. There's kids outside of Tiptonville. You say 215 yards a game like that's so conclusive no one else has a shot. You also have to take into account a lot of nominees play in several one half games. Warbritton and many others have that trumped. I watched Dresser Winn have over 400 (300 passing and 100 rushing) total yards of offense in his first game ever his freshman year on a Thursday in week 0 against Martin Westview. Westview lost on a last minute play in the quarterfinals in 3A that year. You have to take a lot of things into account, but I can understand people from Lake County with a dog in the fight being passionate.

I can go back and find a l,ot of posters that thought he should win if you want me to go back and paste them. And he had several offers but didn't have the grades .And yes I believe he is playing somewhere but is red shirting .Had he been on a team with a 10-0 record, would have made a difference .Another  difference .He had to play againgt Dresden while Winn played against Lake Co's  defens e.He should have had 700 yards alone against themL ake Co.1968 would have his yardage per carry .Anyway .I thought Winn would have won this year but Congrats to Rice on the award

Edited by mrbigster

I can go back and find a l,ot of posters that thought he should win if you want me to go back and paste them. And he had several offers but didn't have the grades .And yes I believe he is playing somewhere but is red shirting .Had he been on a team with a 10-0 record, would have made a difference .Another difference .He had to play againgt Dresden while Winn played against Lake Co's defens e.He should have had 700 yards alone against themL ake Co.1968 would have his yardage per carry .Anyway .I thought Winn would have won this year but Congrats to Rice on the award

Huh? Do you realize academics are part of the voting criteria? On that alone and his numbers on the field, you should just be thankful he was a semi-finalist. We'll just have to agree to disagree, but you don't have to find anything and go through the trouble. I have a memory. Your were a lone crusader despite maybe some fellow Falcons, but nobody in their right mind thought he should win based on meritorious value. I didn't watch the LC and Dresden game in person. I got to check out UC more than anybody last year, but you're using an illogical argument. One player gets to play a half, the other plays the entire game. That's also just one game. I have no idea what that has to do with 1968. If you take a kid like Ricky Henry from UC a few years back and put him on LC, he beats Halls and South Fulton, end of story. There's no numbers or good arguments to help you position here. I understand, though. You're just a faithful fan that's in favor of LC. There's nothing wrong with that.