Dobbuns Bent-It on tha warpath two Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Lest the Kingsport faithful completely throw in the towel on this game, let me remind you that DB has beaten Maryville twice in the past.

D-B fans know the truth. Its pretty simple. I will give D-B a lot of credit for not letting their season completely unravel and getting a nice road playoff win over Smyrna but in reality this is a below average D-B team and Maryville is Maryville..... the faces for Maryville change every year but the results don't change. Maryville put up 56 points on D-B earlier this year when Maryville wasn't playing their best football. I think everyone knows this game will get out of hand quickly. I just hope for a safe, injury free game and safe travels for all.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....But I'm sure they will do well if not win their competition.....

The level of performance at Grand Nationals is extreemly high. DB will be doing great to just make finals (top 10). In fact I hear that is a goal. Never done it before.

Reference Broken Arrow HS. They perform at a higher level. You have to see to believe. Sorta like Maryville football.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3lfPz93Yzk

The level of performance at Grand Nationals is extreemly high. DB will be doing great to just make finals (top 10). In fact I hear that is a goal. Never done it before.

Reference Broken Arrow HS. They perform at a higher level. You have to see to believe. Sorta like Maryville football.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3lfPz93Yzk

I've been to football games at Broken Arrow. They also have 4,975 students.

Edited by tulsaunion

Lest the Kingsport faithful completely throw in the towel on this game, let me remind you that DB has beaten Maryville twice in the past.

Funny you should mention that, I know someone that actually was on the Maryville team back in 1944 and 1945 when they lost to Kingsport D-B. The man I know was actually a member of the 1951 Tennessee National Championship team which he let me take a picture of him out in his garage this summer holding a picture of the team and he was wearing his championship ring also that day. He is one of the very few living members of that team now. His name is Ollie Keller and the man served as head coach at Maryville in 1956 and he told me Memphis State came calling offering him an assistant coaching position and he really had no choice but to take it because the pay was so much more and he had a couple of kids and a family he had to think about first. Ollie is known as one of the greatest players in Maryville's History and you can google him for more info. Thought you might enjoy that Blazer1set when I saw you mentioned those two loses.b4u5bk.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

Funny you should mention that, I know someone that actually was on the Maryville team back in 1944 and 1945 when they lost to Kingsport D-B. The man I know was actually a member of the 1951 Tennessee National Championship team which he let me take a picture of him out in his garage this summer holding a picture of the team and he was wearing his championship ring also that day. He is one of the very few living members of that team now. His name is Ollie Keller and the man served as head coach at Maryville in 1956 and he told me Memphis State came calling offering him an assistant coaching position and he really had no choice but to take it because the pay was so much more and he had a couple of kids and a family he had to think about first. Ollie is known as one of the greatest players in Maryville's History and you can google him for more info. Thought you might enjoy that Blazer1set when I saw you mentioned those two loses.b4u5bk.jpg

Cool , thanks for sharing that Barn !

Great story!!