Smith County Coaching

zoneread56

im sorry but getting 4th in region with the decent talent they have is sorry.. maynard won with less in stronger districts.. the players have been out into bad situations from the start of the dickerson regime and have choked in big games.. in 2015 they definitely had the talent to get it done as well as 2013.. upperman that year had one player and they won every game but 1 so you can win with minimal talent in that region

Upperman has one exceptional athlete and 4 or 5 pretty good athletes. I get being upset I think YAI should have done better this year but at the end of the day it's 14-18 yr old boys so you never know what's gonna happen.

Upperman has one exceptional athlete and 4 or 5 pretty good athletes. I get being upset I think YAI should have done better this year but at the end of the day it's 14-18 yr old boys so you never know what's gonna happen.

good point but a coaching staff that has lost the players is never a good combination for winning

good point but a coaching staff that has lost the players is never a good combination for winning

A child choosing not to play a sport can not be put solely on a coach. I know when I played we lost several good football players not because of coaching. At this age group they have choices have a vehicle and a girl or play ball. You'll loose half just from that choice. So my feeling is if a kid chooses not to play if he had stayed and played he isn't committed either way. That's just an opinion. Just remember it's not all coaches when your dealing with young boys/men

From the best I can tell:

1. All players have graduated

2. The program has not been cited with a single TSSAA violation

3. The staff has stressed the importance of sportsmanship

4. No unsportsmanlike penalties( may be redundant of # 3)

5. The players have represented their school respectfully on public appearances ( Actually heard that they had been commended for behavior on 2 separate occasions while visiting restaurants)

Did you see those successes?

Sounds like a Vanderbilt fan 😂😂

From the best I can tell:

1. All players have graduated

2. The program has not been cited with a single TSSAA violation

3. The staff has stressed the importance of sportsmanship

4. No unsportsmanlike penalties( may be redundant of # 3)

5. The players have represented their school respectfully on public appearances ( Actually heard that they had been commended for behavior on 2 separate occasions while visiting restaurants)

Did you see those successes?

What do u mean of (4)?

Is the guy's job seriously in jeopardy? If not the Smith Co faithful need to stop all the whining and get behind him and the boys and support him. Times are changing and the way the game and played, practiced, and approached is changing.  

Smith Co you have a great program, just because the 8+ wins a season are not happening every year does not mean good things aren't happening. Be supportive not destructive!

Edited by nunnford

I'll start and stop with your #1

If it is your sincere belief that SCHS should have finished #1 in the region just once in the last 4 years, you not only lost all credibility with me, but also with all Upperman, Dekalb, LA and Sequatchie people over that span. Nobody has beaten Seq this year,yet, I repeat nobody. In '13 Upperman lost only to Alcoa. In '15 they lost only to Cookeville,Stone,ND. LA lost only to Hixson and Loudon in'14. Again, if you believe SCHS should have finished 1st in any one of those years, I WILL RESPECTFULLY, remove myself from this conversation due to the fact that I can't have an intelligent conversation alone.2-5 are moot. Pardon me,2-Etc

Really?  How many times did SC enter the season under the previous coaching staff not expecting to finish in the top 2 in the district or region?  How many times under the present coaching staff has SC entered the season just hoping to make the playoffs? We won't even discuss WINNING a playoff game or a home playoff game. 

Have you been to a game? Have you noticed you can set anywhere you want? Have you noticed that visitors bring more to the game than SC has in the stands anymore?  From 85 kids playing to 30? Have you noticed that all the things you mentioned in your 1st post have never been an issue at SC, so why bring them up now in defense of this staff?? 

SC v York. Last home game, Sr. night and the stands are not 1/2 full. Did you notice the 21 point lead blown in the 3rd quarter? In SC, got to be kidding. 

So, I'll ask you Stuntwoman, what will be different in the next year or two, that will be different from what we've seen the last 3/4 years??  I'll answer that for you..........Our kids will graduate, they will be polite and be good sportsmen while getting beat, They will say No Ma'am when asked if they can win the district or region. And be respectful at McDonalds, Brenda's, Sonic or Pizza Hut.

Is the guy's job seriously in jeopardy? If not the Smith Co faithful need to stop all the whining and get behind him and the boys and support him. Times are changing and the way the game and played, practiced, and approached is changing.

Smith Co you have a great program, just because the 8+ wins a season are not happening every year does not mean good things aren't happening. Be supportive not destructive!

exactly the game is evolving and this coaching staff is being left behind... their training regimens are ancient it shows up on the field when the teams they play are faster and stronger and combine that with terrible game coach and it's bad