TC. Will be back.

Ole3putt

Just now, LeatherBalls said:

So then why don't you put that more on the players if you knew they felt that way instead of on the coaches, the offense "they should be in", who should be playing where, etc. etc. that you have stated. Then why did they play?  It is an extra curricular activity of choice.  I am self-choosing to play football but I don't want to play in the playoffs or even make the playoffs???
Help me and this thread understand that kind of thinking. 

You just stated that the stands were full the past 3 years............BUT didn't you say yesterday (or day before) that the attendance has declined since 2005?  Maybe that was someone else.  You are in a fantasy world.  #8 changing positions?  And if he does, he will quit?  Funny.  Where do you get your "insider" info?  Maybe your connections within the program are not connecting you very well.  Trust me, there is a ton of garbage info out there and this is a ton of it.  Just support.  Stop analyzing a high school football team.  Just support.  Tell those kids you are connected with that the bus is leaving.  It will roll no matter what and no matter who is driving it, but they need to decide to either get on it or stay off of it, and if they getting on the bus, they riding with a common purpose.  

By the way, there was a home playoff game in 2014  
Went 10 years without a playoff game period:  Before your time: '78-'88  (Playoff in '78 then finally getting back in '88).  

6 minutes ago, LeatherBalls said:

By the way, there was a home playoff game in 2014  
Went 10 years without a playoff game period:  Before your time: '78-'88  (Playoff in '78 then finally getting back in '88).  

OH AND TCHS WON THE REGION TITLE IN 2014.  Went 2 seasons without a region title!!!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.    

47 minutes ago, LeatherBalls said:

OH AND TCHS WON THE REGION TITLE IN 2014.  Went 2 seasons without a region title!!!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.    

I was right here in that 10 year playoff drought of 78-88... look the only thing that matters is that we support these kids and Teams. At the end of the day, whether you won or lost the sun is still going down and sun will come up tomm. So get off your tail and go support your local team no matter what sport it is.

2 hours ago, MOTO24 said:

I believe another factor in low attendance is all of the ridiculous district/region/classification shuffling that has gone on over the last several years.  Many of the traditional rivalries are gone or don't mean nearly as much.

South Pittsburg and Jasper have been going at it like a couple of brothers since 1922.  It was that way even when they went up to AA in the old A-AA-AAA system and when they were 3a.  Schools just have to latch on to those out of region (or district) rivals.  The Trouser Hosers have done that with Gordy and unFCS.

Edited by rlh

15 minutes ago, MarionMadness said:

Trousdale County might be back next year but so will Marion County. We will be good and a favorite as long as Coach Mathis stays with us. Good luck next year.

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!

TC will be back next year and I definitely expect you guys to be there as well. I predict we play you guys at The Creek Bank in quarterfinals next year. 

Just an FYI.... this thread was started over a year ago when TC fired the previous coach and was on a downward slide. 

A year later, TC is Region Champions and hosted 2 playoffs games. Granted, we all (TC) wanted more and i have no doubt that the players and coaches were working toward that ultimate goal. Coach W has been here less than a year and has got the train back on the tracks. No its not going full steam ahead yet but that will come with time. This years team was lead by a small Sr class that didnt have the best direction the previous 3 years. Alot of underclass man played and alot of injuries occurred. I once heard from a very knowledgeable coach that may or may not be in the TN HOF, that you can almost bet to have a loss for every freshman you  start over the course of the year, due to inexperience, size and strength. Im not sure exactly how many we started. Was it 4, maybe but just making the point that TC is young. That clearly showed up Friday night against MC. The warriors have been to 3 State Championships in a row. Do you think the underclassmen know how to win, You bet they do! 

TC will improve between now and the start of next year. Lets just hope and pray that the injury bug will find a different home come 2018. 

39 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Just an FYI.... this thread was started over a year ago when TC fired the previous coach and was on a downward slide. 

A year later, TC is Region Champions and hosted 2 playoffs games. Granted, we all (TC) wanted more and i have no doubt that the players and coaches were working toward that ultimate goal. Coach W has been here less than a year and has got the train back on the tracks. No its not going full steam ahead yet but that will come with time. This years team was lead by a small Sr class that didnt have the best direction the previous 3 years. Alot of underclass man played and alot of injuries occurred. I once heard from a very knowledgeable coach that may or may not be in the TN HOF, that you can almost bet to have a loss for every freshman you  start over the course of the year, due to inexperience, size and strength. Im not sure exactly how many we started. Was it 4, maybe but just making the point that TC is young. That clearly showed up Friday night against MC. The warriors have been to 3 State Championships in a row. Do you think the underclassmen know how to win, You bet they do! 

TC will improve between now and the start of next year. Lets just hope and pray that the injury bug will find a different home come 2018. 

You nailed it. These young boys have come a long ways in a year... Region Champions this year, to getting most of the kids first playoff win. Look for these young guys to get this train moving this year even more. Heck I picked my grandson up yesterday and they are already lifting and working toward next year. Good times right around corner. Heck after Friday night there is a possibility if they all win that three of TC losses are to teams going to semifinals .. stoled that one from cheese ! 

On 11/13/2017 at 10:31 AM, LeatherBalls said:

And that is a gross way to look at it!  Show they are a true contender...... Please!!!!!!  I'll be danged if a group of high school kids will be held ransom for "contender" status.  This isn't major college football where crowd size determines something.  

High School Football (HS Athletics as a whole) is a lesson of life and building humans.  It is a fantasy world.  HS athletics is a form of entertainment for communities and student bodies.  They are a means to show pride, love, and character of a school unit/family.  

The dang sooner you people get that through your heads, the better off the world will be.  If losing a HS football game or winning a HS football title is what determines your sanity or what kind of holiday season you have, then there is a problem.  

"Show they are a true contender......"  OR what?  We lose people coming to games?  They ain't coming anyway.  Lose you and...................what?  The whole HS mentality is totally out of whack.  This is fun (forums and websites and polls and radio shows).  This is about developing kids and using the game (sport(s)) to do so.  It is a small window of time for these young athletes.....a very fragile time as well.  The experiences during these times can change lives, both positively and negatively.  We just have to be sure we do everything we can to keep it on the + side.

Yeah, we push and get emotional and do everything we can to win.  That is why we play the game, but the journey and the process is far more valuable than any outcome.  

Crowds are down everywhere.  Oakland, Maryville, Marion, Trousdale, etc. etc. The list goes on and on.  
Community support is down everywhere.  HS ticket prices are up.  TSSAA is a JOKE for charging $8.00 for a first and second round ticket.  And they are going up for the last few rounds too.  

$12-14 for a State Title game ticket.  Look at state title game tickets.  I know a lady who paid $70 for her, her husband, and kids to come support their school team Friday night (A son on the team).  This is not counting concession snacks.  $100 for a HS football game????  

Live Radio/Internet hurts too.  Just the average Joe can sit at home and listen.  The outside atmosphere isn't intriguing.  Netflix and don't have to look for a parking spot.  

Students don't come out at small schools.  No pride No care in their classmates and school teams.  Too many other things to do.  Ticket prices hurt them too.  Plus, while at the game most will only stare at Facebook or Instagram or SnapChat.  Bigger schools have better student sections simply because of math.........more population = better percentage of getting kids involved.

I just had to put it out there.  

01DCB53C-3F70-4781-B0E3-E294792F8C21.gif

9 hours ago, MarionMadness said:

Trousdale County might be back next year but so will Marion County. We will be good and a favorite as long as Coach Mathis stays with us. Good luck next year.

FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!

Those mighty Pirates snatched that beard out this year. 

15 hours ago, Volstate said:

You know what, the other poster was right, if you are gonna have fans stop coming to a game because of a loss to a friendship team who is still undefeated right now, tell them to go get another team. RTD I have been in this county for over 57 years. These sports programs deserve people to support these kids no matter what. By the way I haven’t missed a home game since 2002. The student section has been non existent since 2009 to be honest. Students don’t care bout sports. 

Your right just wish the team could get the support that past teams have gotten from the town even if The stundents dont come come