Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to wish both teams good luck tomorrow night, hope both come away healthy and the best team win! I can't take another week on here with all the controversy like with SP vs Fville and HHS vs NCS! And I'm not predicting a WC win tomorrow night by saying that, I'll be on here regardless because I love high school football!

Well me and 89 kinda have a history. We have been following each other's schools since 2009. So it's a lot like routing for an old friend.

It's the end of an era in many ways. We will all be in different classes and the end of the Rice era at WC as well. Every one of these games has the potential of being the last game for a lot of players. My heart goes out to all of them and also the moms and dads who are possibly watching their boys strap it up for the last time. Mine has another year after this, but I know that is going to be a rough time for me.  Lord protect our boys and let 'em play hard but safe games. In Jesus name, Amen.

Thanks Swo, four very good teams fixin to square off tomorrow night! I would hate to bet on who the winners will be! I think WC has what it takes to beat NCS this year but at this point in the season it's anybody's game. Who wants it the most

- pulling for a UC and WC win. Good luck tomorrow guys! Edited by PIRATE87

Guest hevyrevy1611

**WARNING! .. LONG POST AHEAD** :D (If your brain is easily overtaxed, or you have frail eyes, or a closed-mind, or easily bored, STOP HERE! Haha!) :D Yeppers, I am that One Dresden fan making all these loud boasts & crazy claims. And I get it. I know all about what you're saying. I understand much more than you'll ever think I do (and I still don't know very much!). Those who deem themselves as practical realists, scientific minded, "show me first then I'll believe it", saying "don't count your chickens before they hatch", and such ideas as these will think my positive & encouraging "futuristic" statements and bold claims about Dresden are out of line, too arrogant & cocky, even demeaning & derogatory to other teams. That I don't know what I'm saying or doing. That I've overstepped the bounds of politeness and entered the realm of rudeness. And give what they believe is a multitude of evidence to prove their position. Well, that's fine, I've been there & done that too (oh, if you only knew!). But for those who are still teachable I want you to put your thinking caps on and consider this: Look around you, at literally every single "thing" you see. All of it. Ponder mankind's inventions, medical procedures, modern technology, buildings & bridges, gadgets & gizmos, devices and tools, vehicles of all kinds, things that travel on the land, air, sea, even under it, machines on other planets & travelling through space, on & on it goes.. all of this you now see and everything done throughout the history of mankind, all of humanity's inventions and physical achievements, it all first started as an idea. A vision. A "futuristic" dream & concept in someone's mind. Much of what we take for granted now as part of our everyday lives was once mocked, ridiculed, "proven" impossible & undoable by the experts, so-called scientists, & practical realists of yesteryear. Before it happens almost everyone doubts, denies, scorns & sneers, laughs at and lampoons, shoots down & tries to prove that the big idea of the eccentric dreamer is impossible. They give what they think are "facts & figures", "stats & analytical findings", "proven science", "the consensus of experts", "historical traditions" & "official dogma" that everyone has "known" for thousands of years and it proves beyond all doubt such undeniable truths, like: the earth is flat, man can never fly, going into space is a farce, the earth is the center of the universe, if man goes too fast (over 50 mph I think was the limit) the skin will peel off of his face, it's humanly impossible for humans to lift over 500 lbs. or run a mile in under 4 mins., we will never do 'this' because everyone 'knows' it can't be done, ha, Donald Trump will never win a presidential election, et cetera, et al, ad nauseum. Isn't this our history? The story of humanity? The default setting and thinking patterns of most humans? Did you know that the US Patent Office back in the early 1900's seriously considered closing down because they believed all the inventions that could ever be created had already been made? That mankind had reached the zenith & epitome of invention? True. So said the realists & practical minded people, the scientists, experts & officials back then, and this same crowd is still saying it today. (Study our real history, not the official & approved & sanitized version of it [like was done in 'Planet Of The Apes'], you'll be amazed at what you discover!). And today those of such temperaments & mindsets are still trying to keep visionaries & big-thinkers grounded to earth, to get your head out of the clouds, to get real & be practical, saying don't believe it nor even claim it until you see it. .. But, I counter: how unreasonable is that when you just stop to think about it? Turn off the TV and apply logic, reasoning, & common sense. Things don't just accidentally happen.. "Poof!" there it is. How did it all get here? Where did it come from? How was that deed accomplished? That feat achieved? That device I'm using come into existence? (Think people ...THINK!) ... The Creator of the seen & unseen universe first had a plan, an idea, a dream & vision and then He spoke it into existence & made man with His own hands. The Word says God declares the end from the beginning (ponder on that). And so it is with humans who are made in God's image & likeness. All we do, every accomplishment, every invention, every book or work of art or piece of music ever done by humanity... ALL of it is first a thought, an idea, an imagination & "far-fetched" dream in someone's heart & mind. Most "realists" will say it is outlandish, poppycock, crazy, senseless, insane & idiotic, proud arrogance & out-of-hand idealism to make such wild & lofty claims... until it is done. Everything is impossible until the "insane idiot" does it, then they are called heroes & geniuses. And all these deeds are first done within one's heart. It's real and already accomplished inside the mind of the person doing it before anyone else ever sees it on this earth. Architects. Inventors. Cabinet makers. Blacksmiths. Athletes. Builders. Machinists. Writers. Artists. Songwriters. Etc. They all demonstrate what I'm sharing, that anything ever done is accomplished first within one's mind & heart, then it happens on the outside. You have to see it and believe within yourself first, whole & complete and already done, before it can ever happen out in the 'real world'. (Put that in your pipe and smoke on it awhile). Even legitimate science verifies these things. In fact, one of the greatest and little-known inventors of history, Nikola Tesla, said all of his incredible inventions came to him as full, working models in his dreams as he slept. Then there are the modern findings of quantum physics and how our minds and ideas effect the world around us, which echoes what I'm talking about. And what the recent experiments with water and rice by Mr. Emoto has demonstrated about the power of our words and affirmations and even prayers (which the Bible has taught for many generations) comes into play here. Many more such stories can be used to reveal these principles I'm sharing. Truths that the wise will learn, embrace, and practice in every area of life. So you can be practical and a "down-to-earth realist" all you want, but this ol dumb uneducated hick from the sticks who is the 'town jester' and 'crazy fan' will continue to be who I am. People with "Positive Mental Attitudes" are the ones who gets things done, not the "let's hold back now and be realistic & practical" crowd. The 'can-do' people not the 'it-can't-be-done' folk. Winners not whiners. Whatever the mind of man can conceive & believe he can achieve. GIGO: Garbage in, garbage out, or, Good in, good out. Whatever you sow that shall you reap (and it will be a thousand-fold return too, whatever the seed was, that is your harvest). Whether a man thinks he can, or thinks he can't, he's right. As a man thinketh in his heart, so he becomes. Thomas Didymus said (in essence), "I don't care what everyone says, unless I see His wounds & scars for myself I won't believe". Jesus says (in essence): "He who believes first, in spite of what everyone else says, is the blessed one." And "With man it's impossible but with God all things are possible", and many more such truths & promises. So you, dear reader, can say all you want and think whatever you want about me and all this, and be one of those "I won't believe it until I see it" people. Or "when it happens then you can claim it" folk. Laugh, mock, scorn, caution me, deride, shake your head, and do all you want. Think & say what you want. But all of history has shown, every invention & accomplishment of humanity proves, various disciplines of science reveals it, and even Jesus & the Bible teaches this truth: "Unless you first believe it, you'll never see it". .. (read that again & again until it sinks in). That's the ground I stand on. Positivity, encouragement, having a focused heart, belief & faith, having a vision & goals, working with a purpose and a plan, achieving the seemingly impossible, dream big and do it even bigger, accomplishing what others say can't be done, courageously doing what doubters & naysayers just know is impossible, using positive and empowering words, speaking out and affirming what your dream is not what the destructive doubters say... all this and more is what this fan is about, what this man is about! Yes, I am "one of those". You can say "Impossible". I say "Inevitable!". You say "Unachievable", I say "Unavoidable". You say "But..", I say "Believe!". You say "Doubt", I say "Do it!" I would rather shout out and believe my positive dreams and perhaps achieve them instead of stand on doubt, hesitation, and think "maybe we won't" and hit it every time. PRAISE THE LORD! GLORY TO THE HIGHEST! HALLELUJAH! THANKS BE TO GOD! ... YES!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Most agree that this years teams in 1A are some of the strongest ever. Were the eventual winner of the Gold Ball earn that coveted award with an undefeated record, and almost all their wins (regular season AND playoffs) were done by huge wins, and they averaged very high scores in the wins (most mercy rule games), and only very low scores and stats for the worthy, good teams they beat... Were the Gold Ball winner to do this I say such a team would be one of best ever. Why not? Dominant wins over everyone. On both sides of ball. The defense stopped and limited the other high power team with high-calibre athletes and award winning players. It was a jaw-dropping surprise none saw coming. Shut em down and soundly thrashed them. Even those highly recruited big-college players. They were overshadowed by the much better winner of Gold. So yes.. This scenario would be waaay up the ladder for calling it the best team ever. For sure the best team at that school. But of course the pride, tradition, community spirit and family ties of other past teams at other rich-tradition programs with their own amazing achievements, such will never admit another team was better than their best team(s). Humans don't usually do that. So I predicting, saying ahead of time in faith & believe that our Lions will win big in 2016 playoffs against the best of the best. There will be no doubt after each game. The win will be convincing in every area. They were great teams that Dresden played, but our Lions are just that much better. This is my crazy dream I saying out loud. :D But whether we win big & boldly, or ugly & barely, no Lion thinks it'll be an easy cakewalk or not a battle of the ages against amazing teams & winning programs, with much more rich & better history than us newbies at this trophy stuff. But winning against such championship teams will inspire Lions to do the same. To eventually equal then surpass the records & awards of the best of the best. If others did so, why not us? If others, Why NOT US?.. Well, it CAN be and WILL BE us if we do the same things, have same heart & habits, emulate their attitudes, execute plays like them, same discipline.. Do as good as these worthy champions, plus a little better. Good, better, best, never let it rest until your good becomes better, and your better becomes best.. with a never-ending progression & striving to be, no matter how great one is, to be faster, stronger, smarter, tougher, better... always better. Do so in the little things, at every practice, in academics, in community service, in family & friendships, in respect & learning from all, and on every down in each game. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little bit of extra. Do so one day at a time, one game at a time, one season at a time, and do it year after year over a very long time... Then you got something. Now you're a top-calibre team. And YOU as a player, as a team, and as a community will know it! The haters are always gonna hate, doubters doubt, and whiners make excuses and poke holes fault finding with anything possible. But you'll know, and the ones who matter to you will know & care too. And that's what counts! Without such a dream, vision, plan, & goal... why even try? Yes the game itself, win or lose, is VERY VALUABLE and teaches amazing lessons in life. But if you say you want to be winners & champions... rather than just try & hope to compete, that makes it different. And it's these such differences & qualities of building & being champions I have been sharing. And will continue to do so as needed. Perhaps. We_'ll see. But for now, in 2016 GO LIONS! Prove to everyone you ARE the champs! Leave no doubt! One at a time men. Take care of Union City tomorrow. The harder the battle the sweeter the victory. So do it... DO IT BIG!