Rd.3: Union City at Dresden rematch.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Dresden fans, there is unknown in the west, just as there is in the east.  You have no idea what you will face after what you hope is a win in this round.  You haven't come close to seeing UCs best effort.  What makes you or any other poster confident in a matchup against WC or NCS?  All anyone can do is guess. There are still a lot of good teams left in the playoffs and you know nothing about them. We (NCS) had a couple of years where we beat everyone by 50 or more and were just cruising to do it. Two years ago we shut out 3A power East High School holding them to seven yards total offense and thought we were invincible. We had a reality check in the form of a 35 zip loss in the semis to UC.  Dont get too happy over beating a bunch of cupcakes and beating a team who handed the ball off to you all night. A tough game is coming.  

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize if I grouped people in my previous comments, it seemed I had seen several Dresden fans saying as much, it certainly could have been the same person. I do believe Dresden has the best balanced team in 1A this year. They are well coached, very disciplined, and are fundamentally sound, but you have to win a Championship before one can say they are the best. Agreed, if Dresden wins state, they should be considered as Dresden's best team in school history. Unlike previous years, the competition is a little tougher this year. The east will finally put a true contender in the State Championship.

They are already the best team in Dresden history. You dont have to win a championship to be that.

Dresden fans, there is unknown in the west, just as there is in the east. You have no idea what you will face after what you hope is a win in this round. You haven't come close to seeing UCs best effort. What makes you or any other poster confident in a matchup against WC or NCS? All anyone can do is guess. There are still a lot of good teams left in the playoffs and you know nothing about them. We (NCS) had a couple of years where we beat everyone by 50 or more and were just cruising to do it. Two years ago we shut out 3A power East High School holding them to seven yards total offense and thought we were invincible. We had a reality check in the form of a 35 zip loss in the semis to UC. Dont get too happy over beating a bunch of cupcakes and beating a team who handed the ball off to you all night. A tough game is coming.

. No one is saying this isn't going to be a tough game. I'm sorry we feel good about our team and like our chances please forgive us

Dresden is very good. They have a complete team this year. This is there year to win it. Union City has been there and done that. I truly believe that UC will make this game very interesting and could win this game. I personally think that Wayne County is the best team in 1a this season. Coach Rice of Wayne Co is a great coach and will be the difference from here on out. Good luck to both Dresden and Union City Friday night may the best team win with no injuries to either squad.

They are already the best team in Dresden history. You dont have to win a championship to be that.

Yes they are the most talented team in Dresden's history. I consider the only team to make it to the championship the best team, up to this point. If this team makes it (don't have to win) they will no doubt be the best team, for Dresden, in history. 

Glad we play the game and keep score, otherwise we would all be right. 1A has some good teams this year and am looking forward to watching UC play at Dresden Friday night Good luck to both teams. And definitely looking forward to watching the following Friday night matchup whoever that might be.

No doubt the next three games will good games no matter who is there. Most of us have been wanting to see a Dresden v WC but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it's NCS v UC next week either. 

The rain & winds in the forecast does make me a little more nervous for Dresden. I'm sure Rang has a great game plan with the forecast in mind though. Also not knowing what UC really looks like since we played them. Dresden was also without some key players in the previous meeting. I think the score will no doubt be closer than the last game but my Lions are on a mission & refuse to lose.