NCS @ WC round 3

wildcat89

From the Tennessean:

Nashville Christian (10-2) At Wayne County (12-0)

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

Mr. Football finalist Preston Rice (3,316 total yards, 49 total TDs) and Wayne County face off with Nashville Christian in the quarterfinals for the third time in as many seasons. Defending Class 1A champion Nashville Christian, which survived a second-round scare from Huntingdon, has taken the last two quarterfinals by a combined 55-21, but this time the Wildcats will be hosting.

The pick: Wayne Co. 27, Nashville Christian 21

They should do a more complete job of journalism and report that there is another Mr. Football finalist in this game.

Don't know what to think about this weather. We need the rain badly but hope it holds off until after game.

Gonna be close... Computer predictors showing rain in West Tn. aound 7pm and moving on into Mid Tn. around 9pm... Might be rain in thd second half might hold off til after the game... It's supposed to be drying up the system as it approaches, not a drought busting rain, but rather just showers... Right now I'll take what we get. It be dry. No rain here in MP since early Sept.. Almost 2 full months no rain.

These boys have all worked hard to get to this point. This game has been "The" game that the they have prepared for all year. Even last year when NCS won the State Title, this game was the best game from a pure spectator view of the year, I am sure that both teams are preparing for a battle. 

I personally love this. Win or lose, both team will leave it all on the field. My opinion is that the competition in 1A (West) football is what football is all about. (looks like there are some good schools coming up in the East so no disrespect).

Small schools, athletes playing both ways, it doesn't get any better. May each Team play their best. 

But Go Eagles!

These boys have all worked hard to get to this point. This game has been "The" game that the they have prepared for all year. Even last year when NCS won the State Title, this game was the best game from a pure spectator view of the year, I am sure that both teams are preparing for a battle.

I personally love this. Win or lose, both team will leave it all on the field. My opinion is that the competition in 1A (West) football is what football is all about. (looks like there are some good schools coming up in the East so no disrespect).

Small schools, athletes playing both ways, it doesn't get any better. May each Team play their best.

But Go Eagles!

I agree, it will be a battle by two teams that have gained much respect for one another. NCS has been the winner the past few years but left the field knowing they were in a battle! This years WC team has had this date marked on the calendar since leaving Nashville last year with a loss and the seniors don't want to end their high school careers with another loss to NCS in their final game down by the creek! I'm looking for a very intense group of Wildcats to take the field Friday night, but at the same time we all know that NCS will show up to play!