The future of GCA football.....?

oathkeeper1

McKamey has wasted a lot of talent at GCA

Not just him, but GCA as a whole has wasted alot of talent and seasons

They had SEVERAL, and I do mean SEVERAL chances and they blew them all

I used to root for them and predict them to win it all in years past.

But now i dont trust that team

Same old Grace

I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT!

Edited by ChrisBurr555555

Don't know anything about Coach McKamey wanting to leave. I guess it is possible....anything is these days. He is a Clinton guy, afterall. I hope all of our coaches stay put and develop the young talent we have at GCA.

As for the kids that bolted to Catholic......one of them made a family choice that I don't have a problem with. He wasn't nearly as developed as his brothers were, but now he is hitting his stride and learning from his stud brother. I'm guessing the switch will help him in the long run. I hope so for his sake....good kid!

The other two....good bye....adios....don't need those selfish attitudes and overzealous parents around our school. Kids come to GCA for much more than a sports program. We have a ton of GCA lifers (contrary to all the small school complaints) that are great leaders, good students and a core of pretty darn good athletes, coming up in the system.

A wise man said more than once, "I'd rather lose with mine, than win with yours!" We may not win state championships (most don't), but most of our kids will win at life....eternally (sadly, many don't.) I'll take that all day long.

Don't know anything about Coach McKamey wanting to leave. I guess it is possible....anything is these days. He is a Clinton guy, afterall. I hope all of our coaches stay put and develop the young talent we have at GCA.

As for the kids that bolted to Catholic......one of them made a family choice that I don't have a problem with. He wasn't nearly as developed as his brothers were, but now he is hitting his stride and learning from his stud brother. I'm guessing the switch will help him in the long run. I hope so for his sake....good kid!

The other two....good bye....adios....don't need those selfish attitudes and overzealous parents around our school. Kids come to GCA for much more than a sports program. We have a ton of GCA lifers (contrary to all the small school complaints) that are great leaders, good students and a core of pretty darn good athletes, coming up in the system.

A wise man said more than once, "I'd rather lose with mine, than win with yours!" We may not win state championships (most don't), but most of our kids will win at life....eternally (sadly, many don't.) I'll take that all day long.

You obviously know nothing about those two young men or their overzealous parents or how many years they unselfishly labored for GCA. So my advice to you is, dont worry about the decision that was made. It's none of your business. Edited by Cowboys14

You obviously know nothing about those two young men or their overzealous parents or how many years they unselfishly labored for GCA. So my advice to you is, dont worry about the decision that was made. It's none of your business.

More than you think. Nowhere near as many as most of ours have supported this school. Advice taken....no worries here....we are all very happy about it, as I am sure you are. Less "I" attitudes = better "team" chemistry and less program drama. You have a great athlete on your hands. I wish him good health and a stellar career.   

Back in the summer before practice or 7 on 7's started I thought to myself inside that GCA would end up 3-7 because you don't lose 22 seniors from the year before in 2A and bounce back. These boy's went to Tennessee Tech during a 7 on 7 camp with many teams across the state and came in first which gave me some hope these kids want to play. I would have been willing to bet anyone the four teams that they played in higher classifications would have won by fifty points also but ended up they were actually in three of those games until late. I can't think of very many teams other than maybe the top six or seven in 2A that would have done any better. I also felt they wouldn't stand a chance against AE because the Webb game proved to me they couldn't handle speed. When I look back on that game half of AE's points came from just pure blunders. GCA had the ball inside the ten twice and failed to score. The first playoff game they bounced back and showed up and played great. The last game something was terribly wrong and you could feel it in your gut if you watched that game, The defense dug in and stopped HV a handful of times in the red zone which was a positive but the offense would turn around and just hand it back. When they lined up in the Michigan I formation and instead of snapping the ball the qb would turn around and look at the coach on the sidelines like a lost dog and fifteen seconds are gone nothing is gained or second down and one and we pass it only to get sacked or an incomplete pass. Very hard as a fan to watch stuff like that go on like better luck the next time we get the ball. Anyway's all said and done  this team did a lot batter than I ever though and enjoyed watching them play all year long and they will have a lot of good returning players coming back for 2017 but not sure what the situation will be far as scheduling and what that will look like. I do hate it so bad their not playing in the public school classes anymore even though some of those places hated GCA they will miss the crowds they brought and the rivalries which make football fun. 

• Upvote 1

Back in the summer before practice or 7 on 7's started I thought to myself inside that GCA would end up 3-7 because you don't lose 22 seniors from the year before in 2A and bounce back. These boy's went to Tennessee Tech during a 7 on 7 camp with many teams across the state and came in first which gave me some hope these kids want to play. I would have been willing to bet anyone the four teams that they played in higher classifications would have won by fifty points also but ended up they were actually in three of those games until late. I can't think of very many teams other than maybe the top six or seven in 2A that would have done any better. I also felt they wouldn't stand a chance against AE because the Webb game proved to me they couldn't handle speed. When I look back on that game half of AE's points came from just pure blunders. GCA had the ball inside the ten twice and failed to score. The first playoff game they bounced back and showed up and played great. The last game something was terribly wrong and you could feel it in your gut if you watched that game, The defense dug in and stopped HV a handful of times in the red zone which was a positive but the offense would turn around and just hand it back. When they lined up in the Michigan I formation and instead of snapping the ball the qb would turn around and look at the coach on the sidelines like a lost dog and fifteen seconds are gone nothing is gained or second down and one and we pass it only to get sacked or an incomplete pass. Very hard as a fan to watch stuff like that go on like better luck the next time we get the ball. Anyway's all said and done this team did a lot batter than I ever though and enjoyed watching them play all year long and they will have a lot of good returning players coming back for 2017 but not sure what the situation will be far as scheduling and what that will look like. I do hate it so bad their not playing in the public school classes anymore even though some of those places hated GCA they will miss the crowds they brought and the rivalries which make football fun.

Barney, it's been an EXTREME Pleasure having you around our program the past 2 years. You have a vast wealth of knowledge about East TN Football, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to read your posts. It was an honor to finally meet you a couple of weeks ago. I've told 19 that I wanted to meet you for some time. Hope you will stay in touch, even if it's just chiming in on our threads. Hope to run into you again soon, friend.

You obviously know nothing about those two young men or their overzealous parents or how many years they unselfishly labored for GCA. So my advice to you is, dont worry about the decision that was made. It's none of your business.

C'mon Big D, and I don't mean Dallas. There was only one "pair" of parents that "unselfishly labored" for GCA. Your efforts helped our youth program. You chose to leave and that's your decision. I stand with the GCA Poster that stands with the GCA Program and didn't quit. Best of luck to your family.

Edited by gcapride

Barney, it's been an EXTREME Pleasure having you around our program the past 2 years. You have a vast wealth of knowledge about East TN Football, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to read your posts. It was an honor to finally meet you a couple of weeks ago. I've told 19 that I wanted to meet you for some time. Hope you will stay in touch, even if it's just chiming in on our threads. Hope to run into you again soon, friend.

I'm very glad we met also, wish it had been sooner. This season has went by and in the books now but it has been one of my favorite years in a long time. When I walked out on the field after the game Friday Night it hit me that it was forty one years ago I was with my teammates for the last time together just as we were to get on the bus and head back home after a season ending loss in the second round of the playoffs when there were only three games period.  Following him and this being his last year brought all those memories back and even the one's from that last game and that last bus ride. I will be staying in touch with you to keep up on what's happening there and I plan on seeing some games again next year, I hope the team has a DVD of the season because I know I sure would wear it out watching all those games over and over again. I watched the Rockwood replay the other night on You Tube as I go through withdrawal syndrome believe it or not.  I also enjoyed all the other kids and watching them play also and that's why I plan on dropping in some next year to see them play again. I really hate the private ruling because I'm sort of out there on a cloud guessing who they will be scheduling and playing against next year. Also one of the things I loved about GCA was the support from good crowds and how close to the field you were in the stands and not having a track separating the players from the fans like most schools do now. Maryville and Alcoa are the same way and it's a totally different feeling.