Dresden Verses Wayne County

ysoangry

First of all....get that Glamour Shot profile pic of you down---it makes me feel uncomfortable; and second: If you've watched both teams play, you'd be a terrible prognosticator or gambler. 

I'd say there is a great potential for a running clock if the execution is there. 

Dont worry about my profile pic, I really dont care how it makes you feel, no need to comment about the rest of your post, the ignorance is obvious.....lol

the way I understand it is Rotary Club gets all if Dresden's cut in all games. Locals had to form The Quarterback Club to get money straight to sports program. The QBC done lots for team. Recently the Rotary Club did make some great improvements to stadium itself. But if it's money for team, or helping defray costs volunteer helpers/staff have, that has to come from QBC, which is a great group of supporters imo.

Actually the estate of Governor McWherter gave the money for upgrades. The Rotary club donates a small amount to the football yearly. The few years I was involved I think they gave 1400 per year or so. Reasonthe boys are using a weight room full of 1970's equipment. Off my soapbox now. lol

Actually the estate of Governor McWherter gave the money for upgrades. The Rotary club donates a small amount to the football yearly. The few years I was involved I think they gave 1400 per year or so. Reasonthe boys are using a weight room full of 1970's equipment. Off my soapbox now. lol

oh wow. I didn't know. I live in Sharon, fairly new to area. This makes it even worse. And the earlier poster asked is any other stadium/place like this in Dresden? I don't think so. I sure Roatarians are good as far as community groups go, but to greedily take all this money is to me a big negative & black eye for them. At least split it half with team. Spend money on desperately needed improvements to facilities. Do something for sports since it is the team that you are riding on the back of dear Rotarians. Literally stealing from kids the way things are now set up. Wish some rich person would build a new stadium/sports complex with gate & concessions going back into sports programs the way it should. Who ok'd this set up & arrangement with Roatary Club to begin with? Smells fishy to me. Worse than the hog farm does. Oh well.. Lions doing well in spite of it all.

oh wow. I didn't know. I live in Sharon, fairly new to area. This makes it even worse. And the earlier poster asked is any other stadium/place like this in Dresden? I don't think so. I sure Roatarians are good as far as community groups go, but to greedily take all this money is to me a big negative & black eye for them. At least split it half with team. Spend money on desperately needed improvements to facilities. Do something for sports since it is the team that you are riding on the back of dear Rotarians. Literally stealing from kids the way things are now set up. Wish some rich person would build a new stadium/sports complex with gate & concessions going back into sports programs the way it should. Who ok'd this set up & arrangement with Roatary Club to begin with? Smells fishy to me. Worse than the hog farm does. Oh well.. Lions doing well in spite of it all.

QB Club is what provides everything for the boys & you'd be surprised how few members there are. McWherter money took care of some MUCH needed renovations to the stadium. We still desperately need some new light poles & lights installed but I've been told Rotary won't pay for them even though it's "Rotary Field". They're barely still standing & are nothing but dangerous. I know they do good work in the community but something is not right about profiting off of the football team & keeping the majority of the money. Again thank goodness for the QB Club. They make sure those boys never go without & have built up an exceptional program. Off my rant.

Edited by Dtown364

Every poster will pull for their team but I'm not one that's going to make bold predictions for mine. If Dresden wins Friday night I'll be the first on here congratulating them and will be pulling for them in Cookeville. All I expect is the same from the Dresden fans. There will be no crying from WC if our team loses, don't believe me just ask NCS, they have put us out the last two years, as a matter of fact wc's last two losses have been to them. Do I think WC will beat Dresden? Yes. Will WC beat Dresden? I don't know

^^^^This^^^^ post is why I like the Wayne County program...most posters as well as the team have the mentality exemplified here. They go into every game confident, win with dignity, lose (not often) with class, and make no excuses. Won't hear any bragging before the games, or after...business as usual to put a great team on the field.

I remember my first year on the T good times. We went nuts talking about how Frienship didn't stand a chance against Dresden. I really hate the taste of crow. lol Glad those of us sitting in recliners typing on our phones don't have to play in this game with all this board material. No offense Mr Uncle but I'm not sure we have anyone running a 4:5 forty. Maybe Williams or Thomas. That is Matt Hewitt speed and we haven't had that at RB since he was there. Granted Dillion will outrun some and run through others and that's what makes him great. At this point in the season we have 4 very good teams left and any can win it all. That being said if Dresden plays like they are capable of they will be extremely hard to beat. I'm still at a toss up between these two team. Obviously leaning toward Dresden. Going to be a long week waiting for this game.

I highly doubt anyone on our team is 4.5s lol

I'm picking Dresden to win this game this year as they were my preseason pick to go to state because of their talented quarterback.  This should be a close and great football game and this game could go either way because the Wayne County Wildcats got a lot of talent as well.  Both are great schools and I wish both teams the best of luck, and to whoever wins bring it home for the west in the state championship the week after.

Also Lion fans you know what I think about them fireworks however I have before said in m posts if you win semifinals and make it to the big game then that is the time to do it and I dont think it is excessive celebration then.

Wildcats you represented our region well, and even though I hate some of these other teams in our district mostly due to traveling and the depth of some of us compared to some of them, I heard we might stay in a region with u guys and I hope we do as well whether we get revenge or you keep winning quality opponents that give you a challenge is always good and prepares you more come playoff time and hey its just more fun to watch and more fun for the high school kids on the field as well.  Wouldnt mind being in a region with Dresden again either we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Once again everyone stay healthy and Good Luck to both teams.  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well.  Both of yall deserve to be in the title game I believe so play hard and have a good game Friday win or lose.