7A

WildcatNation33

you gonna loose one of these games. LA or Jackson! and btw do you not know the history of the drama with players and coaches at PC. Don't get me started. Been around a lot longer than you i'm sure. Cheating, scandal relationships, divorces, etc.....You can't erase that past. I strive on the good ole days where the game mattered to the players. Now it's parents, who mostly don't have a clue, because it's all about their daughter or son. Playing on a Division III AAU team is like scrimmaging a group of gym rats at open gym. Don't start saying, "it's not a district game," that's what I'm talking about right there. Where is the heart in beating LA, like a drum, they are a rivalry, but it don't matter, they are not a district game....to the fans it does, always will. . . . . Bet on that.

It would be the upset of the year to lose to Jackson County. But they certainly can't overlook Jackson County since Clarkrange only beat them by 6. The LA win was big. If PC is going to lose it will be at Clarkrange but not for lack of effort...and I have been around a long time as well. This is no place to make up gossip about a team, school, parents whatever. Please list any town that does not have divorces and the rest of your comment is baseless. Going unbeaten is very difficult and losing one or two would be no big deal.

It would be the upset of the year to lose to Jackson County. But they certainly can't overlook Jackson County since Clarkrange only beat them by 6. The LA win was big. If PC is going to lose it will be at Clarkrange but not for lack of effort...and I have been around a long time as well. This is no place to make up gossip about a team, school, parents whatever. Please list any town that does not have divorces and the rest of your comment is baseless. Going unbeaten is very difficult and losing one or two would be no big deal.

After watching the game between these two teams I'm not sure i would classify it as the "upset of the year" to lose to Jackson County.  Pickett had no answer for Jackson County's post player tonight and had it not been for some horrific calls the outcome might have been different.  Now I'm not saying that JC would have won but the officiating clearly made a difference.  It was equally as bad for both teams.  When you foul out the entire starting 5 for one team it will affect the outcome of a game.  Keep in mind Jackson County played 2/3 zone the entire night, they did not press one time.  PC had just as many fouls called against them but they pressed the entire game which they should of because JC is better than they are in the half court or at least tonight they were and they are much deeper and thus was able to withstand the horrible calls made in this game. This was by far the worst officiated game i have ever witnessed.  Luke Dycus is as good an official as there is however he could not overcome the ineptness of the two clowns that he worked with tonight.  They wouldn't even be good officials in a Jr. Pro league let alone a high school game.  The bald headed guy that gave Coach Brown his first technical since 2004 was the worst official i have ever seen and I've seen some bad ones.  He fouled out our post player on a call where she was jogging down the court away from the ball, and contact was initiated twice by the player from Pickett County.  When he made the call he had to have a conference to figure out what to do and then decides to call her 5th foul on her which was made her the 3rd player for JC to foul out of the game.  He wasn't done then, he called the 5th foul on the last starter in the game for Jackson County on a charge where the PC player was still moving down the floor.  Pickett is the better team no question however Jackson County had a great game plan and could have won this game if they had been allowed to play in it.  Pickett is still the favorite to win the district and region but the girls from Jackson County are getting better every game.  Should be an interesting 2nd half of the season especially when these district teams have to travel to Gainesboro.  

After watching the game between these two teams I'm not sure i would classify it as the "upset of the year" to lose to Jackson County.  Pickett had no answer for Jackson County's post player tonight and had it not been for some horrific calls the outcome might have been different.  Now I'm not saying that JC would have won but the officiating clearly made a difference.  It was equally as bad for both teams.  When you foul out the entire starting 5 for one team it will affect the outcome of a game.  Keep in mind Jackson County played 2/3 zone the entire night, they did not press one time.  PC had just as many fouls called against them but they pressed the entire game which they should of because JC is better than they are in the half court or at least tonight they were and they are much deeper and thus was able to withstand the horrible calls made in this game. This was by far the worst officiated game i have ever witnessed.  Luke Dycus is as good an official as there is however he could not overcome the ineptness of the two clowns that he worked with tonight.  They wouldn't even be good officials in a Jr. Pro league let alone a high school game.  The bald headed guy that gave Coach Brown his first technical since 2004 was the worst official i have ever seen and I've seen some bad ones.  He fouled out our post player on a call where she was jogging down the court away from the ball, and contact was initiated twice by the player from Pickett County.  When he made the call he had to have a conference to figure out what to do and then decides to call her 5th foul on her which was made her the 3rd player for JC to foul out of the game.  He wasn't done then, he called the 5th foul on the last starter in the game for Jackson County on a charge where the PC player was still moving down the floor.  Pickett is the better team no question however Jackson County had a great game plan and could have won this game if they had been allowed to play in it.  Pickett is still the favorite to win the district and region but the girls from Jackson County are getting better every game.  Should be an interesting 2nd half of the season especially when these district teams have to travel to Gainesboro.  

Did the officials outscore JC 37-14 in the 2nd half? I don't remember then shooting any baskets. Pickett County was worn out from its big game the night before. LA's coach Leslie Smith said her team was worn out too when she spoke on the radio on Friday. It was the Pickett County defense that totally shut down Jackson County in the 2nd half. If JC didn't have the Shelbyville girl it was have been even a bigger blowout. If PC had been fresh it would have been by 25 or 30, not just 15.

District standings as they stand currently: 

1-2 PC and Clarkrange at 3-0

3. Jackson Co. 1-2

4. Clay County 0-2

5. Monterey 0-3

Huge showdown looming Friday night to decide the front runner in this district!! Jackson County and Clay County also square off Tuesday night for the first time and that should give an early indication of how those two will match up with each other. I see Jackson/Clay being a tight game and Clarkrange/Pickett on Friday night could possibly be the best high school girls matchup in the state on that night!!

I watched PC play Clay and I wasn't that impressed by all the talk. They play hard, hustle, and fast. With that being said no one in the district besides Clarkrange will give them much trouble.

Any team with size that's halfway athletic PC will struggle with. They turned the ball over a lot vs Clay which shouldn't happen. They should have an easy run to the the state but I don't think they have the size and depth to win the Gold ball.

If PC are hitting then I would take them by 5 since it's at Clarkrange. If Buck plays like she did vs Clay then Clarkrange will win.

Edited by Shozen

I watched PC play Clay and I wasn't that impressed by all the talk. They play hard, hustle, and fast. With that being said no one in the district besides Clarkrange will give them much trouble.

Any team with size that's halfway athletic PC will struggle with. They turned the ball over a lot vs Clay which shouldn't happen. They should have an easy run to the the state but I don't think they have the size and depth to win the Gold ball.

If PC are hitting then I would take them by 5 since it's at Clarkrange. If Buck plays like she did vs Clay then Clarkrange will win.

Not really sure what that last comment there means...Buck and Pritchett both had their points in the first half and by half time the game was well in hand. No reason to go overdo or show anything in the second half of a game that was almost 30 at the half...

Not impressed by all the talk? Not sure where the talk is coming from, and you must be someone that is pretty hard to impress...I mean the same Clay County team led Clarkrange last week for almost the entirety of the game before losing a close one and Clay was NEVER in the game last night...must be pretty tough to impress. 

That being said, Clay County is getting better and will get tougher to handle with each passing game. They may be a dark horse come tournament time!

Not really sure what that last comment there means...Buck and Pritchett both had their points in the first half and by half time the game was well in hand. No reason to go overdo or show anything in the second half of a game that was almost 30 at the half...

Not impressed by all the talk? Not sure where the talk is coming from, and you must be someone that is pretty hard to impress...I mean the same Clay County team led Clarkrange last week for almost the entirety of the game before losing a close one and Clay was NEVER in the game last night...must be pretty tough to impress.

That being said, Clay County is getting better and will get tougher to handle with each passing game. They may be a dark horse come tournament time!

Lol you wasn't watching the same game. PC was up by 12 to 15 max at halftime with Buck only having 3 points on 1-4 from 3. Buck ended with no more than 10. So obviously your skills of observation aren't quite all there.

Clays game vs Crange was a fluke. The real CC showed last night with the lack of hustle, lazy defense, and overall lazy play. Don't be surprised if PC walks out of Clarkrange with their first loss if they turn the ball over like they did in the first half vs Clay.

30 at halftime 😂😂😂. The final score was just over 30 with the starters playing the entire game up until the last 3 mins in the 4th.

Edited by Shozen

Buck had 10 at half. Ended with 10. Score at the half was PC 50, Clay County 26.  Final score was 86-51. That is a fact. PC had less than 10 turnovers for the entire game and turned them over almost 25 times....PC did not have a single starter in the game with 5 minutes to play in the 4th...the game film don't lie my friend. Running clock the last 3-5 minutes as well (which meant PC lead was over 35 by that point). Go find someone that has a player on either team and watch it again...sure sounds like you need to. 

The Clay County and Clarkrange game was not a fluke. Pickett can turn people over and Clarkrange didn't turn Clay over. That is why the score was similar. My bet is that the Jackson/Clay and the Clay/Clarkrange scores will all be close for the most part from here on out. 

One statement that you made that is ever remotely close to accurate is that Pickett could lose to Clarkrange on Friday night. Clarkrange is a very good team and I would say (as I did say earlier) that Pickett and Clarkrange may have Tennessee's Girls Game of the Night statewide. Start resting those eyes now so maybe you can catch more of the game next time around my friend. 

Edited by Play 4 Fun

Buck was 2-3 from 3 in the first half.... her lone miss was a halfcourt heave at the end of the first quarter.... and yes she had 10 in the first half and finished with 10....it was all that was required...Pickett had 5 players in double figures... this is a true team.... none of these girls care who gets the credit... they have one goal... a repeat trip to the Glass House...