Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

how much longer will clark be at DB? seems to hurt more than it does help having him there?

Says he won't leave while the program is down.......so I figure he's going to be here until the end of time. And maybe that's not such a bad thing. With the School Board we have they would replace him with someone much worse. That's a 100% guarantee.

South is not being considered.  They are like Tn High, at the lowest point in their history with regard to talent.  I think you can bank on Toocool's schedule from above.   And we are back to the debate of "play a tough schedule and split wins and losses"  or "play cupcakes and look like an NFL team".

Some have DB winning only a couple games in 17, and the winter workouts haven't even started.   Here's my input on that.   You may be right...,  but next year's team will be the most talented from top to bottom that we have seen in five years, and if we are going to take on the best, it will be the best year to do it.  

The tribe put up 35 points per game last year, and lose very few offensive players.  Coach Clark and the offensive coaches are doing well IMO.   But I agree with Waco, something has got to change on the defensive side.   Coaching, coaches, scheme, personel,.... something.   Otherwise we are Texas Tech, and lose 64-60 every week.   Okay....   I feel better now....

South is not being considered.  They are like Tn High, at the lowest point in their history with regard to talent.  I think you can bank on Toocool's schedule from above.   And we are back to the debate of "play a tough schedule and split wins and losses"  or "play cupcakes and look like an NFL team".

Some have DB winning only a couple games in 17, and the winter workouts haven't even started.   Here's my input on that.   You may be right...,  but next year's team will be the most talented from top to bottom that we have seen in five years, and if we are going to take on the best, it will be the best year to do it.  

The tribe put up 35 points per game last year, and lose very few offensive players.  Coach Clark and the offensive coaches are doing well IMO.   But I agree with Waco, something has got to change on the defensive side.   Coaching, coaches, scheme, personel,.... something.   Otherwise we are Texas Tech, and lose 64-60 every week.   Okay....   I feel better now....

You are 100% correct. But I've lost confidence in Clark. He's the head coach and he's the one that has to fix the defense. What ever it takes. It's been like this for 5 years so I'm not holding my breath.

Dobyns-Bennett High School

2,208 (6th largest high school in Tennessee)

6-6 (3-4, 5th Place), L in 6A Second Round

Wins - Tennessee High, Sevier County, Hardin Valley, Knox Bearden, Jefferson County, Smyrna

Losses - Oak Ridge, William Blount, Maryville, Bradley Central, Science Hill, Maryville

2017 Schedule (Tentative Dates)

8/18    @ Greeneville                   4A-R1   913      11-1 (7-0, 1st Place), L in 4A Second Round

8/25    vs. Oak Ridge                 5A-R3   1,387    8-3 (5-0, 1st Place), L in 5A First Round

9/1      vs. Science Hill*             6A-R1   2,248    8-4 (4-3, 4th Place), L in 6A Second Round

9/8      @ Sevier County               5A-R2   1,119    3-7 (3-3, 5th Place), Did Not Qualify for 5A Playoffs

9/15    BYE

9/22    vs. Alcoa                         3A-R2   646       13-1 (5-0, 1st Place), Playing in 3A State Championship

9/29    @ Knox Bearden*              6A-R1   2,063    4-7 (2-5, 6th Place) L in 6A First Round

10/6    vs. Knox Farragut*         6A-R1   1,734    13-1 (4-1 2nd Place), Playing 5A State Championship

10/13  @ Hardin Valley*               6A-R1   2,035     9-4 (5-2, 2nd Place), L in 6A Third Round

10/20  vs. Morristown West*     6A-R1   1,551    10-3 (6-0, 1st Place), L in 5A Third Round

10/27  @ Jefferson County*          6A-R1   2,185    3-8 (1-6, 7th Place), L in 6A First Round

Opponents 2016 records:

Regular Season (82-39)

Playoff (14-7)

Opponents 2016 achievements:

4 Conference Champions

2 State Championship Qualifiers

9 Playoff Qualifiers (All 6A teams qualified per TSSAA)

Wow that's a pretty big bite to chew on!! Good Luck to our friends up to Kingsport.

WILDCAT PRIDE

If this is the schedule I'd say this.With facilities 2nd to none in the state and playing a schedule with only 4 teams that were big enough to play 6A this year,it shouldn't be a big bite.This is a perfect schedule for a 6A program that has everything in order.Not saying this program as it sits should beat everyone ,but no lower then  7-3 would be my thoughts with the athletes I know DB has.

if you could whisper in the coaches ear i would love to see the Vikes vs Richlands. A huge payday for both.

I wouldn't mind seeing Richlands play the Vikings or another NET school.  I'm sure you've seen the article online or read the paper today that mentioned Tn High's non-conference schedule.

It had Virginia High, Elizabethton, and Lee County, which we were already aware of, and Knox Central.

They had tried to schedule a non-conference game with Union, but couldn't work out a date. They struck out with all 4 of the Sullivan County schools.

If this is the schedule I'd say this.With facilities 2nd to none in the state and playing a schedule with only 4 teams that were big enough to play 6A this year,it shouldn't be a big bite.This is a perfect schedule for a 6A program that has everything in order.Not saying this program as it sits should beat everyone ,but no lower then  7-3 would be my thoughts with the athletes I know DB has.

HEY BARTENDER!  I'LL HAVE WHAT BATMAN'S HAVING! 

HEY BARTENDER!  I'LL HAVE WHAT BATMAN'S HAVING! 

Just saying what should happen.I said years ago this { 2016 }year should be a championship contender.I said Tennessee should beat South Carolina and Vandy this year as well.Sometimes what should happen ,runs into shet happens.It's waste high over at J fred and the cattle round up hasn't even started.

HEY BARTENDER! I'LL HAVE WHAT BATMAN'S HAVING!

He may have been at the bar ever since GREENVILLE lost. Something definitely changed at that point.

I like this schedule just fine. If GC has really said that he won't leave while the program is down, then he's a fool - unwilling to accept his own responsibility for all this. People are already booing him from the stands. Maybe it isn't loud enough.