Dobyns Bennett 2017 Schedule

maroonpride

If there was a change I think the guys would be blowing up the T.         Well, now that I think about it, maybe not....   there seems to be a lot of apathy now about DB Football.     Even some of my friends who I thought were lifers are rather nonchalant now.     But this is a rather anecdotal view, maybe its not like that in all corners of the DB universe..

I do think the opening game vs. Greeneville will be extremely important, plus its down there so it is imperative that fans make the trip down I81.    I'm sure there will be a separate thread on this game later, or maybe someone on the 3A/4A has already started one

Had DB brought in a GQ type of coach a couple years back,I think they would be a contender to win it all this year.I would have hated the first game for the Devils.As it is,from what I seen in middle school,DB should still beat them.This is not middle school however and with the staff Greeneville has,it's anyones game.I don't know who scheduled Greeneville and Alcoa,but I'd rather had two powerhouse 6A teams if I were DB.

Had DB brought in a GQ type of coach a couple years back,I think they would be a contender to win it all this year.I would have hated the first game for the Devils.As it is,from what I seen in middle school,DB should still beat them.This is not middle school however and with the staff Greeneville has,it's anyones game.I don't know who scheduled Greeneville and Alcoa,but I'd rather had two powerhouse 6A teams if I were DB.

If DB would have scheduled Greenville and Alcoa last year they would have probably lost to those two teams. Both them teams outrank DB in the state rankings. So far DB has 34 returning seniors. That is A LOT. Greenville annihilated almost every team they played last year and Alcoa is 3A state champs. Not a bad move for DB to schedule that this year knowing they have 34 returning seniors. Greenville looks like they do not have too many returning this year. Alcoa field just as many players as DB so that will be an interesting game. They do not have the same amount of seniors returning though. DB would not have scheduled them two games if they thought they were going to have a down year. Just my opinion. Should be a good year for DB.

If DB would have scheduled Greenville and Alcoa last year they would have probably lost to those two teams. Both them teams outrank DB in the state rankings. So far DB has 34 returning seniors. That is A LOT. Greenville annihilated almost every team they played last year and Alcoa is 3A state champs. Not a bad move for DB to schedule that this year knowing they have 34 returning seniors. Greenville looks like they do not have too many returning this year. Alcoa field just as many players as DB so that will be an interesting game. They do not have the same amount of seniors returning though. DB would not have scheduled them two games if they thought they were going to have a down year. Just my opinion. Should be a good year for DB.

I guess my point is,the Devils and Alcoa together would be half the size of DB.DB gets crap for the investment made over the last decade.I've always said the talent has been there at DB and heard atleast two DB coaches say it's not with my own ears.The Devils will be a top five 4A team as they have been for the last several years but I seen this senior class  at DB when they were in the 8th at Sevier and Robinson.Sevier killed Greeneville and Robinson beat them in the playoffs before beating Sevier.DB's 9th grade team that next year only lost to Greeneville's jv and beat SH twice.There is a problem at DB and it's not your talent, DB still  has 3 times the students to choose from compared to Greeneville.It's not the players in Kingsport and I argue that with every suckazz here at the big E when I hear them repeat what this coach or that coach said.There is no way DB should have had the season's they have had and it should be down right embarrassing for those DB players from back in the day to wonder how they will do against Greeneville . As A former Devil however and with a cousin playing for them ,it would give me great pride to hear a few more of those stupid excuses about Andy and Mayberry after a big Devil win.Big time if it helps the next bunch of Indians coming up to have what my kids never got from DB.

Edited by BatmanDevil

It seems like we are always hearing about these legendary Robinson/Sevier teams but somehow it just never seems to translate to high school.     Will this be the year?

This probably needs its own thread, but if DB loses to Greeneville and Alcoa, which I believe is a real possibility, is it goodbye Clark?

It seems like we are always hearing about these legendary Robinson/Sevier teams but somehow it just never seems to translate to high school.     Will this be the year?

This probably needs its own thread, but if DB loses to Greeneville and Alcoa, which I believe is a real possibility, is it goodbye Clark?

I don't think it matters if DB can beat Greeneville {850 students } or Alcoa {550 students} it's up to coach Clark and when he is ready.Look back at the playoffs ,say McMinn co or a 28 point lead in 2nd half to Sevier county and any number of fails.Obviously ,there is nobody above Clark with a set of balls who will fire him .

I don't think it matters if DB can beat Greeneville {850 students } or Alcoa {550 students} it's up to coach Clark and when he is ready.Look back at the playoffs ,say McMinn co or a 28 point lead in 2nd half to Sevier county and any number of fails.Obviously ,there is nobody above Clark with a set of balls who will fire him .

FWIW, DB is 3-2 against Alcoa.   The last meeting was the same year we first landed on the moon, DB won 27-20.

DB is 31-5 against Greeneville, the last meeting was 2002 and Greeneville won 19-10.

I have seen Graham twice driving that ole Marron truck in the last week ..... once driving past the house and once walking into the store on the corner of Fort Henry and Eastman road . I thought to myself " Maybe he is stalking all his haters on here or maybe he is out finding prospects 🤔" .... I really think he was just "LOST" 😆🤗

Possible.   Or he could have just been coming from 7 am workouts, one of 100 home visits he does, preparing for one of several youth camps that he puts on, leaving the guidance office checking grades, or one of 90 other responsibilities that he has, that the next coach probably won't do.   True he could use some extra prospects , to replace the ones who have 4 F's, won't keep their mouth shut, or like to smoke the herb more than play football.   Regardless of the record, these are some things that a lot of parents and players appreciate about him.....   Just sayin...

Possible.   Or he could have just been coming from 7 am workouts, one of 100 home visits he does, preparing for one of several youth camps that he puts on, leaving the guidance office checking grades, or one of 90 other responsibilities that he has, that the next coach probably won't do.   True he could use some extra prospects , to replace the ones who have 4 F's, won't keep their mouth shut, or like to smoke the herb more than play football.   Regardless of the record, these are some things that a lot of parents and players appreciate about him.....   Just sayin...

That's another way of looking at it.A coach has a bunch on him and a lot is ask of anyone who takes that job.I like the fact that Greeneville has a great coach who also does those things but wins games come playoff time.I like knowing we might win a state or atleast be dang competitive deep into the playoffs most years.

Maybe he should spread some of his work load around to some of his assistants. He has more than any other high school team in the state. Probably twice what Greeneville and Alcoa have. Then maybe he could actually concentrate on winning football games. What he's doing is not working....obviously. What ever that is.